Locating cheaper Philadelphia Honda CR-Z insurance quotes online may be intimidating for people new to comparing rates online. With such a large number of companies, how are people expected to have a chance to compare the different rates to find the lowest price?
It's an obvious conclusion that car insurance companies don't want you to look for a cheaper policy. Consumers who shop rates annually are highly likely to buy a new policy because there is a great chance of finding more affordable rates. A recent auto insurance study revealed that people who routinely compared rates saved about $3,400 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the cheapest rates on Honda CR-Z insurance is your ultimate objective, then having some knowledge of how to shop and compare cheaper coverage can make it easier to find better rates.
Choosing the best rates in Philadelphia can be much easier if you know how to start. If you are insured now, you will definitely be able to get lower rates using the concepts you're about to learn. Although Pennsylvania drivers must comprehend the way companies price online insurance and use it to your advantage.
Companies offering Honda CR-Z insurance in Pennsylvania
The companies shown below can provide free quotes in Pennsylvania. If the list has multiple companies, it's highly recommended you get rate quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Insurance policy discounts for Honda CR-Z insurance in Philadelphia
Some providers don't necessarily list every available discount very clearly, so the list below details both well-publicized in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that may be available.
- ABS Brakes - Cars and trucks that have anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Bundle and Save - If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them with the same company you may save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Student Discounts - Getting good grades may save you up to 25%. You can use this discount normally up to age 25.
- Federal Employees - Having worked for a branch of the government can save as much as 8% with some insurance companies.
- Passive Restraint Discount - Factory options such as air bags can receive discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Distant Student Discount - Children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle could get you a discount.
- Data Collection Discounts - Philadelphia drivers who agree to allow companies to analyze where and when they drive by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could see a rate decrease if they are good drivers.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Even though it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn't work that way. Any qualifying discounts should definitely cut your policy cost.
The best insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be read below.
- American Family may have discounts that include defensive driver, multi-vehicle, bundled insurance, good driver, Steer into Savings, and air bags.
- State Farm has savings for good driver, passive restraint, multiple policy, Steer Clear safe driver discount, anti-theft, and student away at school.
- 21st Century has discounts for automatic seat belts, student driver, defensive driver, theft prevention, and teen driver.
- Travelers discounts include hybrid/electric vehicle, payment discounts, multi-policy, new car, save driver, student away at school, and early quote.
- GEICO offers discounts for membership and employees, anti-lock brakes, multi-vehicle, defensive driver, federal employee, and air bags.
If you want the cheapest Honda CR-Z rate quotes, ask each company or agent what discounts are available to you. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not apply in your state. To find companies that offer multiple discounts in Pennsylvania, follow this link.
Local Philadelphia insurance agencies and car insurance
Some consumers would rather visit with an insurance agent and that is a smart decision A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is you may find lower prices and also buy local.
Upon completion of this simple form, the coverage information is sent to companies in Philadelphia who will give you bids for your business. There is no need to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. Get lower rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you need to quote rates for a specific company, you can always go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Choosing an insurer should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. A good agent in Philadelphia will have answers to these questions.
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
Exclusive agents vs. Independent agents
When looking for a local agent, it can be helpful to understand the different agency structures and how they are distinctly different. Agencies in Philadelphia are considered either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so keep that in mind. Exclusive agencies are highly trained on their products and sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. Some consumers prefer to buy insurance from these agents primarily because of high brand loyalty and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
The following are Philadelphia exclusive insurance agents who may provide you with comparison quotes.
- Mike Hickey - State Farm Insurance Agent
86 Bethlehem Pike - Philadelphia, PA 19118 - (215) 753-1501 - View Map
- Sharon Owens - State Farm Insurance Agent
7034 Frankford Ave - Philadelphia, PA 19135 - (215) 333-5544 - View Map
- Brian Madalion - State Farm Insurance Agent
7208 Ogontz Ave - Philadelphia, PA 19138 - (215) 549-4900 - View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent are not locked into one company so they have the ability to put coverage through lots of different companies and potentially find a lower price. If your agent finds better pricing, the business is moved internally which requires no work on your part. When comparing car insurance rates, you will definitely want to compare prices from at least one independent agent in order to have the best price comparison. Most also have access to companies that do not advertise much that many times have cheaper rates.
Shown below are Philadelphia independent insurance agents who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Goebel Insurance Agency, Inc.
2026 S 12th St - Philadelphia, PA 19148 - (215) 465-9311 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Ferullo Insurance Agencies LLC
1636 S Front St - Philadelphia, PA 19148 - (215) 468-4116 - View Map
- Juniata Ins Agency
1206 E Hunting Park Ave - Philadelphia, PA 19124 - (215) 533-9701 - View Map
When buying insurance coverage, it's a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many cases where consumers will sacrifice collision coverage to discover at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your goal should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Cheaper car insurance in Philadelphia is available on the web and also from your neighborhood Philadelphia agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection. Some car insurance companies may not offer online rate quotes and usually these smaller companies work with independent insurance agencies.
We just covered a lot of information how to save on Honda CR-Z insurance in Philadelphia. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with an unexpected company.
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Mileage Drivers in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- How Much is Philadelphia Car Insurance for Drivers with Accidents? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Philadelphia Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford Fusion? (FAQ)
- Warning systems don't curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)