How long have you put off shopping around for low-cost Chevy Avalanche insurance in Philadelphia? Searching for low-cost insurance for a Chevy Avalanche in Pennsylvania can normally be a lot of work, but you can learn these tips to find lower rates. There are more efficient ways to compare auto insurance rates so we're going to tell you the proper way to compare rates for a Chevy and obtain the best price possible from both online companies and Philadelphia agents.
Companies offering affordable Chevy Avalanche rate quotes in Philadelphia, PA
The following companies have been selected to offer price comparisons in Philadelphia, PA. If more than one company is shown, it's a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Rates and other information
The premium table displayed next covers estimates of rate quotes for Chevy Avalanche models. Being aware of how insurance quotes are formulated is important to be able to make decisions on the best policy to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Avalanche LS 2WD||$282||$492||$498||$30||$150||$1,452||$121|
|Avalanche LT 2WD||$282||$580||$498||$30||$150||$1,540||$128|
|Avalanche LS 4WD||$282||$580||$498||$30||$150||$1,540||$128|
|Avalanche LT 4WD||$282||$580||$498||$30||$150||$1,540||$128|
|Avalanche LTZ 2WD||$314||$580||$498||$30||$150||$1,572||$131|
|Avalanche LTZ 4WD||$314||$580||$498||$30||$150||$1,572||$131|
|Get Your Own Customized Quote Go|
Price data assumes single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Pennsylvania minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, and safe-driver. Rate information does not factor in garaging location in Philadelphia which can change premiums significantly.
The example below highlights how deductible choice and can influence Chevy Avalanche insurance rates for different categories of driver ages. The costs are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Impact of careless driving on Philadelphia car insurance rates
The information below demonstrates how citations and at-fault claims can impact Chevy Avalanche insurance premiums for different age groups of insureds. The rate quotes are based on a single female driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Cost comparison with and without full coverage
The information below compares Chevy Avalanche auto insurance rates with and without physical damage coverage. The data is based on no claims or driving citations, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied.
When to eliminate full coverage
There is no written rule that is best for determining when to drop comp and collision coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let's say your Chevy Avalanche settlement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company would pay you is $6,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If premiums are more than $600 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some scenarios where eliminating full coverage is not financially feasible. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to keep full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not opt for liability only.
Chevy Avalanche insurance discounts in Philadelphia
Auto insurance companies don't always publicize every policy discount very well, so the following list contains both the well known as well as some of the hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Philadelphia auto insurance online.
- Telematics Devices - Philadelphia drivers who agree to allow data collection to analyze when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device such as State Farm's In-Drive might see lower rates if their driving habits are good.
- Multiple Vehicles - Buying insurance for multiple cars or trucks on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Drive Less and Save - Keeping the miles down on your Chevy can qualify you for slightly better rates than normal.
- Membership in Organizations - Joining a professional or civic organization can get you a small discount on your bill.
- Cautious Driver Discounts - Drivers who don't get into accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Philadelphia auto insurance quote as compared to drivers with claims.
- Defensive Driving Course - Successfully completing a defensive driving course could possibly earn you a 5% discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a break if you buy life insurance from them.
As a disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn't make money that way. But all discounts should help reduce your policy premium.
The example below compares Chevy Avalanche car insurance rates with and without discounts. The premium estimates are based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Pennsylvania state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, multi-car, and marriage discounts applied.
Popular auto insurance companies and their offered discounts can be found below.
- State Farm may include discounts for Drive Safe & Save, passive restraint, safe vehicle, anti-theft, driver's education, and good student.
- American Family includes discounts for mySafetyValet, defensive driver, air bags, multi-vehicle, good driver, accident-free, and early bird.
- AAA offers premium reductions for education and occupation, multi-policy, good driver, good student, pay-in-full, and AAA membership discount.
- GEICO offers discounts including air bags, multi-policy, military active duty, emergency military deployment, and daytime running lights.
- Mercury Insurance may have discounts that include low natural disaster claims, multi-car, multi-policy, anti-theft, and accident-free.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for alternative fuel, pay in full, good student, switch companies, bundle discounts, and business and professional.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online signing, continuous coverage, online quote discount, good student, multi-vehicle, and homeowner.
When quoting, ask all companies you are considering which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts might not be offered in your area. To choose companies who offer online Chevy Avalanche insurance quotes in Pennsylvania, click this link.
Insurance agencies can help
Many drivers would rather buy from a licensed agent and that is a smart decision Licensed agents are highly skilled in risk management and help submit paperwork. One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain the best rates and still have a local agent.
After completing this short form, your information is submitted to local insurance agents in Philadelphia who want to provide quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to drive around since rate quotes are delivered directly to your email. If you have a need to quote rates from one company in particular, you would need to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Selecting an insurer needs to be determined by more than just a low price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- How long have they been in business?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Is there a local claims center in Philadelphia?
Shown below is a list of insurers in Philadelphia that may be willing to give comparison quotes for Chevy Avalanche insurance in Philadelphia.
- Philadelphia Insurance Companies
231 St Asaphs Rd #100 - Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004 - (610) 617-7900 - View Map
- Vince Ovecka - State Farm Insurance Agent
456 E Girard Ave - Philadelphia, PA 19125 - (215) 739-0800 - View Map
- The Gannon Insurance Agency Inc
2704 Street Rd - Bensalem, PA 19020 - (215) 891-9990 - View Map
- Kevin Lowber - State Farm Insurance Agent
1347 E Hunting Park Ave - Philadelphia, PA 19124 - (215) 533-9010 - View Map
Cheap coverage is out there
In this article, we covered many ideas to save on Chevy Avalanche insurance in Philadelphia. It's most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your prices. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with a lesser-known regional company.
Consumers leave their current company for many reasons like being labeled a high risk driver, unfair underwriting practices, poor customer service or not issuing a premium refund. Regardless of your reason, finding a new company is not as hard as you think.
Lower-priced Chevy Avalanche insurance in Philadelphia is available online as well as from independent agents in Philadelphia, so you need to shop Philadelphia auto insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies do not provide rate quotes online and many times these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent agents.
More detailed car insurance information can be found in these articles:
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Male in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Female in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- How Much are Philadelphia Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Sentra? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Rogue in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Honda Accord in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Equinox in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)