Want lower-priced Porsche Cayman insurance in Philadelphia? If you’re trying to find lower-priced insurance on the web, are you baffled by the wide range of car insurance choices in your area? Many other drivers are too. Vehicle owners have so many choices that it can quickly become more work than you anticipated to find the perfect company for you. Everyone knows that Philadelphia has many things to offer, but having to pay for pricey car insurance can make it difficult for lots of drivers to pay other bills every month.
It’s a fact that insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Drivers who shop around once a year will probably switch to a new company because there is a high probability of finding a policy with better rates. A survey found that drivers who regularly compared price quotes saved an average of $865 annually compared to policyholders who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the lowest price on car insurance in Philadelphia is your target objective, then having some insight into how to get free comparison quotes and analyze insurance rates can make it simple to find affordable coverage.
Most larger insurance companies such as State Farm and Allstate allow consumers to get pricing online. Getting online quotes for Porsche Cayman insurance in Philadelphia is pretty easy as you simply type in the coverages you want as detailed in the form. Once entered, the system will order information on your driving record and credit history and returns pricing information based on the data you entered.
Being able to quote online for Porsche Cayman insurance in Philadelphia makes comparing rates easy, and it’s also necessary to perform this step if you are searching for cheaper auto insurance pricing.
In order to compare pricing, compare rates from the companies below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you enter deductibles and limits identical to your current policy. This helps ensure you will get comparison quotes for exact coverage.
The companies in the list below can provide free quotes in Philadelphia, PA. If multiple providers are shown, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Insurance rate breakdown
The rate information shown next outlines detailed analysis of insurance coverage prices for Porsche Cayman models. Learning as much as possible about how insurance policy premiums are determined is important for you to make smart buying decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Cayman 2-Dr Coupe||$246||$520||$346||$20||$104||$1,236||$103|
|Cayman S 2-Dr Coupe||$246||$580||$346||$20||$104||$1,296||$108|
|Get Your Own Customized Quote Go|
Prices based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Pennsylvania minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Prices do not factor in specific location which can influence prices significantly.
The illustration below demonstrates how deductible levels and can impact Porsche Cayman insurance costs for different age categories. The information is based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Accidents and violations increase rates
The illustration below shows how speeding tickets and at-fault collisions can drive up Porsche Cayman insurance costs for different age categories. The data is based on a married male driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Age-based car insurance rates by gender
The example below visualizes the comparison of Porsche Cayman insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no accidents, no driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are factored in.
Full coverage rates compared to liability-only
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Porsche Cayman insurance costs with full coverage and liability only. The data assumes no violations or claims, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied.
Should you be buying full coverage?
There is no clear-cut formula of when to eliminate full coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than around 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Porsche Cayman settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would get paid by your company is $2,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying in excess of $200 annually for physical damage coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some circumstances where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good idea. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not remove full coverage.
Why you need quality insurance for your Porsche Cayman
Despite the high insurance cost for a Porsche Cayman in Philadelphia, buying car insurance is required in Pennsylvania but also provides important benefits.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability protection in order to drive the car. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, it’s most likely the lender will require that you have physical damage coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Porsche at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards not only your car but also your assets. Insurance will pay for medical bills for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If you have damage to your Porsche as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. But the average driver in Pennsylvania is overpaying more than $865 each year so you should quote and compare rates each time the policy renews to make sure the price is not too high.
Cheap Porsche Cayman insurance quotes in Philadelphia
Companies don’t always list every possible discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the following list contains both the well known and also the more inconspicuous credits that may apply to you.
- No Charge for an Accident – This one is not really a discount per se, but some insurance companies may permit one accident without raising rates as long as you don’t have any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Paperless Signup – Some larger companies provide a small discount for buying your policy online.
- Resident Student – Kids who are attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may get savings of more than 20%.
Just know that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the appearance that having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The chart below compares Porsche Cayman car insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The premium estimates are based on a male driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Pennsylvania state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, marriage, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Larger car insurance companies and some of the discounts are detailed below.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-vehicle, multi-policy, continuous coverage, good student, online signing, and online quote discount.
- AAA has savings for multi-policy, good driver, education and occupation, anti-theft, and AAA membership discount.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including early shopping, youthful driver, teen driver, business and professional, alternative fuel, electronic funds transfer, and homeowner.
- GEICO includes discounts for driver training, federal employee, good student, multi-policy, five-year accident-free, and seat belt use.
- Esurance may include discounts for anti-theft, emergency road assistance, good driver, paid-in-full, Switch & Save, and anti-lock brakes.
- SAFECO has discounts for multi-car, drive less, teen safe driver, bundle discounts, and homeowner.
- State Farm may offer discounts for good student, anti-theft, driver’s education, good driver, multiple autos, multiple policy, and passive restraint.
Double check with each company or agent how many discounts you can get. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered in Philadelphia. To locate car insurance companies who offer cheap Porsche Cayman insurance quotes in Pennsylvania, follow this link.
Tailor your car insurance coverage to you
Always keep in mind that when comparing proper insurance coverage, there really is no one size fits all plan. Each situation is unique.
For example, these questions may help highlight whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Should I rate my Porsche Cayman as pleasure use or commute?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a neighborhood Philadelphia auto insurance agent
Some consumers would rather buy from a local agent and we recommend doing that A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, the quote information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Philadelphia who will return price quotes for your car insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to do any legwork since rate quotes are delivered instantly to you. You can find the lowest rates without requiring a lot of work. If you need to get a price quote from a specific company, just navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking the best insurance company requires more thought than just the quoted price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Philadelphia?
Do you need an independent or exclusive auto insurance agent?
If you need to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are two different agency structures and how they operate. Insurance agencies in Philadelphia are either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive agencies can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. These agents are not able to provide rate quotes from other companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are highly trained on sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. Many people buy insurance from these agents primarily because of high brand loyalty and strong financial ratings.
Shown below are exclusive agents in Philadelphia who may provide you with price quote information.
- Alden Thomas – State Farm Insurance Agent
7983 Oxford Ave – Philadelphia, PA 19111 – (215) 745-3700 – View Map
- State Farm – Adam Hutcheon
1436 Fairmount Ave – Philadelphia, PA 19130 – (215) 765-2686 – View Map
- Jerry Gregory – State Farm Insurance Agent
2999 Welsh Rd – Philadelphia, PA 19152 – (215) 338-3313 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents are not employed by one company so they can insure your vehicles with any number of different companies and potentially find a lower price. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can switch companies which is easy for the insured.
When comparing car insurance prices, it’s a good idea to include multiple independent agents to have the best price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with smaller mutual companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Listed below are Philadelphia independent insurance agents willing to provide price quotes.
- The Gannon Insurance Agency Inc
2704 Street Rd – Bensalem, PA 19020 – (215) 891-9990 – View Map
- Larry Lewis Insurance Agency, LLC
4548 Market St #208 – Philadelphia, PA 19139 – (215) 243-4110 – View Map
- Wade Insurance Agency
143 E Roosevelt Blvd – Philadelphia, PA 19120 – (215) 457-4995 – View Map
Insurance coverage specifics
Having a good grasp of your insurance policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage for your vehicles. Insurance terms can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Coverage for liability
This provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to other people or property that is your fault. Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have limits of 15/30/5 which stand for $15,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $30,000, and a total limit of $5,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage pays for things like medical services, funeral expenses, medical expenses and legal defense fees. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but consider buying as large an amount as possible. Pennsylvania state minimum liability requirements are 15/30/5 but drivers should carry higher limits.
The illustration below shows why buying low liability limits may not be enough.
Comprehensive insurance covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as vandalism, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, fire damage and damage from flooding. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Coverage for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for expenses for things like ambulance fees, chiropractic care, pain medications and dental work. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
This coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Porsche Cayman.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (15/30/5 in Pennsylvania), their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family.
Auto collision coverage
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for claims such as crashing into a ditch, backing into a parked car, driving through your garage door and crashing into a building. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. You can also raise the deductible on your Cayman to get cheaper collision coverage.
Get the best coverage at the best price
In this article, we covered a lot of information how to get a better price on Porsche Cayman insurance in Philadelphia. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding the cheapest Porsche Cayman rate quotes. Consumers could even find that the best price on auto insurance is with some of the smallest insurance companies.
When you buy Philadelphia auto insurance online, do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many instances, an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The proper strategy is to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
Consumers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including lack of trust in their agent, extreme rates for teen drivers, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or even high rates after DUI convictions. Whatever your reason, choosing a new insurance company is actually quite simple.
More learning opportunities
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest Philadelphia Auto Insurance Rates for Ride Shares? (FAQ)
- How Much are Philadelphia Auto Insurance Quotes for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Teenagers in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Philadelphia Car Insurance for Police Officers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Philadelphia Car Insurance for Used Cars? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Philadelphia Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford Fusion? (FAQ)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)