Think you have an under-performing, overpriced auto insurance policy? Don’t feel bad because you are not the only one feeling buyer’s remorse.
It’s an obvious conclusion that car insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. Insureds who shop around annually will probably switch companies because of the high probability of finding coverage at a more affordable price. A recent survey revealed that consumers who routinely shopped around saved as much as $72 a month compared to people who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the cheapest price for car insurance is the reason you’re here, then having a grasp of the best ways to shop for coverages can help make the process easier and more efficient.
With so many insurance providers from which to choose, it’s nearly impossible to pick the most cost effective auto insurance provider.
It’s a good habit to get comparison quotes once or twice a year due to the fact that insurance prices change frequently. If you had the lowest price on Dodge Magnum insurance in Philadelphia at your last renewal you may be paying too much now. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because you’re going to learn the only way to find lower rates on auto insurance.
Locating the best rates in Philadelphia is really not that difficult. If you are paying for car insurance now, you will be able to find the best rates using the ideas you’re about to read. But Pennsylvania consumers need to have an understanding of the methods companies use to calculate your auto insurance rates and use this information to your advantage.
Companies offering competitive Dodge Magnum rate quotes in Philadelphia, PA
The auto insurance companies shown below provide price quotes in Pennsylvania. If the list has multiple companies, it’s a good idea that you get rate quotes from several of them to get the lowest price.
Insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you may find discounts to reduce the price significantly. Some discounts apply automatically when you purchase, but once in a while a discount must be inquired about prior to receiving the credit.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for primary and secondary vehicles with one company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking part in a defensive driver course could save 5% or more and make you a better driver.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Fewer annual miles on your Dodge may allow you to get lower prices due to less chance of an accident.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles have a lower chance of being stolen and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Require your teen driver to complete a driver education course if offered at their school.
You can save money using discounts, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So even though you would think all those discounts means the company will pay you, it’s just not the way it works.
If you would like to see a list of insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Philadelphia, follow this link.
Seven Tips to Get Lower-cost Philadelphia Insurance Prices
When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand some of the factors that come into play when calculating your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that could result in lower rates.
The list below includes some of the most rate-impacting factors auto insurance companies consider when setting your prices.
- Marriage discount – Having a spouse can actually save you money when buying auto insurance. Having a significant other usually means you are less irresponsible and insurance companies like that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- Higher prices for specific jobs – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Careers such as military generals, social workers, and stock brokers generally have the highest average rates in part from job stress and long work hours. On the other hand, occupations like farmers, historians and the unemployed get better rates.
- Insurance is expensive for younger drivers – Young drivers in Pennsylvania are known to be more careless when driving therefore auto insurance rates are much higher. Adding a youthful driver onto a policy can break the bank. Older people are more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
- Use credit responsibly and save – Having a good credit score factor in determining premium rates. People that have high credit scores tend to be more responsible than drivers who have bad credit. So if your credit history can be improved, you may save money insuring your Dodge Magnum by repairing your credit.
- Incidental coverages are wasting money – There are a lot of additional extra coverages that can waste your money if you don’t pay attention. Things like vanishing deductibles, accident forgiveness, and Farm Bureau memberships are examples of these. They may seem good initially, but your needs may have changed so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Traffic violations can increase rates – Having a single ticket could increase your next policy renewal by as much as thirty percent. Good drivers tend to pay less for car insurance as compared to those with violations. Drivers unfortunate enough to have careless violations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence are required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state DMV in order to prevent a license revocation.
- The type of car, truck or SUV you drive affects your premiums – The performance of the car, truck or SUV you own makes a significant difference in how high your rates are. The lowest performance passenger cars receive the most favorable rates, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
Local neighborhood agents and auto insurance
Certain consumers prefer to buy from a local agent and often times that is recommended A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates and still choose a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Philadelphia that give free quotes for your business. You never need to contact an agency as quotes are delivered to you directly. You can most likely find cheaper rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you need to get a price quote from a specific company, you just need to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Finding a good insurer is decision based upon more than just the price. A good agent in Philadelphia will have answers to these questions.
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Philadelphia?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- What discounts might you be missing?
When looking for a reliable insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different agency structures and how they can service your needs differently. Insurance agencies in Philadelphia are considered either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can only place business with one company and examples are State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare other company’s rates so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agencies are trained well on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Below are exclusive agencies in Philadelphia who can help you get price quote information.
Jack Stabler – State Farm Insurance Agent
6726 Torresdale Ave – Philadelphia, PA 19135 – (215) 331-4300 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are not limited to a single company so they can quote policies with lots of companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they find a lower price, they simply switch companies in-house and you don’t have to do anything.
When shopping rates, we recommend you contact independent agents in order to compare the most rates.
Below are independent insurance agents in Philadelphia willing to provide comparison quotes.
After talking to the agent and getting good responses in addition to an acceptable price estimate, it’s possible that you found an auto insurance agent that is reliable enough to provide auto insurance coverage.
The lowest rates come from being thorough
Some insurance companies do not provide online quoting and these regional carriers sell through independent agents. Cheaper Dodge Magnum insurance in Philadelphia can be found on the web as well as from independent agents in Philadelphia, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture.
When searching for the cheapest Dodge Magnum rate quotes, you should never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many situations where an insured cut full coverage and discovered at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. Your focus should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Additional auto insurance information is available at these links:
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much is Philadelphia Auto Insurance for Teachers? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Traverse in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Highlander in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania? (FAQ)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)