Do you want a faster way to compare lower-priced Lexus HS 250h insurance in Philadelphia? When shopping for more affordable insurance, are you baffled by the dozens of insurance providers in Philadelphia? You have such a large number of options that it is a chore to find the best rates for Lexus HS 250h insurance in Philadelphia. Philadelphia is a great place to live, but expensive premiums for insurance can make it nearly impossible for many drivers to affordably buy enough coverage.
Smart shoppers know that insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. People who compare rates at least once a year are likely to buy a new policy because there is a significant possibility of finding lower rate quotes. A recent survey discovered that drivers who shopped around annually saved $850 each year compared to people who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding budget-friendly auto insurance in Philadelphia is your objective, then having some insight into how to quote prices and compare insurance can save time, money, and frustration.
You need to compare rates every six months since prices go up and down regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the best deal on Lexus HS 250h insurance in Philadelphia on your last policy the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because I’m going to teach you the best way to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
Get cheaper Lexus HS 250h insurance rates in Philadelphia
Some companies do not list all their discounts very well, so we break down some of the more common as well as some of the hidden discounts you could be receiving when you buy Philadelphia auto insurance online.
- Mature Driver Discount – Older drivers can get a small decrease in premiums.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems could see savings of 20% or more.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government can earn a discount up to 10% with select insurance companies.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a vehicle that is new can save you some money compared to insuring an older model.
- Philadelphia Homeowners Discount – Owning a house in Philadelphia can earn you a little savings since home ownership requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Anti-theft Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles prevent vehicle theft and will qualify for a discount on a Philadelphia auto insurance quote.
- E-sign Discounts – Many companies may give you up to $50 for completing your application digitally online.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are much safer to drive so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Good drivers with no accidents pay less when compared with policyholders that have many claims.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Teen drivers should successfully take a driver’s education course as it can save substantially.
One thing to note about discounts is that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So even though you would think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you aren’t that lucky.
The example below visualizes the comparison of Lexus HS 250h annual premium costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The premium estimates are based on a male driver, no claims, a clean driving record, Pennsylvania state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-car discounts applied.
Companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are included below.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include air bag, vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, good student, anti-theft, and bundle.
- American Family offers premium reductions for mySafetyValet, good student, Steer into Savings, air bags, bundled insurance, early bird, and TimeAway discount.
- Progressive discounts include homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, online signing, and online quote discount.
- Travelers includes discounts for early quote, multi-policy, home ownership, good student, continuous insurance, and multi-car.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for mature driver, distant student, bundle discounts, pay in full, alternative fuel, homeowner, and early shopping.
- USAA policyholders can earn discounts including safe driver, vehicle storage, multi-vehicle, military installation, and multi-policy.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for hybrid vehicle, newly retired, teen driver discount, safety features, multi-car, and good student.
Before you buy a policy, ask all companies you are considering which credits you are entitled to. A few discounts may not be available in Philadelphia. If you would like to view providers that offer many of these discounts in Pennsylvania, click here to view.
How much does Lexus HS 250h insurance in Philadelphia cost?
Just keep in mind that making a lot of price comparisons will enable you to find better pricing. Some regional insurers cannot provide online rate quotes, so it’s necessary to compare rates from the smaller companies as well.
The car insurance companies shown below offer free quotes in Philadelphia, PA. If multiple companies are shown, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Lexus HS 250h coverage analysis
The coverage table shown below showcases detailed analysis of insurance premium costs for Lexus HS 250h models. Knowing how policy premiums are formulated can assist in making smart choices when buying a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|HS 250H 4-Dr Sedan||$190||$414||$364||$22||$108||$1,098||$92|
|HS 250H Premium 4-Dr Sedan||$190||$414||$364||$22||$108||$1,098||$92|
|Get Your Own Customized Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Pennsylvania minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, and claim-free. Price information does not factor in specific Philadelphia garaging location which can impact rates considerably.
The chart below shows how different deductible levels and can raise or lower Lexus HS 250h insurance costs for each different age category. The premiums are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Impact of speeding/accidents on insurance rates
The illustration below demonstrates how citations and accidents can raise Lexus HS 250h insurance prices for different insured age categories. The costs are based on a single female driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Does it make sense to buy full coverage?
The chart below shows the difference between Lexus HS 250h annual premium costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The information is based on no violations or accidents, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are factored in.
Should you pay for full coverage or liability only?
There is no exact formula that is best for determining when to drop full coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s say your Lexus HS 250h book value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $4,000 after paying your deductible. If you are currently paying more than $400 annually for your policy with full coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some cases where buying only liability insurance is not a good idea. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to carry full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not opt for liability only.
Lexus HS 250h Insurance Costs Can Be Reduced
Lots of things are part of the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving history, but some are not quite as obvious like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are. The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at some of the things that are used to determine car insurance rates. When you understand what controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that could result in cheaper rates.
The list below includes a partial list of the pieces used by companies to determine rates.
Extra policy coverages are wasting money – Insurance companies have many extra coverages that you can buy on your HS 250h policy. Insurance for things like rental car reimbursement, accident forgiveness, and extra equipment coverage are examples of these. These may sound like a good investment when buying your policy, but if you have no use for them eliminate them to save money.
Safeguard your assets with liability coverage – Your car insurance policy’s liability coverage will protect you in the event that a jury decides you are liable for damages from an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
Better premiums on safer cars – Cars with high safety ratings get lower rates. Vehicles engineered for safety result in less severe injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and thus lower rates.
Too many insurance claims and you’ll pay more – Car insurance companies in Pennsylvania award most affordable rates to people who do not file claims often. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can definitely plan on much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Your car insurance is intended for larger claims.
What type of vehicle do you drive? – The performance level of the car, truck or SUV you need insurance for makes a big difference in your car insurance bill. Economy passenger models usually have the lowest rates, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
The following data uses these variables: single male driver age 20, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The data compares Lexus HS 250h insurance rates compared to other vehicles that have different performance rating factors.
Insurance agent or online?
A small number of people still prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is not a bad decision One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find lower rates and still choose a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your information gets sent to companies in Philadelphia who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to find an agent because prices are sent immediately to you. You’ll get the best rates AND a local agent. If you need to get a comparison quote from a specific car insurance provider, feel free to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Choosing the best insurer requires more thought than just the premium amount. The following questions are important to ask.
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Pennsylvania?
Two different types of auto insurance agents
When looking for a local Philadelphia insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies that you can choose from. Insurance agencies in Philadelphia can either be exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Agents that choose to be exclusive write business for a single company such as State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide other company’s prices so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agencies are well schooled on their products and sales techniques which aids in selling service over price. Some consumers prefer to buy insurance from these agents primarily because of the prominent brand name and strong financial ratings.
Listed below are exclusive agencies in Philadelphia that can give you comparison quotes.
- Mike Hickey – State Farm Insurance Agent
86 Bethlehem Pike – Philadelphia, PA 19118 – (215) 753-1501 – View Map
- Erica Bantom Martin – State Farm Insurance Agent
1124 S Broad St – Philadelphia, PA 19146 – (215) 875-8100 – View Map
- Kevin Lowber – State Farm Insurance Agent
1347 E Hunting Park Ave – Philadelphia, PA 19124 – (215) 533-9010 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel do not have single company limitations and that enables them to quote your coverage with an assortment of companies and find you cheaper rates. To move your coverage to a new company, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to find a new agent. If you need cheaper car insurance rates, you definitely need to compare quotes from at least one independent agent to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most have the option of insuring with companies that do not advertise much which can be an advantage.
Below are Philadelphia independent insurance agencies that are able to give price quotes.
- Philadelphia Insurance Companies
231 St Asaphs Rd #100 – Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004 – (610) 617-7900 – View Map
- Nigro Insurance Agency
35 Letitia St – Philadelphia, PA 19106 – (215) 278-9633 – View Map
- K and A Insurance Agency
5520 Wayne Ave – Philadelphia, PA 19144 – (215) 991-4900 – View Map
Car insurance just makes sense
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Lexus in Philadelphia, insuring your vehicle may not be optional for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Lexus HS 250h, almost every bank will make it mandatory that you buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your Lexus at an extremely high rate and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards both your Lexus and your personal assets. It will also cover medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your Lexus gets damaged, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having car insurance are definitely more than the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Today the average American driver overpays more than $750 every year so smart consumers compare quotes each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Affordable car insurance premiums are possible
As you shop your coverage around, never reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many instances, someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate and still be able to protect your assets.
In this article, we covered quite a bit of information on how to compare Lexus HS 250h insurance auto insurance rates in Philadelphia. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Philadelphia auto insurance, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from the smaller companies.
Lower-priced Lexus HS 250h insurance in Philadelphia is possible online in addition to many Philadelphia insurance agents, so you need to shop Philadelphia auto insurance with both to have the best selection. Some companies may not have online quoting and usually these smaller providers sell through independent insurance agents.
Additional detailed information can be read in these articles:
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Business Use in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Postal Workers in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 70 in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Philadelphia Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)