Being forced to pay for overpriced auto insurance premiums can empty your family's budget and force you to prioritize other expenses. Comparing cost estimates is a smart way to make sure you're not throwing money away.
A study showed that most consumers kept buying from the same company for four years or more, and 38% of customers have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. Many drivers in Philadelphia could save almost 55% a year, but they feel it's too difficult to compare rate quotes. Companies like State Farm, Allstate, GEICO and Progressive all claim big savings, bombarding you with ads and consumers find it hard to not get sucked in by the cute commercials and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
You need to check auto insurance prices once or twice a year since insurance rates change regularly. Just because you had the lowest premium rates on Mazda Tribute insurance in Philadelphia a couple years back other companies may now be cheaper. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because I'm going to teach you the proper way to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
How to find cheap Mazda Tribute insurance in Philadelphia, PA
The companies in the list below offer price quotes in Philadelphia, PA. If several companies are displayed, it's a good idea that you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Get discounts on Philadelphia car insurance
Auto insurance companies don't always publicize the complete list of policy discounts very well, so we researched some of the more common and the more hidden credits available to you.
- Employee of Federal Government - Being employed by or retired from a federal job may qualify for a discount when you quote Philadelphia car insurance with select insurance companies.
- Professional Memberships - Joining a qualifying organization is a simple method to lower premiums on your bill.
- Data Collection Discounts - Insureds who allow driving data submission to scrutinize when and where they use their vehicle by using a small device installed in their vehicle like Allstate's Drivewise could see a rate decrease as long as they are good drivers.
- Use Seat Belts - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save a little off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Braking Control Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS braking systems or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Claim Free - Good drivers with no accidents can save substantially as opposed to drivers who are more careless.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Vehicles optioned with advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Philadelphia car insurance quote.
- Defensive Driver Discounts - Taking a defensive driving course could cut 5% off your bill and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Switch and Save Discount - A few larger companies allow discounts for switching companies prior to your current Tribute insurance policy expiring. You may see this discount when you get Philadelphia car insurance quotes online.
- Own a Home and Save - Owning a house in Philadelphia may earn you a small savings since home ownership is proof that your finances are in order.
One thing to note about discounts is that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think it's possible to get free car insurance, you aren't that lucky.
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Mazda Tribute insurance premiums with and without discounts applied. The premiums assume a female driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Pennsylvania state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, homeowner, safe-driver, marriage, claim-free, and multi-policy discounts applied.
A list of companies and some of their more popular discounts include:
- Travelers may offer discounts for multi-car, continuous insurance, payment discounts, student away at school, and multi-policy.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driver, teen driver, automatic seat belts, anti-lock brakes, theft prevention, and air bags.
- State Farm may include discounts for Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, multiple autos, anti-theft, and accident-free.
- GEICO includes discounts for seat belt use, anti-lock brakes, military active duty, driver training, and multi-vehicle.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for multi-car, bundle discounts, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, and teen safety rewards.
- AAA discounts include good student, good driver, multi-policy, education and occupation, and multi-car.
Before you buy a policy, ask every prospective company how you can save money. Savings might not be offered on policies in every state. To find companies with discount rates in Pennsylvania, follow this link.
Rates and other information
The coverage table displayed below covers estimates of insurance premium costs for Mazda Tribute models. Learning how car insurance prices are established can benefit drivers when making decisions when choosing a new policy provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Tribute I Sport 2WD||$190||$424||$264||$16||$78||$972||$81|
|Tribute I Sport 4WD||$190||$424||$264||$16||$78||$972||$81|
|Tribute I Touring 2WD||$190||$424||$264||$16||$78||$972||$81|
|Tribute I Grand Touring 2WD||$218||$424||$264||$16||$78||$1,000||$83|
|Tribute I Touring 4WD||$218||$424||$264||$16||$78||$1,000||$83|
|Tribute I Grand Touring 4WD||$218||$500||$264||$16||$78||$1,076||$90|
|Tribute S Grand Touring 2WD||$218||$500||$264||$16||$78||$1,076||$90|
|Tribute S Grand Touring 4WD||$218||$500||$264||$16||$78||$1,076||$90|
|Get Your Own Customized Quote Go|
Table data assumes married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Pennsylvania minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and safe-driver. Prices do not factor in specific garaging location which can revise price quotes noticeably.
The chart below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can impact Mazda Tribute premium costs for each different age group. The information is based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Drive responsibly or pay higher rates
The information below illustrates how violations and fender-benders influence Mazda Tribute insurance premiums for different insured age categories. The premiums assume a single female driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Local insurance agents
Some consumers still like to talk to a local agent and that is OK! Licensed agents are very good at helping people manage risk and will help you if you have claims. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get lower rates but still work with a licensed agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, the coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents in Philadelphia who will return price quotes for your business. There is no need to find an agent on your own since price quotes are sent to your email. If you need to get a price quote from a specific company, just find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Choosing a company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. The following questions are important to ask.
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Philadelphia?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Will one accident increase rates?
If you are searching for an insurance agent, it's important to understand the different agency structures to choose from. Insurance policy providers are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either type can insure your vehicles properly, but it's worth mentioning why they differ since it may influence your selection of an agent.
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only write with one company and examples are American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company's rates so it's a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are well schooled on their company's products which helps them compete with independent agents.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Philadelphia that are able to give price quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel often have many company appointments so they can insure your vehicles through many different insurance companies and find you the best rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move the coverage in-house and you can keep the same agent.
If you need cheaper insurance rates, you need to get insurance quotes from multiple independent agents to maximize your price options.
Shown below is a short list of independent agencies in Philadelphia willing to provide comparison quotes.
Rexach Insurance Agency
2932 N 5th St - Philadelphia, PA 19133 - (215) 229-6320 - View Map
If you get acceptable answers for all questions you ask as well as cheap Tribute insurance quotes, you may have just found an insurance agency that will properly service your insurance policy.
Auto insurance coverage options for a Mazda Tribute
Having a good grasp of your auto insurance policy aids in choosing the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring. These are the normal coverages offered by auto insurance companies.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
This protects you and your vehicle's occupants when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle's occupants and also any damage incurred to your Mazda Tribute.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law (Pennsylvania limits are 15/30/5), it doesn't take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family.
Liability car insurance
Liability insurance protects you from damage or injury you incur to people or other property. It protects you against other people's claims. Liability doesn't cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show limits of 15/30/5 which stand for $15,000 in coverage for each person's injuries, a total of $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability can pay for things like repair bills for other people's vehicles, structural damage, legal defense fees, court costs and bail bonds. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as much as you can afford. Pennsylvania requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/5 but it's recommended drivers buy more coverage.
The next chart shows why buying low liability limits may not be adequate.
Auto collision coverage
Collision coverage pays for damage to your Tribute from colliding with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for claims such as backing into a parked car, damaging your car on a curb, scraping a guard rail and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible on your Tribute to save money on collision insurance.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
This will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as theft, falling objects and damage from getting keyed. The most your auto insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle's value consider dropping full coverage.
Medical expense insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for bills for things like prosthetic devices, ambulance fees and funeral costs. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Cheap insurance is out there
When searching for low cost Philadelphia car insurance quotes, it's a bad idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. In too many instances, consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits to discover at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your objective should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate.
In this article, we presented many ways to get a better price on Mazda Tribute insurance in Philadelphia. It's most important to understand that the more you quote Philadelphia car insurance, the higher your chance of finding affordable Mazda Tribute insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with a small local company. Regional companies often have lower premium rates on specific markets than their larger competitors like State Farm or Progressive.
Budget-friendly insurance in Philadelphia can be sourced from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection. Some companies do not offer internet price quotes and these smaller companies sell through independent insurance agencies.
Even more information is located in these articles:
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- How Much is Car Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Philadelphia Auto Insurance for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a DUI in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- How Much is Philadelphia Car Insurance for Drivers with Accidents? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for State Employees in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)