Did budget coverage turn out to be overpriced Dodge Stratus insurance in Philadelphia? Don't sweat it because you're not alone.
A recent insurance study revealed that nearly 70% of customers have been with the same company for over three years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never even compared rates from other companies. Most drivers in Pennsylvania could cut their rates by about 55% a year by just comparing quotes, but they underestimate how much they could save if they switched to a cheaper policy. Having so many different company options, it is hard for the average consumer to locate a lower cost insurance provider.
Cheaper rates with these discounts on Dodge Stratus insurance in Philadelphia
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but there could be significant discounts that many consumers don't even know exist. Certain reductions will be credited when you quote, but occasionally some discounts must be inquired about before they will apply.
- Military Rewards - Having a family member in the military could mean lower rates.
- Good Student - Excelling in school could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- Discounts for Good Drivers - Insureds without accidents can save as much as half off their rates than drivers with accidents.
- Senior Citizen Rates - Drivers over the age of 55 may receive lower premium rates.
- Pay Now and Pay Less - If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying in monthly installments you could save up to 5%.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Insurance carriers who offer life insurance give lower premium rates if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Drive Less and Save - Maintaining low annual mileage may allow you to get substantially lower rates.
- Own a Home - Owning your own home or condo may earn you a small savings because owning a home requires personal responsibility.
Just know that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like it's possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies aren't that generous.
A few popular companies and the discounts they provide are detailed below.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for air bag, vehicle fuel type, bundle, good student, defensive driver, driver training, and anti-theft.
- American Family offers discounts including good student, Steer into Savings, multi-vehicle, air bags, mySafetyValet, TimeAway discount, and early bird.
- Progressive discounts include multi-vehicle, online signing, online quote discount, good student, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
- Travelers offers discounts for new car, student away at school, good student, save driver, driver training, multi-car, and continuous insurance.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for multi-car, distant student, alternative fuel, business and professional, pay in full, and teen driver.
- USAA has savings for loyalty savings, multi-policy, annual mileage, military installation, driver training, and safe driver.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for new graduate, newly married, new move discount, newly retired, new vehicle discount, preferred payment discount, and teen driver discount.
If you need affordable Philadelphia car insurance quotes, ask each company or agent how you can save money. Savings may not apply in Philadelphia. To see a list of companies that offer some of these discounts in Pennsylvania, follow this link.
Lowering your car insurance rates can be relatively painless. All you need to do is take a few minutes comparing rate quotes to find out which insurance company has low cost Philadelphia car insurance quotes.
Doing price comparisons online is so simple that it makes it obsolete to spend your day driving to insurance agents' offices. Quoting and buying Dodge Stratus insurance online eliminates this option unless your situation requires the trained guidance of a licensed agent. Although, it is possible get the lowest quotes online but buy from a local insurance agent.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Philadelphia, PA. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you get rate quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Insurance agencies can help
Many drivers just prefer to visit with an insurance agent and doing that can be a smart decision Licensed agents can help you build your policy and help submit paperwork. The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find cheap auto insurance quotes and still have a local agent.
By using this short form, your insurance data gets sent to insurance agents in Philadelphia that can give you free Philadelphia car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent to your email. If you need to compare rates for a specific company, you just need to visit that company's website and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right insurance company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. Below are some questions you should ask.
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- What is the agency's Better Business Bureau rating?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
When narrowing the list to find an insurance agent, there are two types of insurance agents and how they can write your policy. Auto insurance policy providers can be categorized as either independent or exclusive. Both types of agents can write auto insurance policies, but it's good to learn the subtle differences since it could factor into which agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents write business for a single company like State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. They generally cannot shop your coverage around so it's a take it or leave it situation. These agents are well trained on what they offer which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
The following are exclusive agents in Philadelphia willing to provide price quotes.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel are not employed by any specific company and that allows them to write policies through many companies and get you the best rates possible. If your premiums go up, they can switch companies in-house and you don't have to switch agencies.
When comparing rates, we recommend you include rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Listed below are independent agents in Philadelphia who can help you get price quote information.
Lower rates by being persistent
More affordable insurance in Philadelphia is possible both online in addition to many Philadelphia insurance agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who may not offer online price quotes and many times these smaller providers only sell through local independent agencies.
We just covered many tips how you can compare Dodge Stratus insurance prices in Philadelphia. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with the smaller companies. Smaller companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it's not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed collision coverage and found out when filing a claim they didn't purchase enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest cost, not the least amount of coverage.
For more information, feel free to browse these articles:
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- How Much is Philadelphia Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 50? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Journey in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)