Comparing Philadelphia car insurance quotes online can be a challenge if you haven’t ever compared insurance using online rate quotes. But don’t surrender to high rates because comparing rates is actually very simple.
It’s astonishing, but most Pennsylvania auto insurance customers have bought auto insurance from the same company for a minimum of four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared rates to find affordable insurance. Consumers in America could save themselves up to $859 a year by just comparing quotes, but they just assume it’s a time-consuming process to compare rates online.
It’s smart to do rate comparisons quite often because prices are usually higher with each renewal. Just because you found the lowest price on Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid insurance in Philadelphia a couple years back you can probably find a lower rate today. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because we’re going to demonstrate how to quote online to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
If you have a policy now, you should be able to buy cheaper auto insurance using these techniques. Quoting and comparing more affordable auto insurance coverage in Philadelphia is not as difficult as people think. Although Pennsylvania consumers can benefit by having an understanding of how the larger insurance companies calculate your auto insurance rates and apply this information to your search.
Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid insurance quotes comparison
When comparison shopping, there are several ways to compare rate quotes from many auto insurance companies in Pennsylvania. The easiest way to compare Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid insurance prices is to perform an online rate comparison.
When comparison shopping, quoting more increases your odds of finding more affordable rates. Not every company allows you to get online rate quotes, so it’s recommended that you also compare price estimates from the smaller companies as well.
The following companies are ready to provide price quotes in Pennsylvania. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Why you need quality insurance for your Chrysler vehicle
Despite the high cost, auto insurance serves an important purpose.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid with a loan, most lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you default on your policy, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Chrysler at a significantly higher premium and require you to reimburse them for it.
- Auto insurance protects not only your car but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially with large liability claims. An average driver in America is overpaying more than $865 each year so it’s important to compare rates at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
You may qualify for discounts for Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid insurance in Philadelphia
Auto insurance companies don’t always advertise every discount very well, so the list below contains a few of the more common as well as the least known discounts that you may qualify for. If you’re not getting every credit available, you are throwing money away.
- E-sign Discounts – Certain insurance companies provide a small discount for buying your policy on the web.
- Senior Citizen Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you may receive a small decrease in premiums.
- Bundled Policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same company you could earn a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Professional Organizations – Affiliation with a qualifying organization could earn you a nice discount when getting a Philadelphia car insurance quote.
- Philadelphia Homeowners Discount – Simply owning a home may trigger a policy discount on insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Claim-Free Discount – Claim-free drivers pay less in comparison with bad drivers.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your bill all at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars and trucks that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are much safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
Consumers should know that some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Despite the appearance that you could get a free insurance policy, it’s just not the way it works.
Large insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are:
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, anti-theft, driver’s education, Drive Safe & Save, and multiple policy.
- GEICO may have discounts that include air bags, emergency military deployment, military active duty, seat belt use, and membership and employees.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for preferred payment discount, safety features, exclusive group savings, good student, and multi-car.
- The Hartford may include discounts for defensive driver, driver training, anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, good student, and bundle.
- MetLife may offer discounts for accident-free, claim-free, defensive driver, good student, multi-policy, and good driver.
- Progressive has discounts for online quote discount, multi-policy, online signing, good student, homeowner, continuous coverage, and multi-vehicle.
Check with all companies you are considering which credits you are entitled to. Some credits may not apply to policies in Philadelphia. If you would like to see a list of providers that offer multiple discounts in Pennsylvania, click here.
Local neighborhood Philadelphia car insurance agents
Many drivers would prefer to buy from a licensed agent and doing so can bring peace of mind One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Philadelphia who can give free rate quotes for your coverage. There is no need to contact any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. It’s the lowest rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you need to get a price quote from a particular provider, you would need to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
If you need to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, it’s important to understand the types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies in Philadelphia are categorized either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to place coverage with different providers so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents are very knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Consumers frequently buy insurance from these agents mainly due to the brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
Below is a short list of exclusive agents in Philadelphia willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Trish Floyd – State Farm Insurance Agent
7706 Castor Ave – Philadelphia, PA 19152 – (215) 725-3000 – View Map
- Craig Alleyne – State Farm Insurance Agent
6335 Wayne Avenue – Philadelphia, PA 19144 – (215) 438-8440 – View Map
- Jack Stabler – State Farm Insurance Agent
6726 Torresdale Ave – Philadelphia, PA 19135 – (215) 331-4300 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Independent insurance agents are not restricted to one company so they can insure your vehicles with a variety of different insurance companies and find you the best rates. If premiums increase, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to do anything. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you need to compare prices from at a minimum one independent agency for maximum quote selection. Many independent agencies also insure through companies that do not advertise much which may provide better rates.
Below is a short list of independent agencies in Philadelphia that are able to give rate quotes.
- K and A Insurance Agency
5520 Wayne Ave – Philadelphia, PA 19144 – (215) 991-4900 – View Map
- HandM Insurance Agency
5829 Rising Sun Ave – Philadelphia, PA 19120 – (215) 745-8001 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Ferullo Insurance Agencies LLC
1636 S Front St – Philadelphia, PA 19148 – (215) 468-4116 – View Map
Insurance agents can help
When quoting and choosing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Your situation is unique.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Auto insurance coverages
Learning about specific coverages of your insurance policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement.
Collision coverage – Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as sideswiping another vehicle, rolling your car, crashing into a building, hitting a parking meter and backing into a parked car. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible on your Pacifica Hybrid to save money on collision insurance.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance – This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid.
Due to the fact that many Pennsylvania drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (15/30/5 in Pennsylvania), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Insurance for medical payments – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for short-term medical expenses for things like dental work, chiropractic care, prosthetic devices, doctor visits and funeral costs. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision) – This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hitting a deer, hail damage and fire damage. The maximum payout your insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Liability car insurance – This will cover damage that occurs to a person or their property in an accident. Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see limits of 15/30/5 which means $15,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $30,000 in injury protection per accident, and $5,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers claims such as medical expenses, medical services, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and pain and suffering. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but buy as large an amount as possible. Pennsylvania state law requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/5 but drivers should carry more liability than the minimum.
The next chart shows why buying minimum limits may not be adequate.
Quote. Compare. Save.
Insureds leave their current company for any number of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, not issuing a premium refund, poor customer service or even questionable increases in premium. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching car insurance companies is not as hard as you think.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, don’t be tempted to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many instances, an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that the savings was not a smart move. The proper strategy is to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Cost effective Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid insurance can be bought online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to shop Philadelphia car insurance with both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers do not offer online rate quotes and most of the time these smaller providers only sell through independent agents.
For more information, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- How Much is Philadelphia Auto Insurance for Teachers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Active Military in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Ram in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)