Are you regretting buying overpriced Mercury Marauder insurance in Philadelphia? Believe me, many Philadelphia consumers are in the same pinch.
Anyone knows that insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Consumers who shop around annually will, in all likelihood, move their business because there is a significant possibility of finding discount prices. A survey found that consumers who routinely shopped around saved as much as $860 a year compared to people who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the best price on car insurance is the reason for your visit, then having some insight into the best ways to find and compare coverages can save time and money.
Many insurers compete for your insurance dollar, so it’s not easy to compare every insurer to get the best rates possible on Mercury Marauder insurance in Philadelphia.
Cheapest companies for Mercury Marauder insurance in Pennsylvania
The auto insurance companies shown below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Philadelphia, PA. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Get cheaper rates with discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that you may not even know about. A few discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but some discounts are required to be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you could be getting lower rates.
- Student Discounts – Getting good grades could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
- Renewal Discounts – A few car insurance companies offer discounts for buying a new policy prior to the expiration date on your current Marauder insurance policy. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices have a lower chance of being stolen and will qualify for a discount on a Philadelphia car insurance quote.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company you will save nearly 15% which can help you find low cost Mercury Marauder insurance.
- Senior Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you can possibly qualify for reduced rates.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver take driver’s ed class as it can save substantially.
- Active Military Service – Being deployed with a military unit could mean lower premium rates.
- No Accidents – Insureds with no claims or accidents can save substantially when compared to drivers with a long claim history.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though you would think it’s possible to get free car insurance, you won’t be that lucky.
For a list of insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Philadelphia, follow this link.
Cut Insurance Costs with These Tips
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning some of the elements that aid in calculating car insurance rates. If you know what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make good choices that can help you get better car insurance rates.
Incidental coverages that may not be needed – There are many optional add-on coverages you can purchase on your Marauder policy. Coverage for things like vanishing deductibles, accidental death, and extra life insurance coverage are examples of these. These coverages may sound good when buying your policy, but your needs may have changed so remove them from your policy.
Premiums are lower the older you get – More mature drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, cost insurance companies less in claims, and are generally more financially stable. Young drivers have a tendency to be easily distracted when at the wheel of a vehicle so car insurance rates are higher.
Safer cars cost less to insure – Safe vehicles tend to be cheaper to insure. These vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and reduced instances of injuries means less money paid by your insurance company passed on to you as lower rates. If your Mercury Marauder has at least four stars on Safercar.gov you may qualify for a discount.
Vehicle options can affect car insurance rates – Choosing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Advanced theft deterrents like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems help track and prevent car theft and help bring rates down.
Keep claims to a minimum – Auto insurance companies in Pennsylvania provide better rates to insureds who do not file claims often. If you file a lot of claims you can look forward to either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Insurance coverage is designed for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Big city or small town – Being located in small towns and rural areas has definite advantages when talking about car insurance. People who live in big cities regularly have traffic congestion and higher rates of accident claims. Less people means a lower chance of having an accident as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
Are women or men drivers cheaper? – Statistics have proven that females take fewer risks when driving. The data does not necessarily mean that females are better at driving than males. Females and males get in auto accidents at about the same rate, but the males have accidents that have higher claims. Men also statistically get more serious tickets such as DWI and reckless driving. Teenage male drivers cause the most accidents so they pay the highest premiums.
Buying from auto insurance agents
Some consumers would prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is not a bad decision A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you can get better rates and still buy from a local agent.
After filling out this simple form, your insurance data gets sent to local insurance agents that can give you free Philadelphia car insurance quotes to get your business. You won’t need to search for an agent because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. You’ll get the best rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific insurance company, you just need to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Choosing a insurer should include more criteria than just the quoted price. Any agent in Philadelphia should be willing to answer these questions.
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Philadelphia?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- When do they do policy reviews?
The difference between Philadelphia car insurance agents
When narrowing the list to find a reliable agent, it’s helpful to know the different agency structures and how they function. Insurance agencies in Philadelphia are classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents work for only one company like Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. They usually cannot compare rates from other companies so always compare other rates. They are highly trained on their products and sales techniques which aids in selling service over price.
Below are exclusive agents in Philadelphia willing to provide comparison quotes.
Independent agents do not write with just one company so they can quote policies amongst many companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, an independent agent can move your coverage which makes it simple for you.
When comparing rate quotes, you will want to check rates from a couple of independent agencies to have the most options to choose from.
Shown below are Philadelphia independent agents that can give you comparison quotes.
Get the best coverage at the best price
We’ve covered a lot of information how to get a better price on Mercury Marauder insurance in Philadelphia. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with the smaller companies. Some small companies may only write in your state and offer lower premium rates than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
Lower-priced auto insurance in Philadelphia can be purchased from both online companies and from local agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best selection. A few companies may not have internet price quotes and these smaller providers work with independent agents.
To learn more, feel free to browse the resources below:
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Philadelphia Auto Insurance Rates for Ride Shares? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Philadelphia Auto Insurance Rates After a Speeding Ticket? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Homeowners in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)