Mazda 3 insurance cost image courtesy of QuoteInspector.com
Would you like to buy low-cost car insurance rates in Philadelphia, PA? Philadelphia shoppers have lots of choices when shopping for low-cost Mazda 3 insurance. You can either waste hours driving around to compare prices or save time using the internet to find the lowest rates. There is a right way and a wrong way to find car insurance online and we'll show you the absolute fastest way to price shop coverage for your Mazda and locate the cheapest rates.
It's a good idea to check car insurance prices yearly since insurance prices change frequently. Just because you had the lowest rate on Mazda 3 insurance in Philadelphia last year you may be paying too much now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because we're going to demonstrate the best way to find better coverage on Mazda 3 insurance in Philadelphia at a better price.
If you are already insured or are shopping for new coverage, you can follow these tips to find better prices and still have adequate protection. The intent of this article is to let you in on how auto insurance companies operate and some tricks to saving. Comparison shoppers just have to know the most efficient way to compare different rates from many different companies.
Lowering your auto insurance rates can be surprisingly simple. You just have to take a few minutes comparing free Philadelphia auto insurance quotes online with multiple companies.
The companies shown below provide price quotes in Philadelphia, PA. If the list has multiple companies, it's a good idea that you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Insurance policy discounts you can't miss
Car insurance can cost a lot, but there are discounts available that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Some discounts will apply when you get a quote, but some need to be specifically requested before they will apply. If you're not getting every credit possible, it's possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Early Signing - Select companies give a discount for signing up before your current coverage expires. You may see this discount when you get Philadelphia auto insurance quotes online.
- Cautious Driver Discount - Insureds who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates as compared to drivers with claims.
- Government Employees - Having worked for a branch of the government may reduce rates when you quote Philadelphia auto insurance depending on your company.
- Discount for Life Insurance - If the company offers life insurance, you could get a lower rate if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Senior Citizens - If you're over the age of 55, you may qualify for a small discount on rates.
Drivers should understand that some credits don't apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Despite the fact that it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, nobody gets a free ride.
The chart below compares Mazda 3 premium costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The costs are based on a female driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Pennsylvania state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, claim-free, multi-car, marriage, homeowner, and safe-driver discounts applied.
A few popular companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are included below.
- GEICO includes discounts for multi-policy, defensive driver, air bags, anti-lock brakes, federal employee, seat belt use, and daytime running lights.
- Travelers policyholders can earn discounts including new car, home ownership, driver training, IntelliDrive, hybrid/electric vehicle, payment discounts, and student away at school.
- Nationwide offers premium reductions for defensive driving, business or organization, anti-theft, accident-free, easy pay, and multi-policy.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for switch companies, youthful driver, teen driver, business and professional, and distant student.
- Esurance may have discounts that include claim free, Pac-12 alumni, DriveSense, safety device, anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, and Switch & Save.
- State Farm may include discounts for passive restraint, good driver, safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple autos, student away at school, and defensive driving training.
- Progressive offers discounts including multi-vehicle, online quote discount, online signing, multi-policy, homeowner, good student, and continuous coverage.
- Mercury Insurance discounts include professional/association, good student, type of vehicle, good driver, low natural disaster claims, location of vehicle, and age of vehicle.
When quoting, ask each company or agent which discounts you qualify for. Some credits might not be offered in Philadelphia. To locate insurance companies who offer discounts in Pennsylvania, click this link.
Insurance statistics for a Mazda 3
The price information shown below showcases a range of coverage costs for Mazda 3 models. Having a better understanding of how auto insurance prices are determined can be valuable when making decisions when choosing a new policy provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|3 I Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$152||$264||$336||$20||$100||$872||$73|
|3 I SV 4-Dr Sedan||$152||$264||$336||$20||$100||$872||$73|
|3 I Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$152||$312||$336||$20||$100||$920||$77|
|3 S Sport 4-Dr Hatchback||$172||$312||$336||$20||$100||$940||$78|
|3 S Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$172||$312||$336||$20||$100||$940||$78|
|3 S Grand Touring 4-Dr Hatchback||$172||$312||$336||$20||$100||$940||$78|
|3 S Grand Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$172||$312||$336||$20||$100||$940||$78|
|Get Your Own Customized Quote Go|
Table data represents married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Pennsylvania minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and homeowner. Price estimates do not factor in specific Philadelphia garaging location which can lower or raise premiums significantly.
The chart below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can change Mazda 3 annual premium costs for different age groups. The price estimates are based on a single female driver, full coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Irresponsible driving raises your rates
The chart below demonstrates how speeding tickets and at-fault accidents can raise Mazda 3 insurance premiums for different ages of insureds. The data is based on a single female driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Insurance rates based on gender
The diagram below compares Mazda 3 premium costs for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no accidents or driving violations, full coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
Buying from insurance agents
Some consumers prefer to talk to a local agent and that is just fine! Professional agents are trained risk managers and will help you if you have claims. An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain the lowest rates and still choose a local agent.
By using this quick form, the coverage information is submitted to participating agents in Philadelphia who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. You never need to contact any agents because prices are sent instantly to you. If you need to quote rates from a specific company, you would need to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Choosing an insurer needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Philadelphia?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Philadelphia?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
When researching local Philadelphia agents, there are a couple of types of agencies and how they function. Auto insurance agents in Philadelphia may be either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both types can sell auto insurance policies, but it's a good idea to understand the difference in the companies they write for because it may have an impact on buying decisions.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents work for only one company and examples are American Family, State Farm, and AAA. They are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some consumers prefer to buy insurance from these agents mainly due to loyalty to the company and strong financial ratings.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agencies in Philadelphia willing to provide price quotes.
- Joe Ems - State Farm Insurance Agent
7348 Frankford Ave - Philadelphia, PA 19136 - (215) 333-5100 - View Map
- Jeff Gottesman - State Farm Insurance Agent
9551 Bustleton Ave - Philadelphia, PA 19115 - (215) 725-1000 - View Map
- Brian Madalion - State Farm Insurance Agent
7208 Ogontz Ave - Philadelphia, PA 19138 - (215) 549-4900 - View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent are not limited to a single company so they can write business through many companies depending on which coverage is best. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move the coverage in-house which makes it simple for you. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we highly recommend that you get some free quotes from several independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison. A lot of them also have access to lesser-known insurance companies which could offer lower prices.
The following is a list of independent agencies in Philadelphia who can help you get price quotes.
- Torri Insurance Agency
214 Fairmount Ave - Philadelphia, PA 19123 - (800) 701-5909 - View Map
- Wade Insurance Agency
143 E Roosevelt Blvd - Philadelphia, PA 19120 - (215) 457-4995 - View Map
- Pa Auto Insurance Outlet
4901 Frankford Ave - Philadelphia, PA 19124 - (215) 827-0800 - View Map
After you get good feedback to your questions as well as an affordable premium quote, chances are good that you have found an auto insurance agent that is a good match to service your policy.
Your auto insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When selecting insurance from an agent or online, there really is not a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your needs are unique to you and a cookie cutter policy won't apply. For example, these questions may help highlight if you might need professional guidance.
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- Are there any extra discounts I can get?
- What does medical payments cover?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- What is no-fault insurance?
If it's difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with an agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Lower Insurance Rates with These Tips
Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that aid in calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. When you understand what controls the rates you pay, this enables you to make decisions that can help you get big savings.
Shown below are a partial list of the pieces auto insurance companies consider when setting rates.
With age comes responsibility - Teen drivers in Pennsylvania are statistically shown to be inattentive and easily distracted when driving so auto insurance rates are higher. Adding a young driver to your policy can really hurt. Older drivers are more cautious drivers, tend to cause fewer accidents, and usually have better credit.
The following chart uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Be proud to be claim-free - If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims don't be surprised to see higher rates. Car insurance companies in Pennsylvania award cheaper rates to insureds that do not abuse their auto insurance. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of more catastrophic claims.
- Premiums impacted by vehicle usage - The more you drive each year the higher your rate. Many insurance companies charge to insure your cars based on their usage. Cars and trucks that have low annual miles cost less to insure as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Having the wrong rating on your 3 is throwing money out the window. Make sure your auto insurance policy properly reflects annual mileage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Safety first - Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to have better insurance rates. Vehicles engineered for safety have better occupant injury protection and any reduction in injury severity means less money paid by your insurance company passed on to you as lower rates.
- Bundle policies to earn discounts - Lots of auto insurance companies will give better rates for people that purchase more than one policy. It's known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can add up to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even with this discount applied, drivers will still want to compare other Philadelphia 3 insurance rates to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
- Additional coverages that may be costing you - There are a lot of extra add-on coverages that sound like a good idea at the time when buying auto insurance. Insurance for things like personal injury protection, accidental death, and extra equipment coverage may not be needed and are just wasting money. The coverages may be enticing at first, but if you have no use for them get rid of them and save.
Mazda 3 historical loss data - Insurers include the past claim history for a vehicle in order to profitably underwrite each model. Models that are shown to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have higher rates. The next table shows the compiled insurance loss statistics for Mazda 3 vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles compiled together is equal to 100. Percentage values below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while values that are above 100 show a trend for more claims or statistically larger losses.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Mazda 3 Models Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Mazda 3 99 104 96 106 110 103 Mazda 3 Hatchback 91 80 96 81 73 86BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Why car insurance is not optional
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Mazda in Philadelphia, car insurance is required for several reasons.
First, most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to be legal. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your vehicle, almost every bank will require that you buy insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender will be forced to insure your Mazda for a much higher rate and force you to pay for it.
Third, car insurance preserves both your car and your assets. It will also reimburse you for hospital and medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the price paid, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. The average driver in America is overpaying over $750 every year so it's important to compare rates at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Frequent quotes can save
Cost effective Mazda 3 insurance is possible from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Philadelphia, so get free Philadelphia auto insurance quotes from both of them to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who don't offer internet price quotes and these smaller providers sell through independent agents.
When searching for low cost Philadelphia auto insurance quotes, do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are a lot of situations where drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to discover later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your strategy should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Philadelphia Car Insurance for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Real Estate Agents in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Traverse in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Philadelphia Auto Insurance Quotes for Inexperienced Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for 19 Year Olds in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Philadelphia Car Insurance for Police Officers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for 18 Year Olds in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for College Students in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Government Employees in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)