Has it been a year or more since you last compared quotes for the cheapest auto insurance rates in Philadelphia, PA? Philadelphia consumers have many options when looking for low-cost Ford GT insurance. You can either spend your time struggling with agents trying to get quotes or utilize the internet to find the lowest rates.
There is a right way and a wrong way to find auto insurance online so you're going to learn the best way to get price quotes for your Ford and obtain the lowest possible price.
It's a good idea to compare rates before your policy renews since insurance prices change regularly. Just because you found the lowest quotes on Ford GT insurance in Philadelphia at your last renewal you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because we're going to show you the things you must know in order to save on auto insurance.
How to get Philadelphia Ford GT insurance quotes
Getting more affordable auto insurance pricing is not rocket science. The only requirement is to spend a few minutes on the computer to get quotes provided by online insurance companies.
The following companies are ready to provide comparison quotes in Philadelphia, PA. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
You may qualify for discounts for Ford GT insurance in Philadelphia
Car insurance can cost a lot, but there may be some discounts that can help lower your rates. Certain reductions will be credited at the time you complete a quote, but a few need to be inquired about before you get the savings.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers - Drivers without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Philadelphia auto insurance quote than drivers with accident claims.
- Air Bag Discount - Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts could see savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- First Accident Forgiveness - Not necessarily a discount, but some companies like State Farm and Progressive may permit one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if your claims history is clear for a certain period of time.
- Theft Deterrent Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems help deter theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Telematics Data - Drivers who elect to allow their company to scrutinize driving habits by using a telematic data system such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate's Drivewise system might see lower rates as long as they are good drivers.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like you could get a free auto insurance policy, you won't be that lucky.
Popular auto insurance companies and the discounts they provide can be read below.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online signing, homeowner, and online quote discount.
- AAA offers discounts for good student, education and occupation, good driver, multi-car, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for alternative fuel, multi-car, distant student, teen driver, and pay in full.
- GEICO may offer discounts for military active duty, daytime running lights, federal employee, anti-lock brakes, multi-vehicle, driver training, and five-year accident-free.
- Esurance discounts include defensive driver, claim free, Switch & Save, emergency road assistance, and good student.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for bundle discounts, homeowner, accident prevention training, drive less, and teen safety rewards.
- State Farm may include discounts for Drive Safe & Save, accident-free, Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, defensive driving training, and anti-theft.
When comparing rates, check with every company how many discounts you can get. A few discounts may not apply to policyholders in Philadelphia. To view providers who offer auto insurance discounts in Philadelphia, follow this link.
When to contact a local insurance agent
Certain consumers still like to visit with an insurance agent and that is a smart decision Good agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help submit paperwork. One of the best bonuses of comparing car insurance online is that drivers can save money and get cheaper rates and also buy local. Buying insurance from local insurance agents is important particularly in Philadelphia.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your insurance coverage information is sent to local insurance agents that can give you free Philadelphia auto insurance quotes for your car insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to search for any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered to you directly. If you need to get a price quote from one company in particular, you can always go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Picking an provider needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Pennsylvania?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
If you get satisfactory answers for all questions you ask as well as cheaper GT insurance quotes, chances are good that you have found an provider that can adequately provide car insurance.
What is the best car insurance coverage?
Always remember that when buying adequate coverage, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Every situation is different.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining whether you may require specific advice.
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor's mailbox?
- If my car is totaled with they pay enough to replace it?
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- What happens if I owe more than my Ford GT is worth?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
If it's difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Auto insurance 101
Understanding the coverages of insurance can be of help when determining which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. Insurance terms can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Medical expense insurance - Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for expenses for nursing services, dental work and hospital visits. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive (Other than Collision) - Comprehensive insurance covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as a broken windshield, hitting a deer, hitting a bird, fire damage and falling objects. The maximum amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle's value it's probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Collision - Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your GT resulting from a collision with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against claims like rolling your car, driving through your garage door, sideswiping another vehicle, hitting a mailbox and crashing into a ditch. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. It's also possible to increase the deductible on your GT to get cheaper collision coverage.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers - This protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Ford GT.
Due to the fact that many Pennsylvania drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (15/30/5 in Pennsylvania), their limits can quickly be used up. That's why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family. Normally your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are set the same as your liability limits.
Liability car insurance - This can cover injuries or damage you cause to other people or property that is your fault. It protects you from claims by other people. Liability doesn't cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have values of 15/30/5 that means you have a $15,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $5,000. Another option is one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which limits claims to one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as legal defense fees, structural damage, loss of income and court costs. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but buy as high a limit as you can afford. Pennsylvania requires drivers to carry at least 15/30/5 but you should think about purchasing more liability than the minimum.
The next chart demonstrates why minimum state limits may not provide you with enough coverage.
More effort can pay off
Cheaper insurance in Philadelphia is available both online and with local Philadelphia insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies may not offer internet price quotes and many times these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies.
We just presented many ways to reduce Ford GT insurance rates online in Philadelphia. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting affordable Ford GT insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from some of the lesser-known companies.
When buying insurance coverage, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. Too many times, an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The proper strategy is to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price, but do not skimp to save money.
Additional detailed information is available by following these links:
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Philadelphia Auto Insurance for First-time Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Philadelphia Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 21? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Safe Drivers in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Journey in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Honda Accord in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)