If online insurance comparisons are new to you, you can easily be confused thanks to the vast number of insurance providers vying for business in Philadelphia.
Shocking but true, a large majority of consumers have been with the same company for four years or more, and approximately 38% of consumers have never quoted rates to find lower-cost coverage. Philadelphia drivers can cut their rates by nearly 55% a year by just shopping around, but they just feel it’s too hard to compare rate quotes.
You should make it a habit to do rate comparisons every six months because insurance rates trend upward over time. Just because you had the lowest rate on Lexus IS 300 insurance in Philadelphia two years ago the chances are good that you can find a lower price today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because you’re about to learn how to quote online to find better coverage on Lexus IS 300 insurance in Philadelphia at a better price.
If you are already insured, you will definitely be able to get lower rates using the tips covered below. Finding and comparing affordable protection in Philadelphia is not as time-consuming as you think. Although Pennsylvania consumers must know the methods companies use to sell online because it varies considerably.
To find affordable Philadelphia auto insurance quotes, there are several ways to get quotes from many car insurance companies in Pennsylvania. One of the best ways to find competitive insurance rates involves getting comparison quotes online. When comparison shopping, comparing more prices provides better odds of finding a better price. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide price estimates online, so it’s important to compare prices from those companies as well.
The car insurance companies shown below offer comparison quotes in Pennsylvania. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Lower your car insurance rates with these five discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always list the complete list of policy discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the next list breaks down some of the more common and also the more inconspicuous credits that may apply to you.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Insureds who allow driving data collection to track driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system might see lower rates if their driving habits are good.
- Employee of Federal Government – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your car insurance provider.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Own a Home – Being a homeowner can save you money due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some car insurance companies provide a discount for switching to them before your current IS 300 insurance policy expires. The savings is around 10%.
You should keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy. But any discount will cut your car insurance premiums.
If you would like to see a list of companies who offer car insurance discounts in Pennsylvania, follow this link.
Do I need an insurance agent?
Many people would rather get advice from a local agent and often times that is recommended One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is that you can find lower premium rates and still have an agent to talk to.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is sent to companies in Philadelphia who can give free rate quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to find an agent due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. You can find better rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a specific company, you can always visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
Picking an company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
Buying the right vehicle insurance in Pennsylvania is an important decision
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Lexus IS 300 in Philadelphia, insuring your vehicle is required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability in order to drive the car. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your IS 300, it’s guaranteed your bank will force you to have insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Lexus at a more expensive rate and make you pay for it.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your vehicle. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you have damage to your Lexus as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your car more than cancel out the cost, especially for larger claims. Today the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $850 per year so smart consumers compare quotes at least once a year to save money.
Insurance coverage options for a Lexus IS 300
Understanding the coverages of your policy helps when choosing the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Insurance for medical payments – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for immediate expenses such as ambulance fees, chiropractic care, X-ray expenses and rehabilitation expenses. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Liability coverages – This provides protection from damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people that is your fault. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have liability limits of 15/30/5 which means a limit of $15,000 per injured person, $30,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $5,000.
Liability insurance covers claims such as funeral expenses, emergency aid, structural damage and loss of income. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but buy as large an amount as possible. Pennsylvania state minimum liability requirements are 15/30/5 but you should consider buying more liability than the minimum.
The chart below shows why buying the state minimum limits may not be adequate coverage.
Collision coverage – Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as hitting a parking meter, rolling your car, driving through your garage door and colliding with another moving vehicle. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to raise the deductible on your IS 300 to get cheaper collision coverage.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance – This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for injuries to you and your family and damage to your Lexus IS 300.
Due to the fact that many Pennsylvania drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (15/30/5 in Pennsylvania), their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision) – Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like hitting a deer, damage from getting keyed, fire damage, rock chips in glass and damage from flooding. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Shop smart and save
Budget-friendly car insurance in Philadelphia is possible on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should compare both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies may not offer online price quotes and many times these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent agents.
In this article, we covered many ideas to save on Lexus IS 300 insurance in Philadelphia. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Philadelphia auto insurance, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the lowest premium rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
While you’re price shopping online, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are too many instances where an insured cut collision coverage only to regret that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Much more information about car insurance in Pennsylvania can be read at the links below
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- How Much is Philadelphia Auto Insurance for Teachers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Philadelphia Car Insurance with Multiple Speeding Tickets? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Female in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a School Permit in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for High Mileage Drivers in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Honda Accord in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)