Searching for the cheapest insurance for a new or used Chevy Spark in Pennsylvania can turn out to be an all-consuming task, but you can follow our car insurance buying tips and make it easy. There is a right way and a wrong way to buy car insurance so we're going to tell you the absolute fastest way to price shop coverage for your Chevy and locate the cheapest rates.
You should make it a habit to get comparison quotes once or twice a year since prices change quite often. Just because you had the best rates on Chevy Spark insurance in Philadelphia last year other companies may now be cheaper. There are lots of tips to save on Spark insurance out there, but we're going to give you the easiest ways to save money.
You Can Change Your Insurance Rates
Multiple criteria are part of the equation when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as traffic violations, although some other factors are less apparent such as your marital status or your commute time. A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing a few of the rating criteria that help calculate your premiums. If you have a feel for what determines premiums, this allows you to make good choices that can earn you big savings.
Older drivers save more - Older drivers have been proven to be more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and receive fewer citations. Inexperience drivers are proven to be inattentive in a vehicle so they pay higher car insurance rates.
Eliminate unneeded incidental coverages - Insurance companies have many optional add-on coverages that can add up but may not be useful. Things like vanishing deductibles, accidental death, and term life insurance may be costing you every month. The coverages may be enticing when you first buy your policy, but if you don't need them consider taking them off your policy.
The higher your credit rating the lower your prices - Having a bad credit history can be a huge factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. Insureds with excellent credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers with lower credit scores. Therefore, if your credit is lower than you'd like, you could be paying less to insure your Chevrolet Spark if you improve your credit rating.
Compare rates if you bundle your policies - Most car insurance companies give better rates to customers that buy multiple policies. It's known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you already get this discount, it's still a good idea to compare Chevy Spark rates in Philadelphia to help guarantee you have the best rates. Consumers may save more without the discount even if you insure with multiple companies
The majority of larger companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Progressive allow you to get coverage prices on the web. Getting Chevy Spark insurance prices online is fairly simple because you just enter the coverages you want as requested by the quote form. After you submit the form their system collects your driving record and credit report and quotes a price based on many factors.
Quoting online for Chevy Spark insurance in Philadelphia simplifies rate comparisons, and it's very important to get many rate quotes if you are searching for lower-cost rates.
To save time and compare pricing, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend that you enter your coverages as shown on your current policy. Doing this assures you will have rate quotes using the same coverage and limits.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Philadelphia, PA. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the lowest price.
Why you need car insurance
Despite the high insurance cost for a Chevy Spark in Philadelphia, maintaining insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability in order to be legal. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Chevy Spark, almost every bank will have a requirement that you have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you default on your policy, the lender will be forced to insure your Chevy at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay the higher price.
- Car insurance protects both your assets and your Chevy. It will also reimburse you for medical bills for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay attorney fees if you cause an accident and are sued. If you have damage to your Chevy as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying car insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly if you ever have a claim. But the average American driver overpays more than $855 a year so it's very important to do a rate comparison at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Affordable rates with discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but there may be some discounts that you may not know about. Some discounts apply automatically at the time of quoting, but less common discounts must be specially asked for before being credited.
- Organization Discounts - Having an affiliation with qualifying employment or professional organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on auto insurance.
- Accident Forgiveness - Not really a discount, but companies like Allstate, State Farm and GEICO will forgive one accident without getting socked with a rate hike so long as you are claim-free for a set time period.
- Distant Student - Children who are attending college and don't have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Student Discounts - Getting good grades may save as much as 25% on a Philadelphia car insurance quote. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- Telematics Discount - Policyholders that allow their company to track when and where they use their vehicle remotely like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm might get better premium rates if they are good drivers.
- Own a Home and Save - Being a homeowner can save a few bucks due to the fact that maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- E-sign - Certain auto insurance companies may give you up to $50 for signing up online.
- Bundled Policy Discount - If you can bundle your auto and home insurance with one insurance company you could earn a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- ABS Brakes - Cars and trucks that have anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
You should keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn't quite work that way.
Insurance companies that may offer these money-saving discounts include:
If you want affordable Chevrolet Spark insurance quotes, ask every prospective company which discounts you qualify for. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply everywhere. To see a list of insurance companies who offer online Chevy Spark insurance quotes in Pennsylvania, click here.
Compare rates but work with a local neighborhood Philadelphia car insurance agent
Some consumers just want to sit down and talk to an agent and that is OK! Experienced insurance agents are trained risk managers and help you file claims. One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get cheap rate quotes and still choose a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Philadelphia that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. You won't even need to visit any agencies because quoted prices will be sent immediately to you. If you have a need to quote rates from one company in particular, don't hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Choosing the best company requires you to look at more than just the price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Philadelphia?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a local insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents that you can choose from. Insurance agencies in Philadelphia can either be independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either can do a good job, but it's important to point out the difference in the companies they write for because it may have an impact on buying decisions.
Exclusive agencies can only place business with one company like Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. They usually cannot give you multiple price quotes so keep that in mind. Exclusive agencies are highly trained on their company's products which can be an advantage. Consumers frequently purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of the prominent brand name and strong financial ratings.
The following are Philadelphia exclusive agencies willing to provide price quotes.
- Les Moore - State Farm Insurance Agent
6750 N 5th St - Philadelphia, PA 19126 - (215) 224-4400 - View Map
- Steven Breinlinger - State Farm Insurance Agent
7904 Germantown Ave - Philadelphia, PA 19118 - (267) 323-2923 - View Map
- Sharon Owens - State Farm Insurance Agent
7034 Frankford Ave - Philadelphia, PA 19135 - (215) 333-5544 - View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents are normally appointed by many insurers and that enables them to quote your coverage through lots of different companies and get the cheapest rates. If your agent finds better pricing, your agent can just switch to a different company and you can keep the same agent.
When comparing rates, it's a good idea to check rates from at a minimum one independent agency so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through small mutual carriers that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Below are independent agencies in Philadelphia who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Kowalewski Jawork Insurance Agency Inc
706 S 5th St - Philadelphia, PA 19147 - (215) 922-1222 - View Map
- Pa Auto Insurance Outlet
4901 Frankford Ave - Philadelphia, PA 19124 - (215) 827-0800 - View Map
- HandM Insurance Agency
5829 Rising Sun Ave - Philadelphia, PA 19120 - (215) 745-8001 - View Map
Be persistent and save
We just covered a lot of information how to lower your Chevy Spark insurance prices in Philadelphia. It's most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Chevrolet Spark rate quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest prices come from some of the lesser-known companies.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it's very important that you do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. Too many times, someone sacrificed physical damage coverage and learned later that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Some insurance providers do not offer rates over the internet and many times these smaller providers only sell through independent insurance agencies. Cheap Chevy Spark insurance in Philadelphia is possible online as well as from independent agents in Philadelphia, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection.
More information is located below:
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Subaru Outback in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Philadelphia Car Insurance for a Learners Permit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Highlander in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Jeep Wrangler in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Philadelphia Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford Fusion? (FAQ)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)