I can't think of anyone who likes having to buy insurance, especially when they are aware that the cost is too high.
It's safe to assume that auto insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Consumers who perform rate comparisons will, in all likelihood, buy a new policy because there is a good probability of finding a lower-priced policy. A recent study showed that consumers who did price comparisons regularly saved approximately $70 a month compared to those who never shopped around.
If finding the best rates on insurance is the reason for your visit, then having an understanding of how to get rate quotes and compare insurance premiums can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
Multiple insurers compete for your business, and it can be difficult to compare rates and get the best coverage at the lowest rate on Audi Q5 insurance in Philadelphia.
If you currently have insurance, you should be able to reduce premiums using the techniques covered below. Locating the best rates in Philadelphia is much easier if you know where to start. Although Pennsylvania vehicle owners need to learn how the larger insurance companies determine prices because it can help you find the best coverage.
Affordable auto insurance in Philadelphia, PA
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer quotes in Philadelphia, PA. If multiple companies are shown, it's highly recommended you get price quotes from several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Coverage statistics and figures
The price information shown next covers detailed analysis of policy rates for Audi Q5 models. Understanding more about how policy premiums are determined can be valuable when making smart choices when buying a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Q5 3.2 Premium AWD||$138||$310||$316||$18||$94||$876||$73|
|Q5 3.2 Premium Plus AWD||$154||$310||$316||$18||$94||$892||$74|
|Q5 3.2 Premium Plus S-Line AWD||$154||$310||$316||$18||$94||$892||$74|
|Q5 3.2 Prestige AWD||$154||$352||$316||$18||$94||$934||$78|
|Q5 3.2 Prestige S-Line AWD||$154||$352||$316||$18||$94||$934||$78|
|Get Your Own Customized Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Pennsylvania minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and multi-policy. Price information does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can decrease or increase auto insurance rates considerably.
Cost difference between full coverage and liability
The chart below compares Audi Q5 insurance prices with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The price estimates are based on no accidents or driving violations, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to eliminate full coverage
There is no written rule to stop buying comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of coverage is 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Audi Q5 claim settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would receive is $5,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying more than $500 a year for your policy with full coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are a few cases where removing full coverage is not recommended. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not remove full coverage.
These discounts can lower Audi Q5 insurance rates
Buying insurance is not cheap, but you may find discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you complete an application, but occasionally some discounts must be specifically requested before being credited.
- No Claims - Drivers with accident-free driving histories have much lower rates when compared with bad drivers.
- Anti-theft Discount - Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen with less frequency and will qualify for a discount on a Philadelphia auto insurance quote.
- Employee of Federal Government - Active or retired federal employment could cut as much as 10% off but check with your company.
- Defensive Driving Course - Taking a driver safety class may get you a small discount and make you a better driver.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers - Drivers who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- 55 and Retired - If you're over the age of 55, you may be able to get reduced rates.
- Life Insurance Discount - Select companies reward you with a discounted price on car insurance if you buy life insurance.
A quick disclaimer, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most only cut individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though the math looks like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, nobody gets a free ride. Any qualifying discounts will definitely reduce your policy premium.
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Audi Q5 annual premium costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The price estimates are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, Pennsylvania state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, homeowner, multi-policy, marriage, safe-driver, and claim-free discounts applied.
Larger insurance companies and the discounts they provide are shown below.
- 21st Century discounts include air bags, good student, teen driver, early bird, and automatic seat belts.
- State Farm includes discounts for good student, anti-theft, safe vehicle, multiple autos, and driver's education.
- AAA may have discounts that include multi-policy, multi-car, good driver, anti-theft, and pay-in-full.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for teen driver discount, good student, newly married, newly retired, safety features, new vehicle discount, and exclusive group savings.
- Progressive offers discounts including online quote discount, homeowner, multi-policy, continuous coverage, good student, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
If you are trying to find cheaper Philadelphia auto insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering the best way to save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policyholders in your state. To choose providers who offer discounts in Philadelphia, click here.
Choices You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Premiums
One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the things that help determine the price you pay for auto insurance. When consumers understand what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make good choices that can earn you better auto insurance rates.
- Excellent credit saves on auto insurance - Your credit score is a big factor in determining premium rates. So if your credit history can be improved, you could save money insuring your Audi Q5 by spending a little time repairing your credit. Drivers with high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims than drivers who have worse credit.
- Employer can influence prices - Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Occupational choices like doctors, police officers, and accountants usually pay higher average rates attributed to high stress and incredibly demanding work hours. On the other hand, occupations such as professors, athletes and performers have the lowest average rates.
Premiums are high for teenagers - Inexperience drivers have been known to be inattentive when at the wheel of a vehicle and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher. Mature drivers have been proven to be more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and receive fewer citations.
The following data is based on a single driver, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Better rates on vehicles with better crash test results - Cars with high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles protect occupants better and lower injury rates translates into savings for insurance companies and lower rates for you. If your Audi is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov you may qualify for a discount.
- Do you have enough liability insurance? - The liability section of your policy kicks in in the event that you are responsible for damages from an accident. It provides legal defense coverage which can cost a lot. Liability is cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Your car's features help determine rates - Choosing a vehicle with advanced anti-theft systems can help lower your premiums. Anti-theft features like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms can help prevent car theft.
Audi Q5 insurance loss statistics - Insurers take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle to calculate a rate that offsets possible losses. Models that historically have a trend towards higher claims will be charged more to insure.
The table below outlines the loss history for Audi Q5 vehicles. For each coverage category, the statistical loss for all vehicles compiled together is equal to 100. Values that are 100 or less represent a good loss history, while values over 100 show a trend for more claims or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Audi Q5 Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Audi Q5 4dr 4WD 143 96 110 61 55 78 Audi Q5 Hybrid 4dr 4WD 156 165BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Exclusive versus independent insurance agencies
Many people would rather sit down with an agent and that is a personal choice. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get cheap auto insurance rates and still have a local agent. And supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is important especially in Philadelphia.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your insurance coverage information is sent to insurance agents in Philadelphia who will give competitive quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You won't need to visit any agencies since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. You can find the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a specific auto insurance provider, don't hesitate to visit that company's website and complete a quote there.
Shown below is a short list of auto insurance companies in Philadelphia that may be able to provide price quotes for Audi Q5 insurance in Philadelphia.
Finding a good company requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Are they full-time agents?
- How long have they been in business?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
Persistence pays off
Budget-friendly car insurance in Philadelphia can be found both online and with local Philadelphia insurance agents, so get free Philadelphia auto insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies may not have the ability to get quotes online and many times these smaller providers only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies.
Throughout this article, we presented many ways to shop for Audi Q5 insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the best price on car insurance is with a smaller regional carrier. Some small companies often have lower rates on specific markets than their larger competitors like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Additional detailed information is available at these sites:
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Active Military in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Good Drivers in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Honda Accord in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)