Are you researching cheaper insurance rates in Philadelphia, PA? Philadelphia shoppers have many options when shopping for the lowest priced Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance. They can either waste time driving around trying to get quotes or utilize the internet to compare rates.
There is a better way to compare insurance rates and we’ll show you the absolute fastest way to price shop coverage on a Mercedes-Benz and obtain the best price possible from Philadelphia insurance agents and online providers.
This article will introduce you to how car insurance companies work and how you can save the most money. If you have a policy now, you will surely be able to shop for the lowest rates using the techniques presented in this article. You just have to know the fastest way to buy insurance over the internet.
Cheapest companies for Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in Pennsylvania
The car insurance companies shown below are ready to provide free quotes in Pennsylvania. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you get rate quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Save with these discounts on Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in Philadelphia
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always advertise every discount they offer very well, so the next list breaks down a few of the more well known as well as some of the hidden savings tricks you should be using when you buy Philadelphia car insurance online.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles with ABS braking systems or traction control prevent accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Memberships – Belonging to a qualifying organization is a simple method to lower premiums on your next renewal.
- Good Student Discount – This discount can save 20 to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students until age 25.
- Auto/Life Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn lower prices if you buy some life insurance too.
- College Student – Children living away from Philadelphia attending college and don’t have a car could get you a discount.
A quick disclaimer, many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Despite the fact that it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you aren’t that lucky.
Popular auto insurance companies and the discounts they provide are outlined below.
- State Farm discounts include multiple autos, passive restraint, good student, driver’s education, multiple policy, defensive driving training, and safe vehicle.
- Progressive may include discounts for multi-vehicle, online signing, good student, multi-policy, homeowner, online quote discount, and continuous coverage.
- Travelers offers discounts including payment discounts, good student, multi-car, student away at school, home ownership, hybrid/electric vehicle, and IntelliDrive.
- American Family offers premium reductions for mySafetyValet, early bird, good driver, defensive driver, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include newly retired, safety features, multi-policy, new move discount, and hybrid vehicle.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each insurance company to give you their best rates. Discounts may not apply in every state. To find companies that offer some of these discounts in Philadelphia, click here to view.
What Determines Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Insurance Premiums?
It’s important that you understand the rating factors that help determine the level of your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that could help you find much lower annual insurance costs.
- Your location is a factor – Living in a small town is a good thing when buying auto insurance. Drivers who live in large cities have to deal with more traffic problems and more time behind the wheel. Less people living in that area translates into fewer accident claims in addition to fewer liability claims.
- Cheaper prices with safer cars – Safe vehicles tend to have lower insurance rates. The safest vehicles have better occupant injury protection and fewer injuries translates directly to fewer claims and lower rates for you.
- Gender matters – Statistics demonstrate that females tend to be a little less risky than males. That doesn’t necessarily mean that women are BETTER drivers than men. Men and women get in at-fault accidents at about the same rate, but males tend to have higher claims. Men also receive more major tickets such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Males from age 16 to 21 are the most expensive to insure and therefore pay the highest rates.
- Teenagers are high risk – Inexperience drivers have been known to be careless and easily distracted when driving with friends and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher. Parents adding a first-time driver onto a policy can break the bank. Older people are more cautious drivers, tend to cause fewer accidents, and are generally more financially stable.
- Premiums increase with driving tickets – Drivers with clean records have lower premiums as compared to careless drivers. Getting just one moving violation can increase the cost of insurance substantially. Drivers who have received license-revoking tickets such as reckless driving or DUI may find they need to prove financial responsibility to the state department of motor vehicles in order to keep their license.
- Liability insurance risk factors – The liability section of your policy kicks in if you are determined to be liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. It will provide you with a defense in court which can cost a lot. Liability is cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Small claims can cost you – If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you should expect either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Car insurance companies in Pennsylvania generally give lower rates to insureds that do not abuse their auto insurance. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
- Your career may increase premiums – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Occupations like military generals, social workers, and medical professionals are shown to have higher rates than average in part from stressful work requirements and extremely grueling work hours. On the other hand, careers like professors, students and the unemployed receive lower rates.
Always remember that when buying the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your financial needs are unique.
For instance, these questions may help highlight if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Are my custom wheels covered?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG?
- What is an adequate liability insurance limit?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
When should I get advice from a local insurance agent?
Many people still prefer to buy from a licensed agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Agents can make sure you are properly covered and help submit paperwork. A good thing about comparing rates online is that you can find cheaper car insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to. Putting coverage with small agencies is especially important in Philadelphia.
By using this simple form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to search for any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered to your email. If you need to get a rate quote from one company in particular, you can always go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Different types of car insurance agents in Philadelphia
When searching for a reputable insurance agent or broker, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents and how they work. Auto insurance agents are classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both can write policy coverage, but it is important to understand the difference between them because it may have an impact on the type of agent you choose.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents are appointed with more than one company so they can quote policies amongst many companies and find you the best rates. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When comparing rates, we recommend you check rates from at a minimum one independent agency in order to compare the most rates. Most have the option of insuring with smaller companies which can be an advantage.
Below is a list of independent insurance agents in Philadelphia who may provide rate quotes.
- Crossing Insurance Group
4252 Richmond St – Philadelphia, PA 19137 – (215) 321-4990 – View Map
- Eckroth Insurance Group LLC
521 N 22nd St – Philadelphia, PA 19130 – (215) 232-0200 – View Map
- Kowalewski Jawork Insurance Agency Inc
706 S 5th St – Philadelphia, PA 19147 – (215) 922-1222 – View Map
Agents in the exclusive channel have only one company to place business with and examples are Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. They generally cannot compare other company’s rates so always compare other rates. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Consumers often choose to use an exclusive agent primarily because of high brand loyalty instead of buying on price only.
Listed below are exclusive agents in Philadelphia who can help you get comparison quotes.
- George Kweder – State Farm Insurance Agent
1521 W Oregon Ave – Philadelphia, PA 19145 – (215) 467-1837 – View Map
- Mike Hickey – State Farm Insurance Agent
86 Bethlehem Pike – Philadelphia, PA 19118 – (215) 753-1501 – View Map
- Sharon Owens – State Farm Insurance Agent
7034 Frankford Ave – Philadelphia, PA 19135 – (215) 333-5544 – View Map
Deciding on an insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
Quote. Compare. Save.
When shopping online for insurance, make sure you don’t reduce needed coverages to save money. In many cases, an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your objective should be to find the BEST coverage at the best possible price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Consumers switch companies for a variety of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, not issuing a premium refund, delays in responding to claim requests and even poor customer service. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching insurance companies is easier than you think.
We covered a lot of tips how to reduce Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance prices online in Philadelphia. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with the least-expected company.