Want to learn how to buy low-cost Ford Mustang insurance in Philadelphia? Paying for pricey Ford Mustang insurance in Philadelphia can stress out your accounts, especially in this economy. Getting a rate comparison can lower your rates and help to tighten up your finances.
We don't have to tell you that car insurance companies don't want you shop around. Insureds who shop for lower rates will, in all likelihood, switch companies because of the high probability of finding a cheaper policy. A recent survey discovered that people who compared price quotes annually saved $865 annually compared to those who don't regularly compare prices.
If finding budget-friendly rates on car insurance in Philadelphia is your intention, learning how to get free comparison quotes and analyze insurance rates can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
You have multiple auto insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and although it's a good thing to have a selection, lots of choices makes it harder to compare rates and cut insurance costs.
It's a good idea to get comparison quotes before your next renewal because insurance prices go up and down regularly. Even if you got the lowest rates on Ford Mustang insurance in Philadelphia a few years ago a different company probably has better rate quotes today. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because we're going to demonstrate one of the easiest ways to find better coverage on Ford Mustang insurance in Philadelphia at a better price.
This article will help educate you on how to effectively get price quotes and some money-saving tips. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will surely be able to get lower rates using the concepts you're about to learn. Nevertheless, Pennsylvania drivers must comprehend the way insurance companies price online insurance because rates fluctuate considerably.
Where can I get low cost Philadelphia Ford Mustang insurance?
When price shopping your coverage, comparing more quotes increases the chance that you will find more affordable rates. Some companies don't provide rate quotes online, so you should also compare price estimates from those companies as well.
The following companies provide price quotes in Pennsylvania. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Protect your Ford Mustang and other assets
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Philadelphia, maintaining insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Mustang, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you have full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If the policy lapses, the lender may insure your Ford at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. It will also cover medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially if you ever need it. According to a recent study, the average American driver is overpaying more than $865 each year so shop around each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Premium rates and analysis
The data table below covers different coverage costs for Ford Mustang models. Understanding more about how insurance policy rates are established can help guide drivers when making smart buying decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Mustang 2-Dr Convertible||$162||$346||$316||$18||$94||$936||$78|
|Mustang 2-Dr Coupe||$162||$346||$396||$24||$118||$1,046||$87|
|Mustang GT 2-Dr Convertible||$182||$398||$316||$18||$94||$1,008||$84|
|Mustang GT 2-Dr Coupe||$182||$398||$396||$24||$118||$1,118||$93|
|Mustang Shelby GT500 2-Dr Convertible||$202||$504||$316||$18||$94||$1,134||$95|
|Mustang Shelby GT500 2-Dr Coupe||$224||$556||$396||$24||$118||$1,318||$110|
|Get Your Own Customized Quote Go|
Data variables include married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Pennsylvania minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, and safe-driver. Rate quotes do not factor in specific location information which can change coverage rates significantly.
The information below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can raise or lower Ford Mustang yearly insurance costs for different insured age categories. The premium estimates are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied.
Ford Mustang insurance rates: Men versus women
The information below shows the comparison of Ford Mustang insurance premiums for male and female drivers. Data assumes no accidents or driving violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are factored in.
Auto insurance discounts are available for cheaper rates
Auto insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you may qualify for discounts to reduce the price significantly. Most are applied when you purchase, but once in a while a discount must be specifically requested before being credited.
- Early Payment Discounts - By making one initial payment rather than paying in monthly installments you can avoid the installment charge.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts - Cars and trucks with anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Safe Driver Discount - Drivers who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than their less cautious counterparts.
- Bundle and Save - If you combine your home and auto policies with the same insurance company you could get a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Data Collection Discounts - Drivers who elect to allow their auto insurance company to study when and where they use their vehicle by installing a telematics device like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm might see lower rates if their driving habits are good.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Buying insurance for multiple vehicles with one company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Life Insurance - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn better rates if you take out a life policy as well.
- Passive Restraints - Cars that have air bags may earn rate discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Drivers Ed for Students - Require your teen driver to participate in a local driver's education class in school.
- Professional Organizations - Participating in a civic or occupational organization in Philadelphia may earn a discount on your next renewal.
As a footnote on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though you would think it's possible to get free car insurance, you won't be that lucky.
The example below illustrates the difference between Ford Mustang car insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The data assumes a female driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Pennsylvania state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-car, safe-driver, and homeowner discounts applied.
A few popular companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are included below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, driver's education, defensive driving training, anti-theft, and passive restraint.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, multi-policy, good student, driver training, and daytime running lights.
- Allstate may include discounts for safe driver, premier discount, 55 and retired, economy car, anti-theft, and auto/life discount.
- SAFECO has discounts for safe driver, anti-lock brakes, accident prevention training, bundle discounts, and homeowner.
- Farm Bureau may have discounts that include good student, driver training, renewal discount, safe driver, 55 and retired, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- Progressive offers discounts including online signing, good student, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, and online quote discount.
- AAA has savings for good student, good driver, education and occupation, multi-car, pay-in-full, and anti-theft.
Before buying, ask all companies you are considering how many discounts you can get. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policyholders in your area. If you would like to view insurers with significant discounts in Pennsylvania, follow this link.
You may need help from an insurance agent
Many drivers would prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is just fine! One of the benefits of comparing rates online is that you can find the best rates but also keep your business local. And supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in Philadelphia.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to agents in your area that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You don't have to find an agent because quoted prices will be sent directly to you. You'll get the best rates and work with a local agent. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you can always find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you need to find a reliable insurance agency, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance policy providers are categorized either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent are not required to write business for one company so they can write business with multiple insurance companies and find you the best rates. If they find a cheaper price, an independent agent can move your coverage without you having to go to a different agency.
If you are comparing insurance prices, you absolutely need to compare quotes from multiple independent agents for maximum quote selection.
The following is a list of independent insurance agents in Philadelphia that can possibly get you free insurance quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only place business with one company such as State Farm or Allstate. These agents are unable to provide other company's prices so it's a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive insurance agents are trained well on sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Philadelphia willing to provide comparison quotes.
George Kweder - State Farm Insurance Agent
1521 W Oregon Ave - Philadelphia, PA 19145 - (215) 467-1837 - View Map
Deciding on an auto insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Will they give you a referral list?
After talking to the agent and getting acceptable answers to your questions and locked in a price quote, you may have found an insurance agent that can insure your vehicles.
Will just any policy work for me?
When it comes to your policy, there isn't really a cookie cutter policy. Everyone's situation is unique and your insurance should be unique as well. For instance, these questions can help discover if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Should I rate my Ford Mustang as pleasure use or commute?
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Ford Mustang?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you don't have a local agent, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
In the end, you can save money
While you're price shopping online, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are a lot of situations where an insured cut full coverage only to discover later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The aim is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
You just read many ideas to save on Ford Mustang insurance in Philadelphia. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the lowest rates come from the least-expected company. They can often provide lower car insurance rates in certain areas compared to the large companies like Allstate and Progressive.
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Ford F-150 in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Ram in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Rogue in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Philadelphia Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford Fusion? (FAQ)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)