Are you looking for a better way to compare more affordable Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in Philadelphia? Are you tired of not being able to scrape enough together to buy car insurance? You are in the same boat as the majority of other drivers in Pennsylvania.
A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that most drivers kept buying from the same company for over three years, and 38% of drivers have never shopped around. With the average premium in Pennsylvania being $1,360, drivers could save about 55% a year just by comparing rates, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to shop around.
Companies like GEICO and Progressive constantly blast consumers with ads and it is difficult to see through the deception and find the best price available.
It is always a good idea to compare rates before your policy renews because prices are variable and change quite frequently. If you had the best rates on Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in Philadelphia two years ago other companies may now be cheaper. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to one of the best ways to find better coverage on Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in Philadelphia at a better price.
If you have auto insurance now, you will most likely be able to lower your rates using this strategy. Buying affordable auto insurance in Philadelphia is not that difficult as long as you know where to start. Although Pennsylvania consumers must learn how big insurance companies determine how much to charge because rates fluctuate considerably.
The majority of larger companies such as Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm give price estimates directly from their websites. Comparing prices online for Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in Philadelphia is fairly simple as you simply enter your required coverages into the quote form. When the form is submitted, their rating system orders information on your driving record and credit history and returns a price based on many factors. Quoting online for Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in Philadelphia helps simplify price comparisons, and it is imperative to have as many quotes as possible if you are searching for cheaper rates.
In order to get comparison pricing now, take a look at the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended that you enter the coverages as close as possible to your current policy. This helps ensure you will have a price comparison for the exact same coverage.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide quotes in Pennsylvania. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you visit several of them to get the lowest price.
Discounts for cheap car insurance quotes
Companies don’t list all discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the below list has a few of the more common and also the lesser-known discounts you could be receiving when you buy Philadelphia car insurance online.
- College Student Discount – Older children who live away from home to go to college and do not take a car to college could qualify for this discount.
- Pay Early and Save – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than paying in monthly installments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Responsible Drivers – Insureds without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% compared to accident prone drivers.
- Active Service Discounts – Having a family member in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Memberships – Joining a professional or civic organization is a simple method to lower premiums on car insurance.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one isn’t a discount, but companies like State Farm, Progressive and GEICO will let one accident slide before your rates go up if your claims history is clear for a set time period.
- Defensive Driving Course – Participating in a class that teaches defensive driver techniques could save 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
Just know that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy. But all discounts will help lower the cost of your policy.
Companies and a partial list of their discounts are outlined below.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, defensive driver, five-year accident-free, federal employee, and anti-theft.
- Travelers offers discounts for continuous insurance, early quote, student away at school, save driver, multi-policy, payment discounts, and driver training.
- Farm Bureau has savings for safe driver, renewal discount, youthful driver, driver training, good student, multi-vehicle, and 55 and retired.
- Liberty Mutual includes discounts for hybrid vehicle, newly married, new graduate, teen driver discount, safety features, and preferred payment discount.
- American Family discounts include early bird, multi-vehicle, good student, defensive driver, bundled insurance, Steer into Savings, and air bags.
- Progressive may include discounts for good student, online quote discount, multi-policy, online signing, homeowner, continuous coverage, and multi-vehicle.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every prospective company how you can save money. Savings might not be offered on policies everywhere. For a list of insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Pennsylvania, click here to view.
How do Insurance Providers Determine Chevy Captiva Sport Insurance Prices?
Lots of factors are considered when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, although some other factors are not quite as obvious such as whether you are married or how financially stable you are.
The factors shown below are a partial list of the pieces used by insurance companies to determine prices.
- Premiums are lower the older you get – Drivers with little experience have a tendency to be easily distracted when driving so they pay higher car insurance rates. Parents adding a youthful driver onto a policy can be very expensive. Older, more experienced drivers are shown to be more cautious, statistically cause fewer accidents, and get fewer tickets.
- Marriage is a factor – Getting married helps lower the price on your car insurance bill. Marriage means you’re more financially stable and insurance companies like that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Where you reside plays a part – Being located in less populated areas has definite advantages when talking about car insurance. City drivers regularly have traffic congestion and a longer drive to work. Fewer drivers and short commutes means a lower chance of having an accident in addition to lower liability claims.
- Buy as much liability protection as you can afford – Your policy’s liability coverage is the coverage that protects you in the event that a jury decides you are liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. It will provide legal defense coverage which can be incredibly expensive. It is affordable coverage compared to comp and collision, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Higher deductibles are cheaper – Physical damage protection, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, covers damage that occurs to your Chevy. Some examples of covered claims would be a broken windshield, vandalism, and having your car stolen. Deductibles for physical damage tell how much the insured will be required to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. The larger the amount the insured is willing to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Car features impact car insurance rates – Choosing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Theft prevention devices like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all aid in stopping vehicle theft.
- Your job and car insurance rates – Occupations like fire fighters, airline pilots, and emergency personnel tend to pay higher rates than average attributed to high stress levels and long work hours. Other occupations such as professors, historians and homemakers have the lowest average rates.
- Maintain car insurance coverage – Allowing your car insurance policy to lapse is a sure-fire way to trigger a rate increase. Not only will rates go up, not being able to provide proof of insurance could earn you a license revocation or jail time.
Chevy Captiva Sport claim data – Companies use statistical claims data in order to profitably underwrite each model. Vehicles that historically have higher loss trends will have higher rates. The table below demonstrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Chevy Captiva Sport vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, as a total average, is represented as 100. Percentage values below 100 indicate better than average losses, while values that are above 100 point to more frequent losses or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Chevrolet Captiva Sport Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Captiva Sport 4dr 2WD 89 95 88 123 115 105BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Compare rate quotes but buy from a local Philadelphia insurance agency
A lot of people would prefer to get advice from a local agent and often times that is recommended One of the benefits of comparing car insurance online is the fact that you can find lower rates and also buy local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, the quote information is transmitted to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to even leave your home as quotes are delivered to your email. You can find the lowest rates and work with a local agent. If you have a need to compare rates from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right company shouldn’t rely on just the price. These questions are important to ask:
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
When narrowing the list to find a good Philadelphia insurance agent, there are a couple of types of agencies and how they work. Insurance agencies in Philadelphia can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents can only provide pricing for a single company like AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. They generally cannot shop your coverage around so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents are usually well trained on what they offer and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Shown below are Philadelphia exclusive insurance agents that are able to give comparison quotes.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel are appointed with more than one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through lots of different companies and find you cheaper rates. If your premiums go up, your agent can switch companies and you won’t have to switch agencies. If you need cheaper car insurance rates, we highly recommend that you compare prices from several independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison.
Listed below are independent agents in Philadelphia that are able to give rate quotes.
If you feel you receive good answers and locked in a price quote, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agent that is reliable enough to insure your vehicles.
Tailor your car insurance coverage to you
When choosing the best car insurance coverage, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Your situation is unique and your car insurance should be unique as well.
For example, these questions may help you determine if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Persistence is the key to cheaper rates
Cheaper Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in Philadelphia is possible on the web as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies may not have online rate quotes and most of the time these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent agents.
As you restructure your insurance plan, make sure you don’t buy poor coverage just to save money. There are too many instances where consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out that it was a big error on their part. Your strategy should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best cost and still be able to protect your assets.
We just showed you some good ideas how you can find cheaper Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in Philadelphia. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting low cost Philadelphia car insurance quotes. You may even discover the biggest savings come from a lesser-known regional company. Smaller companies may have significantly lower premium rates on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Male in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Good Drivers in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for High School Students in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)