Do you want an efficient way to compare cheaper auto insurance rates in Philadelphia, PA? Philadelphia drivers have lots of choices when trying to find the lowest priced Honda S2000 insurance. They can either waste time calling around to compare prices or save time using the internet to make rate comparisons. There is a right way and a wrong way to find auto insurance online and you need to know the proper way to quote coverages for a new or used Honda and locate the best price possible.
You should take the time to get comparison quotes at least once a year because auto insurance rates tend to go up over time. Just because you found the best premium rates on Honda S2000 insurance in Philadelphia last year other companies may now be cheaper. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because we’re going to show you one of the quickest ways to save on auto insurance.
Lower rate quotes with discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there could be available discounts to reduce the price significantly. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at quote time, but a few need to be specially asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying a new car model can be considerably cheaper because new model year vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Accident Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents can save substantially when compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down on your Honda may enable drivers to earn slightly better premium rates than normal.
- Club Memberships – Having an affiliation with a professional or civic organization is a good way to get lower rates on your policy.
- Student Driver Training – Teen drivers should enroll in driver’s education if offered at their school.
- No Charge for an Accident – This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like State Farm and GEICO will let one accident slide without raising rates if you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Simply owning a home may trigger a policy discount on car insurance because maintaining a house is proof of financial responsibility.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Having worked for a branch of the government can save as much as 8% with a few car insurance companies.
- Early Switch Discount – A few larger companies offer discounts for switching to them prior to the expiration date on your current S2000 insurance policy. It could save around 10% when you buy Philadelphia car insurance online.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts could see savings up to 30%.
You should keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Most cut specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Insurance companies that may include most of the discounts above include:
If you need lower rates, check with every insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply in Philadelphia. If you would like to see a list of companies that offer many of these discounts in Pennsylvania, click this link.
The companies in the list below offer free quotes in Pennsylvania. If the list has multiple companies, it’s a good idea that you get rate quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Do I just need basic coverages?
When quoting and choosing proper insurance coverage, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Every insured’s situation is different.
These are some specific questions may help you determine if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Can I use my car for my catering business?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- Should I pay a claim out-of-pocket?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
When to contact a local insurance agent
Some people still like to buy from a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Experienced insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and will help you if you have claims. An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get the best rates and still have a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your information is transmitted to insurance agents in Philadelphia who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent to your email. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a specific company, you can always go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Selecting an insurer needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Is the agent properly licensed in Pennsylvania?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- How long have they been in business?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from a local insurance agency, you should know the different types of agents that you can select. Car insurance agents can either be independent agents or exclusive agents. Both insure your vehicles properly, but it is important to understand the subtle differences because it can influence your agent selection.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They are unable to place coverage with different providers so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive insurance agents are usually quite knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. A lot of people use the same exclusive agent mainly due to loyalty to the company rather than low rates.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agents in Philadelphia that can give you price quote information.
- Pamela R Wilkins – State Farm Insurance Agent
8912 Frankford Ave – Philadelphia, PA 19136 – (215) 331-4500 – View Map
- Brian Madalion – State Farm Insurance Agent
7208 Ogontz Ave – Philadelphia, PA 19138 – (215) 549-4900 – View Map
- State Farm: Brian Cover
7005 Bustleton Ave – Philadelphia, PA 19149 – (215) 332-9000 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents are not required to write business for one company so as a result can place your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, your agent can switch companies and you won’t have to switch agencies. When comparing car insurance prices, we recommend you check rates from independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. Most also write with lesser-known insurance companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Shown below are Philadelphia independent agents that are able to give rate quotes.
- Terra Insurance Services
1879 Cottman Ave – Philadelphia, PA 19111 – (215) 742-3743 – View Map
- Pa Auto Insurance Outlet
4901 Frankford Ave – Philadelphia, PA 19124 – (215) 827-0800 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Ferullo Insurance Agencies LLC
1636 S Front St – Philadelphia, PA 19148 – (215) 468-4116 – View Map
If you feel you receive answers to your satisfaction as well as a price you’re happy with, it’s possible that you found a car insurance agent that can properly service your car insurance policy.
Cover all your bases
Drivers who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as policy non-renewal, being labeled a high risk driver, not issuing a premium refund or delays in responding to claim requests. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a new car insurance company is not as hard as you think.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s a bad idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. Too many times, drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage and learned later that they should have had better coverage. The proper strategy is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
Cheaper car insurance in Philadelphia is attainable on the web and also from your neighborhood Philadelphia agents, so you need to quote Philadelphia car insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies don’t offer online price quotes and these small, regional companies work with independent agents.
For more information, take a look at the following helpful articles:
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Philadelphia Car Insurance for a Nissan Versa? (FAQ)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)