Locating budget-priced Philadelphia Mazda RX-8 insurance quotes might appear problematic for people that are relatively new to comparing and buying car insurance online. Since there are so many companies, how can anyone efficiently compare every one to find the cheapest rates?
It’s shocking but most car insurance customers have bought car insurance from the same company for more than four years, and practically 40% of car insurance customers have never shopped around. Drivers in Pennsylvania could save almost 55% each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just feel it’s too hard to compare rate quotes online.
You should take the time to compare prices before your next renewal because car insurance prices fluctuate regularly. Even if you think you had the lowest price on Mazda RX-8 insurance in Philadelphia at your last renewal a different company probably has better rates today. You can find a lot of wrong information about RX-8 insurance out there, but by reading this article, you’re going to learn some great ideas on how to reduce your car insurance bill.
If you have insurance now, you will definitely be able to save money using the techniques covered below. These techniques will help you learn how to get online quotes and some tricks to saving. Nevertheless, Pennsylvania drivers do need to know the way companies market on the web because rates are impacted by many factors.
There are several ways of comparing rates from local Philadelphia car insurance companies. The simplest method to find the lowest Mazda RX-8 rates consists of obtaining rate quotes online. Just remember that comparing more rates from different companies helps increase your odds of locating more affordable rates.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Philadelphia, PA. If more than one company is shown, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Auto insurance rates and discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you might already qualify for some discounts to reduce the price significantly. Certain reductions will be credited at the time you complete a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be specifically requested in order for you to get them.
- Clubs and Organizations – Participating in a civic or occupational organization in Philadelphia may earn a discount on your bill.
- Low Miles Discount – Keeping the miles down on your Mazda can qualify you for discounted auto insurance rates on garaged vehicles.
- Telematics Discount – People who choose to allow their auto insurance company to monitor driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot may get a rate reduction if they are good drivers.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some companies give lower auto insurance rates if you buy a life policy as well.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you may save up to 20% off your total RX-8 insurance premium.
- No Claims – Good drivers with no accidents can earn big discounts when compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Resident Student – Kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Philadelphia and do not have access to a covered vehicle could qualify for this discount.
Please keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. If you do the math and it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you’re out of luck.
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Mazda RX-8 insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The rates are based on a female driver, no claims or violations, Pennsylvania state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, marriage, multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Auto insurance companies that possibly offer most of the discounts above may include but are not limited to:
It’s a good idea to ask all companies you are considering how many discounts you can get. Savings might not apply in your state. To choose companies who offer auto insurance discounts in Philadelphia, click this link.
Facts and figures for Mazda RX-8 insurance
The premium information shown next covers different prices for Mazda RX-8 models. Having insight into how insurance policy premiums are determined is important for drivers to make decisions on the best policy to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|RX-8 Sport 4-Dr Coupe||$288||$502||$444||$26||$134||$1,394||$116|
|RX-8 Grand Touring 4-Dr Coupe||$288||$576||$444||$26||$134||$1,468||$122|
|RX-8 R3 4-Dr Coupe||$288||$576||$444||$26||$134||$1,468||$122|
|Get Your Own Customized Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Pennsylvania minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and homeowner. Premium costs do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can affect coverage rates substantially.
The diagram below highlights how deductible selection and can increase or decrease Mazda RX-8 insurance costs for each different age group. The rate quotes are based on a married male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Mazda RX-8 full coverage rates compared to liability only
The information below shows the comparison of Mazda RX-8 insurance prices with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The rates are based on no claims, a clean driving record, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are factored in.
When to stop buying comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no definitive formula to stop buying comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than about 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Mazda RX-8 replacement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $2,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If premiums are more than $200 a year for physical damage coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some conditions where only buying liability is not financially feasible. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not eliminate full coverage.
When to have guidance from an insurance agency
Some people just prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is a personal choice. One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates and still have a local agent.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is transmitted to participating agents in Philadelphia who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to search for an agent since price quotes are sent to you instantly. You can most likely find cheaper rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you wish to get a rate quote from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
Selecting an insurance company requires more thought than just a cheap price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
Listed below are Philadelphia auto insurance companies that may be willing to give rate quotes for Mazda RX-8 insurance in Philadelphia.
- Accu Insurance Agency
7010 Elmwood Ave – Philadelphia, PA 19142 – (215) 726-0270 – View Map
- Les Moore – State Farm Insurance Agent
6750 N 5th St – Philadelphia, PA 19126 – (215) 224-4400 – View Map
- Philadelphia Insurance Companies
231 St Asaphs Rd #100 – Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004 – (610) 617-7900 – View Map
- Rexach Insurance Agency
2932 N 5th St – Philadelphia, PA 19133 – (215) 229-6320 – View Map
What is the best car insurance coverage?
When it comes to a policy for your vehicles, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Every situation is different and your car insurance should unique, too.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining whether you will benefit from professional help.
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
- Are there any extra discounts I can get?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Does every company file a SR-22 automatically?
- Are rock-chip repairs free?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Rates
When buying insurance it’s important to understand some of the things that aid in calculating your premiums. If you understand what determines base rates, this allows you to make good choices that will entitle you to lower rates.
Accidents can increase premiums – A bad driving record can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Even one speeding ticket may increase your cost forty percent or more. Good drivers have lower premiums than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers who have gotten severe violations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may find they need to maintain a SR-22 with their state in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
The diagram below highlights how traffic violations and accidents influence Mazda RX-8 yearly insurance costs for each different age group. The premiums assume a married male driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
- Know your vehicle’s IIHS safety rating – Safe vehicles tend to have better insurance rates. Safer cars result in less severe injuries and fewer serious injuries translates into savings for insurance companies which can result in lower premiums.
- Bundle policies with the same company – The majority of insurers give lower prices to buyers that purchase more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s still a good idea to compare other Philadelphia RX-8 insurance rates to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- Put fewer miles on your vehicle – Driving more miles in a year’s time the higher your rate. Many insurance companies charge rates determined by how the vehicle is used. Autos that sit idle most of the time receive lower rates than cars that get driven a lot. Double check that your vehicle rating correctly shows the correct usage, because it can save money. Incorrect rating for your RX-8 can result in significantly higher rates.
- Insurance policy lapses increase insurance rates – Having a gap between insurance policy dates will be a guaranteed way to increase your insurance rates. And not only will your rates increase, getting caught without coverage might get you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
Premiums also based on gender – Statistics have proven that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. It does not mean females are better at driving than males. Both genders are responsible for fender benders in similar percentages, but guys cause more damage. In addition to higher claims, males also get more serious tickets like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Young men ages 16 to 20 are the most expensive to insure and therefore pay the highest rates.
The example below illustrates the comparison of Mazda RX-8 insurance costs for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no claims or driving citations, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
- Certain occupations raise premiums – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Jobs such as lawyers, air traffic controllers, and stock brokers have higher premiums than the average policyholder due to high stress and lots of time spent at work. On the other hand, careers like farmers, engineers and retirees generally pay rates lower than average.
- Save money by eliminating extra policy coverages – There are a ton of extra bells and whistles that you can buy on your insurance policy. Add-on coverages like replacement cost coverage, accident forgiveness, and extra equipment coverage could be just wasting money. These may sound like a good investment when buying your policy, but if you have no use for them think about removing them and cutting costs.
Car insurance does more than just repair your car
Even though Philadelphia RX-8 insurance rates can get expensive, car insurance is required in Pennsylvania but it also protects you in many ways.
First, the majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your Mazda RX-8, almost every bank will make it a condition of the loan that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Mazda at a more expensive rate and force you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
Third, insurance safeguards not only your Mazda but also your assets. Insurance will pay for medical bills for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially if you ever need it. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is wasting up to $700 annually so it’s recommended you shop around once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
Lower rates by being persistent
In this article, we covered quite a bit of information on how to reduce Mazda RX-8 insurance car insurance rates online in Philadelphia. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from the least-expected company. These companies may have significantly lower premium rates on certain market segments as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s very important that you do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are too many instances where an insured dropped liability coverage limits only to discover later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your aim should be to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
More tips and info about auto insurance can be read in these articles:
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Business Use in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Philadelphia Car Insurance for a Learners Permit? (FAQ)
- How Much are Philadelphia Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Escape? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Philadelphia Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Edge? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Jeep Wrangler in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Philadelphia Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Rogue in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)