No sane person likes paying for auto insurance, particularly when they are paying too much.
Inconceivable but true, the vast majority of auto insurance customers renewed their policy with the same company for four years or more, and just under half have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. Many consumers in Pennsylvania can save hundreds of dollars each year just by shopping around, but they underestimate the large savings they would see if they replace their high priced policy. Drivers have many insurers to buy insurance from, and although it’s nice to be able to choose, lots of choices makes it harder to locate the cheapest rates for Pontiac Grand Prix insurance in Philadelphia.
It is always a good idea to do price comparisons yearly because insurance prices are usually higher with each renewal. If you had the lowest rates on Pontiac Grand Prix insurance in Philadelphia a few years ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate quote today. There is too much inaccurate information about Grand Prix insurance on the web, but I’m going to show you some solid techniques on how to find affordable auto insurance in Philadelphia.
Locating the best rates in Philadelphia is actually quite easy if you know where to start. If you are paying for car insurance now, you will surely be able to reduce premiums using the ideas you’re about to read. Consumers only need an understanding of the tricks to buy auto insurance online.
Car insurance providers offering affordable rates in Pennsylvania
The following companies are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Philadelphia, PA. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Get cheaper rates by taking advantage of discounts
Some companies do not advertise every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so we break down both well-publicized and also the lesser-known credits available to you.
- Claim Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents can save substantially when compared to bad drivers.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a new Grand Prix can save you some money compared to insuring an older model.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- E-sign Discounts – A handful of insurance companies provide a small discount for signing up on their website.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you can bundle your home and auto insurance with the same insurance company you may save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
Remember that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Despite the appearance that having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it’s just not the way it works. But any discount will help reduce your auto insurance premiums.
Insurance companies that may offer quotes with many of the previously listed discounts may include but are not limited to:
If you need low cost Philadelphia auto insurance quotes, ask each company or agent which credits you are entitled to. Discounts may not apply to policyholders in your state. To see a list of insurers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Philadelphia, click here to view.
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
When quoting and choosing coverage, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. You are unique.
These are some specific questions could help you determine whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Are insurance agents of importance?
Many drivers would rather visit with an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Good insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and give you someone to call. An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you can get cheap rate quotes and still have a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to agents in your area who will give you bids and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to do any legwork as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. If you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Finding the right insurer requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
After getting good responses in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you have narrowed it down to a company that is reputable and can properly insure your vehicles.
Persistence pays off
Consumers leave their current company for any number of reasons including policy cancellation, being labeled a high risk driver, poor customer service and even unfair underwriting practices. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new company is less work than it seems.
When you buy Philadelphia auto insurance online, make sure you don’t buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced collision coverage and learned later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible at the best cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
In this article, we presented a lot of ways to get a better price on Pontiac Grand Prix insurance in Philadelphia. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of getting affordable Pontiac Grand Prix insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from the smaller companies.
Much more information about car insurance in Pennsylvania can be found at the links below
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Immigrants in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- How Much is Philadelphia Auto Insurance for Drivers Requiring a SR22? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for High School Students in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)