If you’re searching for lower-cost insurance online, do you get frustrated by the sheer number of auto insurance sources that you can choose from? Many other people are as well. You have so many options that it can quickly become a real difficult job to find the perfect company for you. Philadelphia is a great place to live, but high auto insurance premiums can make it hard for many residents to be able to afford adequate coverage.
A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that most drivers have purchased from the same company for a minimum of four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared quotes from other companies. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,400, Philadelphia drivers could save approximately $690 each year by just shopping around, but they underestimate the benefits if they changed companies.
Consumers should take time to price shop coverage as often as possible because auto insurance prices change quite often. Even if you think you had the best price on Land Rover LR3 insurance in Philadelphia a couple years back a different company probably has better rate quotes today. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because you’re about to learn how to quote online to save on auto insurance.
This article’s intent is to familiarize you with how car insurance quotes work and some tricks to saving. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you should be able to get lower rates using the tips covered below. Although Pennsylvania car owners must learn how the larger insurance companies calculate their prices because rates fluctuate considerably.
Land Rover LR3 Insurance Prices Can Be Reduced
Many things are part of the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic like an MVR report, but some are more obscure such as your marital status or your commute time. One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the factors that play a part in calculating car insurance rates. If you know what determines premiums, this enables informed choices that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
- Premiums are lower the older you get – More experienced drivers are more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and get fewer tickets. Teen drivers tend to be careless and easily distracted in a vehicle therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
- Put fewer miles on your vehicle – Driving more miles in a year the more you’ll pay to insure it. Most companies charge rates based on how the vehicle is used. Cars that are left in the garage can get a lower rate than those used for commuting. An incorrectly rated LR3 is just wasting money. It’s a good idea to make sure your car insurance policy states the correct usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Good drivers pay better costs – Your driving citation history has a big impact on rates. Even a single ticket may increase your cost forty percent or more. Careful drivers get better rates as compared to careless drivers. People who have serious violations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may find they need to file a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
- Safer occupants lowers premiums – Vehicles that have high safety ratings get lower rates. Vehicles built for safety reduce the chance of injuries and fewer serious injuries translates into savings for insurance companies and more competitive rates for policyholders.
- Pay more out-of-pocket – Insurance for physical damage to your car, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, covers your vehicle from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered are a windshield shattered by a rock, hail damage, and windstorm damage. Your deductibles define how much you are required to spend if you file a covered claim. The more of the claim the insured is willing to pay, the better rate you will receive.
- Get better rates if married – Having a significant other actually saves money compared to being single. Marriage translates into being more mature and statistics show being married results in fewer claims.
- Impacts performance impacts auto insurance costs – The make and model of the car, truck or SUV you are buying insurance for makes a significant difference in your premium level. Small economy passenger cars normally have pretty low rates, but your final cost has many other factors.
Keep in mind that comparing more prices provides better odds of finding the best offered rates. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide online rate quotes, so you need to compare price quotes from them, too.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Philadelphia, PA. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Why you need insurance for your vehicle
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Land Rover in Philadelphia, car insurance serves several important purposes.
First, almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your Land Rover LR3 has a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you carry insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If the policy lapses, the bank may insure your Land Rover at a significantly higher premium and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
Third, car insurance preserves both your Land Rover LR3 and your personal assets. It will also reimburse you for medical expenses that are the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your car are definitely more than the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Philadelphia is overpaying over $800 each year so we recommend shopping around at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Auto insurance policy discounts for Land Rover LR3 insurance in Philadelphia
Some companies do not advertise all possible discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we break down a few of the more well known and the harder-to-find credits available to bring down your rates.
- ABS Brakes – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles have fewer accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts could save 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts of more than 20%.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By making one initial payment as opposed to paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Distant College Student Discount – Youth drivers who are attending college and do not take a car to college can receive lower rates.
- Active Military Service – Being deployed with a military unit could qualify you for better premium rates.
- Professional Organizations – Joining a civic or occupational organization in Philadelphia could earn you a nice discount when shopping for auto insurance.
- Theft Deterrent – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles have a lower chance of being stolen and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Drivers Education – Have your child successfully complete driver’s ed class in school.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying a new car model can be considerably cheaper due to better safety requirements for new vehicles.
It’s important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free auto insurance policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
A list of companies and a partial list of their discounts are detailed below.
- Progressive may offer discounts for homeowner, continuous coverage, good student, online signing, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for multi-policy, claim-free, accident-free, good driver, and good student.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts for annual mileage, low natural disaster claims, multi-policy, accident-free, multi-car, age of vehicle, and professional/association.
- Nationwide includes discounts for family plan, business or organization, Farm Bureau membership, easy pay, multi-policy, good student, and accident-free.
- GEICO may include discounts for driver training, membership and employees, seat belt use, federal employee, military active duty, and anti-lock brakes.
- AAA may have discounts that include multi-policy, good driver, AAA membership discount, multi-car, anti-theft, pay-in-full, and education and occupation.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company which credits you are entitled to. Some credits might not be offered on policies in Philadelphia. To locate providers that offer the discounts shown above in Pennsylvania, click this link.
Insurance agents are professional risk managers
Many drivers still prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is a smart decision One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is you can get cheap car insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent. And providing support for local insurance agents is definitely important in Philadelphia.
By using this form (opens in new window), your information gets sent to companies in Philadelphia that give free quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to drive around since rate quotes are delivered instantly to you. You can get cheaper car insurance rates AND an agent nearby. If you wish to compare rates from a specific company, just search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a reliable insurance agent, it’s important to understand the types of insurance agents that you can choose from. Car insurance agents can be described as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent agents do not have single company limitations so they have the ability to put coverage amongst many companies and find you the best rates. If prices rise, they simply move the coverage in-house and you can keep the same agent.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, it’s a good idea to compare prices from a few independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most independent agents also contract with less well-known companies which can be an advantage.
Below is a small list of independent insurance agencies in Philadelphia who may provide free car insurance rate quotes.
- Fabey Insurance Agency
619 E Girard Ave – Philadelphia, PA 19125 – (215) 425-7640 – View Map
- Goebel Insurance Agency, Inc.
2026 S 12th St – Philadelphia, PA 19148 – (215) 465-9311 – View Map
- Crossing Insurance Group
4252 Richmond St – Philadelphia, PA 19137 – (215) 321-4990 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can only provide one company’s prices and examples are Allstate and State Farm. They are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers frequently use the same exclusive agent mainly due to loyalty to the company instead of buying on price only.
Shown below are Philadelphia exclusive agents who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Les Moore – State Farm Insurance Agent
6750 N 5th St – Philadelphia, PA 19126 – (215) 224-4400 – View Map
- John Nicolucci – State Farm Insurance Agent
6001 Ridge Ave – Philadelphia, PA 19128 – (215) 482-7000 – View Map
- Kevin Lowber – State Farm Insurance Agent
1347 E Hunting Park Ave – Philadelphia, PA 19124 – (215) 533-9010 – View Map
Picking the best insurance agency requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- How many companies do they write for?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
Which is the best auto insurance?
Always keep in mind that when comparing insurance from an agent or online, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Every situation is different.
For instance, these questions may help highlight if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Am I covered if I have no license?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- What policy terms are available?
- Who is covered when they drive my Land Rover LR3?
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Smart consumers save more
We just covered a lot of information how to lower your Land Rover LR3 insurance car insurance rates in Philadelphia. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the most savings is with a small local company.
As you shop your coverage around, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits only to find out that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal is to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Insureds who switch companies do it for many reasons like high rates after DUI convictions, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, denial of a claim or even delays in responding to claim requests. No matter why you want to switch, switching insurance companies is actually quite simple.
More information is available at these links:
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- How Much are Philadelphia Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Escape? (FAQ)
- How Much are Philadelphia Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Sentra? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Philadelphia Auto Insurance Quotes for Inexperienced Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Uninsured Drivers in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Veterans in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a GMC Sierra in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)