There isn't anyone who loves paying for auto insurance, especially when they could find lower prices if they just compared rates.
Statistics show that nearly 70% of consumers have purchased from the same company for more than four years, and almost half have never taken the time to shop around. Many consumers in Pennsylvania could pocket roughly 55% a year, but they underestimate how much savings they would realize if they bought a different policy.
Because you have many options when it comes to auto insurance, it is very difficult to find the right insurance company.
It's a good idea to get comparison quotes before your next renewal since prices change regularly. Even if you got the lowest quotes on Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid insurance in Philadelphia a few years ago a different company probably has better rates today. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because we're going to demonstrate the fastest way to find better coverage on Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid insurance in Philadelphia at a better price.
Low Cost companies for Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid insurance in Pennsylvania
The companies shown below can provide free rate quotes in Philadelphia, PA. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Verify you're earning every discount
Companies don't always list every discount available very clearly, so here is a list a few of the more common and the harder-to-find credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Homeowners Savings - Owning a home in Philadelphia may earn you a small savings because it is proof that your finances are in order.
- Memberships - Participating in a professional or civic organization could qualify you for a break on your next insurance statement.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints - Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Anti-theft Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and earn discounts up to 10% off your Philadelphia car insurance quote.
- Claim-Free Discount - Drivers with accident-free driving histories get the best insurance rates compared to bad drivers.
We need to note that some credits don't apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So even though you would think you can get free auto insurance, you won't be that lucky. But any discount will definitely lower your overall bill.
For a list of insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Pennsylvania, follow this link.
Insurance Premium Influencing Factors
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that play a part in calculating your car insurance rates. When consumers understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to cheaper rates.
The itemized list below are some of the factors used by your company to calculate rates.
- Employer can influence rates - Do you work in a high-stress field? Careers such as military generals, airline pilots, and medical professionals usually pay higher rates than the rest of us due to stressful work requirements and long work hours. On the flip side, occupations like professors, historians and retirees pay the least.
- Your car's features help determine rates - Selecting a car model that has an advanced theft prevention system can earn a premium discount. Anti-theft devices like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all help prevent auto theft and help lower rates.
- Cheaper rates with high physical damage deductibles - Deductibles for physical damage tell how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket if a covered claim is submitted. Insurance for physical damage to your car, also called 'full coverage', covers damage that occurs to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered would be colliding with a stationary object, hail damage, and having a roll-over accident. The more money you're willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- High performance vehicles cost more to insure - The make and model of the car you drive makes a significant difference in the rate you pay. Smaller low performance passenger cars generally receive the lowest base rates, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
- Bundle policies and save money - Many insurers will give discounts to customers who buy several policies from them in the form of a multi-policy discount. The discount can be five, ten or even twenty percent. If you currently are using one company, drivers will still want to compare Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid rates in Philadelphia to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- Discounts for married couples - Having a wife or husband may cut your premiums when shopping for car insurance. Having a spouse translates into being more stable financially and insurance companies like that married couples file fewer claims.
- Drive fewer miles and save - The more you drive annually the more you'll pay to insure your vehicle. The majority of insurers charge rates based on how the vehicle is used. Vehicles that sit idle most of the time receive better premium rates than those used for commuting. Ask your agent if your car insurance coverage correctly shows the correct usage for each vehicle, because improper ratings can cost you money. Incorrect rating for your Optima Plug-In Hybrid may be costing you higher rates.
- Credit rating impacts premiums - Your credit score will be a significant factor in determining premium rates. If your credit score could use some work, you could be paying less to insure your Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid if you clean up your credit. Insureds that have very good credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers with worse credit.
Get rate quotes but work with a local neighborhood Philadelphia car insurance agent
Some people still prefer to buy from a licensed agent and there is nothing wrong with that. One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is that you can obtain the best rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from and supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is definitely important in Philadelphia.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is instantly submitted to agents in your area that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent instantly to you. You can get cheaper insurance rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you wish to get a comparison quote for a specific company, feel free to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Philadelphia auto insurance agents are either independent or exclusive
If you want a local agent, it's important to understand the types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Agencies in Philadelphia can be described as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that elect to be independent do not work for one specific company and that enables them to quote your coverage through many different insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If you want to switch companies, the business is moved internally and that require little work on your part.
If you need cheaper insurance rates, it's recommended you include several independent insurance agents to maximize your price options.
Below are Philadelphia independent insurance agencies who may provide price quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: Ferullo Insurance Agencies LLC
1636 S Front St - Philadelphia, PA 19148 - (215) 468-4116 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents are contracted to one company such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are unable to shop your coverage around so keep that in mind. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training on what they offer which helps them sell on service rather than price.
The following are Philadelphia exclusive insurance agents that are able to give rate quotes.
Finding the right auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Is the agency active in community causes in Philadelphia?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
Upon receiving reasonable responses to any questions you may have as well as an affordable premium quote, you've probably found an insurance agent that can be trusted to insure your vehicles.
When getting Philadelphia car insurance quotes online, never buy poor coverage just to save money. In many instances, an accident victim reduced collision coverage and learned later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The ultimate goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Low-cost Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid insurance in Philadelphia is definitely available both online and also from your neighborhood Philadelphia agents, so get free Philadelphia car insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies may not have online price quotes and many times these smaller companies only sell through independent agents.
For more information, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- Determining Your Vehicle's Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Felons in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Philadelphia Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Edge? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Safe Drivers in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Self-driving cars won't replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)