Are you burned out from wondering where the money will come from to insure your Cadillac every month? Your situation is no different than millions of other people.
Astonishing but true, 70% of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for at least four years, and just short of a majority have never shopped around. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,363, Philadelphia drivers can cut their rates by up to $690 a year just by comparing rates, but they assume it’s a waste of time to compare rate quotes.
Multiple auto insurance companies compete for your hard-earned dollar, so it’s not easy to compare every company and uncover the absolute lowest price on Cadillac ATS insurance in Philadelphia.
It’s smart to compare prices on a regular basis since insurance prices go up and down regularly. Just because you had the best price on Cadillac ATS insurance in Philadelphia on your last policy there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to how to quote online to get good coverage on Cadillac ATS insurance in Philadelphia at a lower rate.
If you’re already insured, you will be able to save money using the concepts you’re about to learn. Locating the most cost-effective car insurance policy in Philadelphia is actually quite easy if you know where to start. But Pennsylvania consumers benefit from understanding how big insurance companies set your policy premium because rates fluctuate considerably.
The easiest way to compare insurance rates in your area is to realize most of the larger companies provide online access to give free rates quotes. To get started, all you need to do is give the companies some data including whether you have decent credit, distance driven, if you are currently licensed, and the make and model of your vehicles. That information is sent automatically to all major companies and you receive quotes within a short period of time.
To check Cadillac ATS insurance prices now, click here and enter the information requested.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Pennsylvania. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you get rate quotes from several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Why you need to buy auto insurance
Despite the high insurance cost for a Cadillac ATS in Philadelphia, paying for auto insurance serves several important purposes.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability if you want to drive legally. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, most lenders will force you to have insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your Cadillac at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your assets. It will also pay for many types of medical costs incurred in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay to defend you if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. The average driver in Pennsylvania is wasting up to $750 every year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Why Informed Consumers Pay Less for Cadillac ATS Insurance
Lots of things are considered when premium rates are determined. Some are pretty understandable such as traffic violations, but other criteria are less apparent like your vehicle usage and annual miles driven.
- Do you need those incidental coverages? – There are quite a few extra add-on coverages that you can buy on your car insurance policy. Things like roadside assistance, better glass coverage, and motor club memberships could be just wasting money. These may sound like a good investment at first, but if they’re wasting money consider taking them off your policy.
- Pay lower rates after the wedding – Having a significant other may cut your premiums on your car insurance policy. It means you’re more responsible it has been statistically shown that married couples file fewer claims.
- Pay more by driving carelessly – A bad driving record has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Even a single speeding ticket can bump up the cost by as much as twenty percent. Attentive drivers get better prices than bad drivers. Drivers with severe citations like reckless driving or DUI might be required by their state to prove financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Teen drivers are expensive to insure – Older, more experienced drivers are viewed as being more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and receive fewer citations. Drivers with little experience tend to be careless and easily distracted behind the wheel so car insurance rates are higher.
- Safeguard your assets with liability coverage – Your car insurance policy’s liability coverage will afford coverage if you are ruled to be at fault for personal injury or accident damage. It will provide legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
- Physical damage deductibles – Deductibles for physical damage define how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. Coverage for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered are collision with another vehicle, fire damage, or theft of your vehicle. The more you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less money you will pay for car insurance.
- Which gender costs less? – Over the last 30 years, statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, this does not mean men are worse drivers. Women and men cause accidents in similar numbers, but men have accidents that have higher claims. Not only that, but men also get cited for more serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving.
- Multi-policy discounts can save money – Many car insurance companies will award better rates to customers that purchase more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to five, ten or even twenty percent. Even though this discount sounds good, drivers will still want to compare other company rates to guarantee you are still saving the most. You may still save even more than the discount by buying insurance from more than one company.
Insurance loss probability for a Cadillac ATS – Companies include the past claim history for a vehicle to help determine costs. Models that the data determines to have higher loss trends will cost more for specific coverages.
The table below illustrates the loss history for Cadillac ATS vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is equal to 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 indicate better than average losses, while numbers above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or tendency to have larger claims.
Cadillac ATS Insurance Loss Statistics Specific Cadillac Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Cadillac ATS 4dr 2WD 121 97 103 107 96 90 Cadillac ATS 4dr 4WD 127 81 91 92 93 74BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get cheaper Cadillac ATS insurance in Philadelphia with discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but there are discounts available that many people don’t even know exist. Many discounts should be triggered when you quote, but some need to be asked for prior to getting the savings. If you’re not getting every credit possible, you are paying more than you should be.
- Responsible Driver Discount – Drivers who don’t get into accidents could pay up to 40% less compared to accident prone drivers.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts may qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Government Employees – Federal government employees may reduce rates when you quote Philadelphia car insurance depending on your insurance provider.
- Save over 55 – Seniors could receive a small discount on rates.
- Discount for Good Grades – Performing well in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. This discount can apply up until you turn 25.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Distant Student Discount – College-age children who live away from home at college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Driver Safety – Taking time to complete a defensive driving class is a good idea and can lower rates if your company offers it.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them enroll and complete driver’s education as it can save substantially.
- Active Military Service – Having a family member in the military could be rewarded with lower premium rates.
Just know that most credits do not apply to the whole policy. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like all those discounts means the company will pay you, nobody gets a free ride.
The best insurance companies and their offered discounts are:
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including good student, anti-theft, Steer Clear safe driver discount, safe vehicle, and accident-free.
- GEICO may have discounts that include membership and employees, air bags, good student, defensive driver, and seat belt use.
- Progressive may offer discounts for online quote discount, multi-policy, homeowner, online signing, and multi-vehicle.
- 21st Century includes discounts for defensive driver, good student, automatic seat belts, driver training, theft prevention, teen driver, and early bird.
- American Family has discounts for good student, air bags, TimeAway discount, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, and mySafetyValet.
- The Hartford has savings for bundle, defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, driver training, anti-theft, and good student.
- AAA discounts include multi-car, education and occupation, multi-policy, anti-theft, and good driver.
When getting free Philadelphia car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every prospective company which discounts you may be entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policyholders in every state.
Local Philadelphia car insurance agents
Certain consumers would prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that can be a smart move A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is you can get cheaper prices and still choose a local agent. And buying from local insurance agents is definitely important in Philadelphia.
By using this simple form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to contact an agency since price quotes are sent to you instantly. You’ll get the best rates and work with a local agent. If you want to get a rate quote from a specific company, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
If you need to find a good Philadelphia insurance agent, there are a couple of different types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Agents can either be independent or exclusive.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents often have affiliation with several companies and that gives them the ability to insure through lots of different companies and get the cheapest rates. If your agent finds better pricing, your agent can switch companies which requires no work on your part.
If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, it’s a good idea to include rate quotes from a few independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Featured below are Philadelphia independent agencies who can help you get free price quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents work for only one company and examples are State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. These agents are not able to compare rates from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are highly trained on sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agents in Philadelphia who can help you get rate quotes.
Picking the best insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a low price. Any agent in Philadelphia should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Philadelphia?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Philadelphia?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
Cheap coverage is out there
As you quote Philadelphia car insurance, don’t be tempted to buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that it was a big mistake. The aim is to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
Affordable Cadillac ATS insurance in Philadelphia is possible online as well as from independent agents in Philadelphia, so you should compare both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who do not provide internet price quotes and most of the time these smaller providers work with local independent agencies.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of tips how to lower your Cadillac ATS insurance car insurance rates in Philadelphia. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding low cost Philadelphia car insurance quotes. You may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with the least-expected company. These smaller insurers may have significantly lower premium rates on certain market segments as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
Additional auto insurance information can be found at the links below
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Who Has the Cheapest Philadelphia Auto Insurance Rates for Ride Shares? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Nurses in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)