Being forced to pay for pricey car insurance premiums can deplete your checking account and make it tough to pay other bills. Performing a rate comparison is free and is an excellent way to cut your insurance bill.
Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that the vast majority of Pennsylvania car insurance customers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for a minimum of four years, and almost half have never compared rate quotes at all. Most drivers in America could save as much as 46.5% every year by just comparing quotes, but they just don’t want to compare rate quotes online.
Multiple car insurance companies compete to insure your vehicles, so it can be very hard to choose a provider and get the definite best price available on Subaru Tribeca insurance in Philadelphia.
You Can Change Your Insurance Prices
The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at some of the factors that go into determining your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
- Don’t abuse policy claims – If you frequently file small claims, you can definitely plan on higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Auto insurance companies in Pennsylvania award the best rates to policyholders who are not frequent claim filers. Insurance coverage is designed for claims that pose a financial burden.
- Drive less and get lower rates – The more you drive your Subaru every year the higher your rates will be. Most companies apply a rate based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars and trucks used primarily for pleasure use can be on a lower rate level than vehicles that are driven to work every day. It’s always a good idea to double check that your insurance policy is rated on the correct usage, because it can save money. An incorrectly rated Tribeca can cost quite a bit.
- Lower stress equals lower prices – Occupations such as military personnel, air traffic controllers, and accountants tend to pay higher rates than the rest of us in part from intense work-related stress and lots of time spent away from family. Other jobs such as actors, engineers and retirees generally pay rates lower than average.
Insurance premiums and vehicle performance – The type of car, truck or SUV you need to insure makes a huge difference in your car insurance bill. Small economy passenger models usually have the lowest rates, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
The following chart uses these variables: married male driver age 40, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The data compares Subaru Tribeca insurance rates compared to other models of vehicles that have a range of performance rating factors.
Which gender costs less? – Statistics have proven that females take fewer risks when driving. However, this does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Both sexes get in fender benders in similar percentages, but the men tend to have higher claims. Men also receive more costly citations like reckless driving and DUI.
The illustration below shows the comparison of Subaru Tribeca insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no accidents, no driving violations, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Younger drivers pay higher costs – Older people are more cautious drivers, statistically cause fewer accidents, and get fewer tickets. Teen drivers are statistically shown to get distracted easily when driving and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher.
The chart below is based on a single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
When looking for cheaper Philadelphia car insurance quotes, there are a couple ways of comparing rates from lots of Pennsylvania car insurance companies. The easiest way to lower the rate you pay for Subaru Tribeca insurance is to jump online and get quotes.
Doing online rate quotes comparisons is so easy that it replaces the need to spend time driving to insurance agents’ offices. The fact that you can get quotes online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you want the extra assistance that only a licensed agent can provide. Although, it is possible comparison shop online and get advice from an agent in your area.
Just keep in mind that obtaining a wide range of quotes helps locate lower pricing. Some companies don’t provide online price quotes, so it’s necessary to compare price estimates on coverage from those companies, too.
The following companies have been selected to offer price quotes in Pennsylvania. If several companies are displayed, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to get the lowest price.
Detailed insurance information
The coverage information displayed below outlines a range of insurance rates for Subaru Tribeca models. Understanding how rates are determined is important for you to make smart choices when purchasing an auto insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Tribeca 3.6R Limited||$200||$400||$346||$20||$104||$1,070||$89|
|Tribeca 3.6R Premium||$200||$400||$346||$20||$104||$1,070||$89|
|Tribeca 3.6R Touring||$224||$400||$346||$20||$104||$1,094||$91|
|Get Your Own Customized Quote Go|
Data variables include married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Pennsylvania minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and claim-free. Rate quotes do not factor in Philadelphia location which can decrease or increase coverage rates greatly.
The illustration below shows how different deductible levels and can raise or lower Subaru Tribeca premium costs for different age categories. The data assumes a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Why car insurance is not optional
Despite the high insurance cost for a Subaru Tribeca in Philadelphia, buying car insurance is required by state law in Pennsylvania and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Subaru Tribeca, almost all lenders will require that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your Subaru for a much higher rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Car insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. It will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your Tribeca are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Philadelphia overpays more than $855 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
You may qualify for discounts for Subaru Tribeca insurance in Philadelphia
Car insurance companies don’t list every policy discount very clearly, so the following list contains both well-publicized in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that may be available. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you could be getting lower rates.
- Drivers Education – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them take driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can reduce accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Student Discounts – Getting good grades could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- No Claims – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims get the best auto insurance rates in comparison to drivers who are more careless.
- Accident Waiver – Not a discount per se, but certain companies will turn a blind eye to one accident before your rates go up so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Life Insurance – Larger companies have a discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to fasten their seat belts can save 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
- Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment could provide a small rate reduction but check with your company.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you combine your auto and home insurance and insure them with the same company they may give you a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Payment Discounts – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than paying in monthly installments you could save up to 5%.
Remember that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Even though the math looks like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, nobody gets a free ride.
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Subaru Tribeca insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The costs are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, Pennsylvania state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, marriage, multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-car discounts applied.
If you would like to choose from a list of insurers that offer discounts in Philadelphia, follow this link.
Independent versus exclusive auto insurance agents
A lot of people would prefer to buy from a licensed agent and doing so can bring peace of mind A nice benefit of comparing insurance online is that drivers can save money and get cheap insurance rates and still have a local agent.
After completing this short form, the coverage information is immediately sent to participating agents in Philadelphia that can provide free Philadelphia car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to search for an agent because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. You can find lower rates without having to waste a lot of time. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a particular provider, just visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right company shouldn’t rely on just a cheap quote. Any good agent in Philadelphia should know the answers to these questions.
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Does their agency support local causes in Philadelphia?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
Two types of car insurance agents
When looking for a local insurance agency, it’s important to understand the types of insurance agents from which to choose. Agencies in Philadelphia can be classified as either exclusive or independent.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company like American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. These agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive insurance agents receive extensive training on sales techniques which can be an advantage.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Philadelphia who can help you get comparison quotes.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents do not work for one specific company and that gives them the ability to insure with multiple insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If they quote lower rates, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to find a new agent.
If you are comparing insurance prices, we recommend you compare prices from a couple of independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison.
Shown below are independent agencies in Philadelphia willing to provide price quotes.
After talking to the agent and getting good responses to your questions and locked in a price quote, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agency that will adequately provide insurance.
Everyone needs different auto insurance coverages
When it comes to buying the best auto insurance coverage, there really isn’t a single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
For instance, these questions might help in determining whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- Does every company file a SR-22 automatically?
- What is GAP insurance?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form.
Smart consumers save more
Insureds who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, poor customer service, high rates after DUI convictions or even high prices. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a great new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
As you quote Philadelphia car insurance, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best possible price while still protecting your assets.
More affordable insurance in Philadelphia can be sourced both online in addition to local insurance agencies, so get free Philadelphia car insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies do not offer price quotes online and these smaller providers sell through local independent agencies.
More tips and info about insurance is located in these articles:
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Infrequent Drivers in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Philadelphia Auto Insurance for Hybrid Vehicles? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Low Income Drivers in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- How Much are Philadelphia Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Sentra? (FAQ)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)