Wish you could get out of overpriced Land Rover Range Rover insurance in Philadelphia? It's a common feeling and many consumers are feeling buyer's remorse and feel like there's no way out.
It's safe to conclude that auto insurance companies don't want you comparing rates. People who shop rates annually are inclined to switch to a new company because there are good odds of getting low-cost coverage. A survey found that people who shopped around annually saved about $70 a month compared to other drivers who don't regularly compare prices.
If saving the most money on auto insurance in Philadelphia is your goal, then having an understanding of the best ways to shop for coverage rates can make it easier for you to save money.
You have multiple car insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and even though it's nice to have multiple companies, having more auto insurance companies makes it harder to compare company pricing for Land Rover Range Rover insurance in Philadelphia.
Comparing quotes for the cheapest coverage in Philadelphia is not as hard as you think. Just about everyone who needs cheaper insurance will find a lower-cost company. Nevertheless, Pennsylvania vehicle owners should learn the methods companies use to calculate their prices because it varies considerably.
Car insurance discounts are available to get cheap rates
Car insurance companies don't always advertise all their discounts very clearly, so the following is a list of a few of the more well known and also the more inconspicuous discounts you could be receiving when you buy Philadelphia car insurance online.
- Driving Data Discount - Policyholders that allow companies to scrutinize where and when they drive by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Progressive's Snapshot and State Farm's In-Drive might see lower rates as long as the data is positive.
- Renewal Discounts - Some car insurance companies provide a discount for switching to them before your current coverage expires. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Discount for Passive Restraints - Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts may qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Drive Safe and Save - Drivers without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than less cautious drivers.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to complete a driver education course in high school.
A quick disclaimer, most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like you can get free auto insurance, you're out of luck. Any qualifying discounts will help reduce the premium cost.
Companies and some of the discounts are included below.
- State Farm offers discounts including defensive driving training, driver's education, Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, and passive restraint.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for electronic funds transfer, teen driver, distant student, bundle discounts, switch companies, business and professional, and multi-car.
- Progressive discounts include online quote discount, good student, multi-vehicle, homeowner, online signing, and multi-policy.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including good student, anti-theft, multi-policy, daytime running lights, and emergency military deployment.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has savings for student away at school, teen driver, air bags, safe driver, good student, paid in full, and group or association.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for air bag, vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, bundle, and driver training.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for youthful driver, renewal discount, good student, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and 55 and retired.
- USAA offers discounts for multi-vehicle, annual mileage, vehicle storage, new vehicle, safe driver, and family discount.
If you need lower rates, check with each company which credits you are entitled to. All car insurance discounts may not be offered in Philadelphia. To choose companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Pennsylvania, follow this link.
The are a couple different ways to get quotes from car insurance companies in your area. The fastest way to compare rates consists of shopping online.
Online shopping is fast and free, and it makes it a waste of time to actually drive to insurance agents' offices. Quoting Land Rover Range Rover insurance online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you prefer the advice and guidance of a local Philadelphia agent. Although, it is possible price shop your coverage online but have your policy serviced through an agent.
When comparing car insurance rates, know that making a lot of price comparisons will improve the odds of getting a lower rate.
The companies shown below offer price comparisons in Pennsylvania. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Smart Consumers Can Slash Their Insurance Premiums
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the things that come into play when calculating your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what determines base rates, this allows you to make good choices that may result in cheaper rates.
The following are some of the major factors car insurance companies consider when setting your rates.
High performance equals high costs - The performance of the car you need to insure makes a substantial difference in your car insurance bill. The cheapest insurance rates are usually for small economy passenger vehicles, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
Policy add-ons add up - Insurance companies have many additional extra coverages that can add up when buying car insurance. Insurance for things like vanishing deductibles, death and dismemberment, and membership fees are probably not needed. The coverages may be enticing when you first buy your policy, but if you have no use for them remove them from your policy.
Alarm systems systems cut car insurance rates - Driving a car with advanced anti-theft systems can save you some money. Anti-theft features like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms can help prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
Women pay lower costs - Statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, this does not mean women are better drivers. Both genders are in auto accidents at about the same rate, but men have costlier accidents. Men also statistically get more serious tickets such as reckless driving. Male teenagers are the most expensive to insure and are penalized with high car insurance rates.
See if your company offers a multi-policy discount - The majority of insurers provide discounts to customers that have more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you're getting this discount it's still a good idea to compare Land Rover Range Rover rates in Philadelphia to guarantee you are still saving the most.There is a chance you can find a better deal by splitting coverages up.
How old are your drivers? - Older people have been proven to be more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and receive fewer citations. Young drivers have been known to be more careless when behind the wheel so they pay higher car insurance rates.
Drive less and pay lower prices - Driving a lot of miles annually the higher your rates will be. Almost all companies rate vehicles based on how the vehicle is used. Autos that are left in the garage qualify for better rates compared to those used for work or business. It's a good idea to make sure your car insurance declarations sheet states how each vehicle is driven. Improper usage on your Range Rover may be costing you higher rates.
High credit saves on car insurance - Having a bad credit score can be a huge factor in calculating your premium rate. Drivers with very good credit scores tend to file fewer claims than those with lower credit ratings. Therefore, if your credit score can be improved, you could pay less to insure your Land Rover Range Rover if you clean up your credit.
Claims statistics for a Land Rover Range Rover - Companies include the past claim trends for vehicles to calculate a price that will offset any claims. Vehicles that the statistics show to have higher loss trends will have increased rates.
The table below shows the insurance loss data used by companies for Land Rover Range Rover vehicles. For each policy coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles, as a total average, is equal to 100. Values below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while values that are above 100 indicate more frequent claims or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Land Rover Range Rover Evoque 2dr 4WD||159|
|Land Rover Range Rover Evoque 4dr 4WD||143||139||127||75||73||120|
|Land Rover Range Rover 4dr 4WD||169||116||332||34||104|
|Land Rover Range Rover 4dr LWB 4WD||223||397|
|Land Rover Range Rover Sport 4dr 4WD||166||103||252||47||46||88|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Don't assume everyone needs the same car insurance coverage
When choosing insurance from an agent or online, there really isn't a perfect coverage plan. Your needs are unique to you.
For instance, these questions can help discover whether or not you could use an agent's help.
- What does medical payments cover?
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
If you can't answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Insurance quotes from neighborhood Philadelphia auto insurance agents
Some consumers just want to buy from a licensed agent and there is nothing wrong with that. An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is you may find lower rates and still buy from a local agent. And providing support for local insurance agents is still important in Philadelphia.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your information gets sent to insurance agents in Philadelphia who want to provide quotes to get your business. You don't have to contact an agency due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. It's the lowest rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you need to quote rates from a specific company, just visit that company's website and submit a quote form there.
If you're trying to find a reliable insurance agent, it helps to know the two types of agencies that you can choose from. Insurance policy providers are categorized either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents are appointed with more than one company so they can write business with lots of companies and get you the best rates possible. If your agent finds better pricing, the business is moved internally which is easy for the insured. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we highly recommend that you get quotes from multiple independent agents in order to have the best price comparison.
Listed below are Philadelphia independent agencies that can give you rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive have only one company to place business with and examples are State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agencies are unable to place coverage with different providers so always compare other rates. These agents receive a lot of sales training on what they offer and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Below are exclusive insurance agencies in Philadelphia that can give you rate quotes.
Picking an car insurance agent shouldn't rely on just the bottom line cost. Any good agent in Philadelphia should know the answers to these questions.
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Does their agency support local causes in Philadelphia?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
After you get answers to your satisfaction to your questions and locked in a price quote, it's possible that you found an insurance agency that will properly service your insurance policy. But keep in mind you are able to cancel a policy whenever you want so never assume you're contractually obligated to a specific company for the full term.
Three main reasons to buy insurance
Despite the high insurance cost for a Land Rover Range Rover in Philadelphia, insurance is required in Pennsylvania but it also protects you in many ways.
First, almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability protection in order to be legal. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your car, most banks will make it mandatory that you carry insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If the policy lapses, the lender will be forced to insure your Land Rover for a lot more money and require you to fork over the higher premium.
Third, insurance safeguards both your car and your personal assets. It also can pay for hospital and medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your insurance policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly for liability claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays more than $800 each year so compare quotes from several companies at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Don't give up on cheaper rates
Discount Land Rover Range Rover insurance in Philadelphia is attainable on the web and from local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who do not offer rate quotes online and these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent agents.
We just presented many ideas to get a better price on Land Rover Range Rover insurance in Philadelphia. It's most important to understand that the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the most savings is with an unexpected company.
When searching for cheaper Philadelphia car insurance quotes, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many situations where consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The aim is to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price.
To learn more, feel free to browse the resources below:
- Determining Your Vehicle's Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for 4x4 Vehicles in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Philadelphia Auto Insurance for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much is Philadelphia Auto Insurance for Drivers Requiring a SR22? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Female in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for High School Students in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)