Think you have an expensive car insurance policy? Believe me when I say many Philadelphia consumers are in the same pinch.
A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that most Pennsylvania car insurance customers have stayed with the same insurance company for over three years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never shopped around. Consumers in America can cut their rates by up to 47% a year, but they just don't understand the actual amount they would save if they switch to a new company.
Having so many companies and agents to choose from, it's difficult to find a lower cost company.
Locating the most cost-effective car insurance policy in Philadelphia is easy if you know what you're doing. If you currently have car insurance, you stand a good chance to be able to cut your premiums using the techniques covered below. But Pennsylvania drivers do need to know the way insurance companies price online insurance because it can help you find the best coverage.
The majority of larger companies such as Progressive, Allstate and GEICO provide coverage price quotes from their websites. Getting Volvo V90 insurance prices online doesn't take a lot of time as you just enter the coverage amounts you desire as detailed in the form. Upon sending the form, their rating system pulls your credit score and driving record and returns pricing information based on the information you submitted. Being able to quote online for Volvo V90 insurance in Philadelphia makes comparing rates easy, and it's very important to compare as many rates as possible if you are searching for lower-cost insurance pricing.
In order to fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you duplicate deductibles and limits as shown on your current policy. Doing this guarantees you will get a rate comparison based on similar coverages.
The car insurance companies shown below can provide price comparisons in Pennsylvania. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Why you need quality insurance for your Volvo V90
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Volvo V90 in Philadelphia, insuring your vehicle may not be optional for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Volvo has a loan, it's guaranteed your bank will make it mandatory that you have physical damage coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Volvo at an extremely high rate and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays as much as $865 each year so compare quotes from several companies at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Why Your Insurance Rates might be higher
A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing the rating factors that come into play when calculating your premiums. If you have some idea of what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
The itemized list below are a few of the "ingredients" companies use to determine your rates.
- Gaps in coverage mean higher prices - Driving your car without having proper coverage can get you a ticket and your next policy will cost more because you let your coverage have a gap. Not only will rates go up, failure to provide proof of insurance could result in fines and jail time.
- Don't cut corners with liability coverage - Your car insurance policy's liability coverage kicks in when you are responsible for physical damage or personal injury to other. Your policy's liability insurance provides legal defense starting from day one. Liability is cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Low stress job equals lower rates - Do you work in a high-stress field? Careers like military personnel, police officers, and financial analysts tend to have the highest rates in part from intense work requirements and long work days. On the flip side, jobs such as farmers, historians and homemakers have the lowest average rates.
- Insure car and home with the same company - Most major companies give lower prices for people that buy multiple policies, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even if you're getting this discount drivers will still want to get quotes from other companies to ensure the best deal.
- Gender is a factor - Statistics demonstrate that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. That doesn't necessarily mean that women are BETTER drivers than men. They both are in fender benders at a similar rate, but the men have accidents that have higher claims. Men also tend to get higher numbers of serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
- Only buy extra policy coverages you need - Policies have additional coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you don't pay attention. Coverages for roadside assistance, accident forgiveness, and extra equipment coverage may not be needed and are just wasting money. The coverages may be enticing initially, but if they're wasting money think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Stay claim-free and save - Insurance companies in Pennsylvania generally give the best rates to insureds who only file infrequent claims. If you're an insured who likes to file claims you can look forward to higher rates. Your insurance policy is designed for the large, substantial claims.
You may qualify for discounts for Volvo V90 insurance in Philadelphia
Car insurance is not cheap, but you can get discounts to reduce the price significantly. Some of these discounts will be visible when you get a quote, but a few must be requested specifically before you get the savings.
- Own a Home - Simply owning a home can save you money since home ownership demonstrates responsibility.
- Multi-policy Discount - If you insure your home and vehicles with the same insurance company you will save nearly 15% which can help you find inexpensive Volvo V90 insurance in Philadelphia.
- Clubs and Organizations - Joining a civic or occupational organization in Philadelphia could trigger savings on your next auto insurance statement.
- Passenger Safety Discount - Factory options such as air bags or automatic seat belts may get savings up to 30%.
- Use Seat Belts - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle up before driving can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the personal injury premium cost.
- 55 and Retired - Mature drivers could receive a discount up to 10%.
Please keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Just because you may think all the discounts add up to a free policy, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy. But any discount should definitely cut the amount you have to pay.
A few popular companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be read below.
- 21st Century has savings for theft prevention, automatic seat belts, early bird, air bags, and defensive driver.
- Progressive includes discounts for good student, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, and online quote discount.
- State Farm may have discounts that include good driver, passive restraint, multiple policy, safe vehicle, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Nationwide may offer discounts for good student, multi-policy, family plan, Farm Bureau membership, and business or organization.
- Esurance offers discounts for renters, DriveSense, good driver, online shopper, emergency road assistance, anti-lock brakes, and multi-policy.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for driver training, bundle, anti-theft, air bag, and good student.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every prospective company what discounts are available to you. Discounts may not be available in Philadelphia. To find auto insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Pennsylvania, click here.
You may need help from an insurance agency
Many people still like to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is a personal choice. One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is you may find cheap rate quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your information is sent to local insurance agents who will give you quotes for your coverage. There is no need to search for an agent because prices are sent to you. You can find better rates without a big time investment. If you want to get a rate quote from a specific company, you can always find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Choosing the best insurance company should include more criteria than just a low price. These questions are important to ask:
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- How are they compensated?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- What is the agency's Better Business Bureau rating?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
Is an exclusive or independent car insurance agent right for you?
If you need to find a reliable agent, there are two types of insurance agents and how they can service your needs differently. Philadelphia agents are classified as either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents generally can only insure with one company such as Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company's prices so you might not find the best rates. These agents are very knowledgeable on sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Philadelphia that are able to give price quote information.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent are appointed with more than one company so they have the ability to put coverage through many different auto insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can switch companies which is easy for the insured. When comparing auto insurance rates, you will definitely want to contact multiple independent agents in order to have the best price comparison.
Shown below is a short list of independent agents in Philadelphia who can help you get rate quotes.
Upon receiving good responses to all your questions and locked in a price quote, chances are good that you have found an insurance agency that meets the requirements to insure your vehicles.
More effort can pay off
Discount Volvo V90 insurance in Philadelphia can be found from both online companies and from local agencies, so get free Philadelphia car insurance quotes from both of them to have the best rate selection. A few companies don't offer rate quotes online and usually these regional carriers work with independent agents.
In this article, we presented a lot of information how to reduce Volvo V90 insurance prices online in Philadelphia. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting affordable Volvo V90 insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest prices come from some of the smallest insurance companies. They may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
As you shop your coverage around, you should never reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage only to regret at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your aim should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
To learn more, link through to these articles:
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Philadelphia Car Insurance Rates for Single Moms? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Handicapped Drivers in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Equinox in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)