Chevy Suburban insurance image courtesy of QuoteInspector.com
Would you like to stop wasting money and find low-cost Chevy Suburban insurance in Philadelphia? Scraping up a payment for pricey Chevrolet Suburban insurance in Philadelphia can empty your bank account and possibly require you to analyze your spending habits.
Smart shoppers know that insurance companies don't want you comparing rates. Drivers who compare rates annually are likely to switch to a new company because there is a significant possibility of finding a more affordable policy premium. A survey found that people who compared prices regularly saved $70 a month as compared to drivers who don't regularly compare prices.
If finding the lowest price for insurance is your goal, understanding how to find companies and compare insurance can help you succeed in saving money. With so many options for buying cheap insurance for a Chevy Suburban in Philadelphia, it can be impossible to pick the best insurer.
Companies offering Chevy Suburban insurance in Pennsylvania
The companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in Pennsylvania. If the list has multiple companies, it's a good idea that you compare several of them to get the most competitive price.
Insurance coverage details
The rate table below showcases different insurance rates for Chevy Suburban models. Learning more about how insurance premiums are calculated can help drivers make smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Suburban LS 2WD||$246||$420||$372||$22||$112||$1,172||$98|
|Suburban LT 2WD||$246||$420||$372||$22||$112||$1,172||$98|
|Suburban LS 4WD||$246||$420||$372||$22||$112||$1,172||$98|
|Suburban LT 4WD||$246||$420||$372||$22||$112||$1,172||$98|
|Suburban LTZ 2WD||$246||$494||$372||$22||$112||$1,246||$104|
|Suburban LTZ 4WD||$276||$494||$372||$22||$112||$1,276||$106|
|Get Your Own Customized Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Pennsylvania minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, and homeowner. Prices do not factor in specific garaging location which can affect auto insurance rates substantially.
The information below demonstrates how deductibles and can increase or decrease Chevy Suburban insurance premiums for different age groups of insureds. The price estimates are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Impact of speeding/accidents on Philadelphia auto insurance rates
The information below shows how speeding tickets and accident claims can drive up Chevy Suburban annual premium costs for each age group. The rates are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Full coverage versus liability-only in Philadelphia
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Chevy Suburban car insurance rates with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The data assumes no claims or driving violations, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Should you be buying full coverage?
There is no exact rule for excluding physical damage insurance, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than around 10% of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Chevy Suburban settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would receive is $5,000 after you pay the deductible. If premium cost is more than $500 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some situations where only buying liability is not a good idea. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to carry full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
Score discounts on Philadelphia car insurance
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there could be significant discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. A few discounts will be applied at quote time, but some may not be applied and must be asked about before you get the savings.
- Senior Citizen Rates - If you're over the age of 55, you may receive a slight reduction on a Philadelphia car insurance quote.
- Student Discounts - Getting good grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
- Passive Restraints - Options like air bags may qualify for discounts as much as 30%.
- Full Payment Discount - If you pay your bill all at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Discount for Low Mileage - Driving less may allow you to get better premium rates on cars that stay parked.
- Early Signing - A few car insurance companies give discounts for switching to them prior to the expiration date on your current Suburban insurance policy. The savings is around 10%.
- Paperwork-free - A handful of larger companies give back up to $50 simply for signing over the internet.
Don't be shocked that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Even though it appears it's possible to get free car insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
The example below illustrates the difference between Chevy Suburban insurance costs with and without some available policy discounts. The prices are based on a female driver, no violations or accidents, Pennsylvania state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, marriage, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-car, and multi-policy discounts applied.
A few popular companies and the discounts they provide are:
- State Farm includes discounts for safe vehicle, driver's education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple autos, accident-free, good student, and student away at school.
- GEICO offers discounts including emergency military deployment, multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, driver training, and air bags.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including bundle discounts, accident prevention training, drive less, anti-theft, and multi-car.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for business and professional, mature driver, electronic funds transfer, pay in full, and youthful driver.
- AAA may offer discounts for multi-car, education and occupation, good student, AAA membership discount, and good driver.
- USAA offers discounts for loyalty savings, new vehicle, multi-vehicle, family discount, defensive driver, and vehicle storage.
Double check with each company or agent to give you their best rates. A few discounts may not be available everywhere. If you would like to see a list of insurers with significant discounts in Pennsylvania, click here to view.
How to Lower Your Insurance Premiums
Many factors are part of the equation when you get a price on insurance. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, although others are not as apparent such as your credit history or how financially stable you are.
Shown below are a few of the "ingredients" car insurance companies consider when setting your rates.
- What's your car's NHTSA crash test rating? - Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to have better insurance rates. These vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and reduced instances of injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and thus lower rates. If your Chevy Suburban scored better than an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Never let your car insurance policy expire - Not having insurance is a misdemeanor and your next policy will cost more because you let your insurance expire. Not only will you pay higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance may result in fines and jail time.
Women pay lower rates - Over time, data shows that females take fewer risks when driving. However, this does not mean females are better drivers. Women and men cause auto accidents in similar percentages, but the male of the species cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also statistically receive more costly citations such as DWI and reckless driving.
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Chevy Suburban annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no accidents or driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
- Safeguard your assets with liability protection - Liability insurance will provide protection if ever a court rules you are at fault for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. This coverage provides you with a defense in court which can cost a lot. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to other policy coverages, so do not cut corners here.
Drive a fast car and pay more - The make and model of the car or truck you are insuring makes a substantial difference in your rates. Small economy passenger cars receive the most favorable rates, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
The chart below uses these variables: married male driver age 30, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The data compares Chevrolet Suburban insurance premiums compared to other models of vehicles that have different risk factors.
Insurance losses for a Chevy Suburban - Insurance companies analyze past claim statistics to help calculate premium rates. Vehicles that the data shows to have higher claim frequency or loss amount will have a higher cost to insure.
The table below shows the compiled insurance loss statistics for Chevy Suburban vehicles. For each coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is considered to be 100. Numbers that are below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values that are above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or statistically larger claims.
Chevrolet Suburban Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Suburban 1500 4dr 2WD 90 92 90 67 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 4dr 4WD 109 113 124 72 70BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
There's no such thing as the perfect insurance policy
When it comes to insurance from an agent or online for your personal vehicles, there really is not a "perfect" insurance plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For instance, these questions may help you determine whether you could use an agent's help.
- Are rock-chip repairs free?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer's policy when using it for work?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my Chevy Suburban is totaled?
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
If you can't answer these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Shop online but buy locally
Some people still prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Good agents are highly skilled in risk management and will help you if you have claims. One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain the best rates and also buy local. Buying insurance from local insurance agencies is important especially in Philadelphia.
By using this form (opens in new window), the quote information is sent to companies in Philadelphia who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You don't have to leave your house since price quotes are sent directly to you. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a specific car insurance provider, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
How to choose the best auto insurance agent in Philadelphia
When searching for a reputable agency, you should know the different types of agents and how they are distinctly different. Insurance agencies in Philadelphia are considered either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either one can do a good job, but it's important to know the differences because it may have an impact on the type of agent you choose.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Independent agents do not work for one specific company and that allows them to write policies through lots of different companies and potentially find a lower price. If they find a lower price, your agent can switch companies which makes it simple for you. When searching for an agent, it's a good idea to include rate quotes from at least one independent agent to have the most options to choose from.
The following is a partial list of independent agencies in Philadelphia that may be able to provide comparison quotes.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents work for only one company and some examples include AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. These agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. They are well trained on their products and sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Philadelphia that can give you comparison quotes.
Selecting an auto insurance agent shouldn't rely on just a cheap price quote. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Philadelphia?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Are they full-time agents?
After talking to the agent and getting good answers to your questions and a good coverage price, it's a good possibility that you have found an insurance agency that can be relied on to properly insure your vehicles.
More quotes mean more car insurance savings
Some car insurance companies do not offer price quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent insurance agents. The cheapest Chevy Suburban insurance in Philadelphia is attainable online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection.
Drivers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, lack of trust in their agent, being labeled a high risk driver or not issuing a premium refund. It doesn't matter why you want to switch choosing a new insurance company can be easier than you think.
While you're price shopping online, you should never buy less coverage just to save a little money. Too many times, an insured cut collision coverage and discovered at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your objective should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
More tips and info about car insurance can be found by following these links:
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Toyota RAV4 in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Handicapped Drivers in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for 16 Year Olds in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Philadelphia Auto Insurance for Hybrid Vehicles? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for College Graduates in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Philadelphia Auto Insurance Quotes for Inexperienced Drivers? (FAQ)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)