How many times have you told yourself to find low-cost Jaguar S-Type insurance in Philadelphia? Finding better insurance prices for a new or used Jaguar S-Type in Pennsylvania can normally be an all-consuming task, but you can learn our car insurance buying tips to make it easier. There are both good and bad ways to find car insurance online and we’ll show you the proper way to get price quotes for your Jaguar and locate the best price possible either online or from Philadelphia insurance agents.
It’s a known fact that insurance companies don’t want you to look for a cheaper policy. Insureds who shop around for cheaper rates are highly likely to move their business because of the high probability of finding a policy with better rates. A recent survey revealed that consumers who compared rate quotes regularly saved on average $3,450 over four years as compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If saving the most money on Jaguar S-Type insurance in Philadelphia is your intention, then understanding how to choose a company and compare cheaper coverage can make the process more efficient.
It’s a good habit to price shop coverage at least once a year because rates change regularly. Even if you think you had the best rate on Jaguar S-Type insurance in Philadelphia two years ago you may be paying too much now. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because I’m going to teach you the things you must know in order to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
Informed Consumers Save Money
One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of the factors that play a part in calculating your premiums. When you understand what impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that could result in lower rates.
The factors shown below are a partial list of the pieces that factor into premiums.
Careless drivers pay higher rates – Drivers who don’t get tickets tend to pay less for car insurance as compared to those with violations. Even a single citation can increase the cost of insurance by as much as twenty percent. Drivers who have gotten dangerous violations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence might be required by their state to file a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to continue driving.
Gaps in coverage mean higher rates – Having an insurance coverage lapse is a sure-fire way to drive up your policy premiums. And not only will insurance be more expensive, failure to provide proof of insurance may result in fines and jail time.
Incidental coverages can cost a lot – Insurance companies have many extra coverages that may not really be needed if you aren’t diligent. Insurance for rental car coverage, high-cost glass coverage, and extra equipment coverage may be costing you every month. They may seem good at first, but if you’ve never needed them in the past get rid of them and save.
Insurance rates in urban areas – Choosing to live in a rural area may provide you with better prices when it comes to auto insurance. People in densely populated areas tend to have traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. Less people living in that area corresponds to lower accident rates.
Are you male or female? – Statistics have proven that women are safer drivers than men. Now that doesn’t mean men are worse drivers. Women and men get in at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. In addition to higher claims, males also get ticketed for serious violations like DUI and reckless driving. Male teenagers cause the most accidents and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
Having a spouse reduces risk – Being married may earn you lower rates when buying auto insurance. It generally demonstrates drivers are more responsible it has been statistically shown that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
Shop Jaguar S-Type insurance online
Finding low cost Philadelphia auto insurance prices is actually quite simple. Consumers just need to take the time comparing price quotes online from several insurance companies.
The providers in the list below provide price quotes in Pennsylvania. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Buying the right S-Type insurance in Pennsylvania is an important decision
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Jaguar S-Type in Philadelphia, maintaining insurance serves an important purpose.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your S-Type has a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it a condition of the loan that you carry insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your Jaguar at a more expensive rate and require you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards both your Jaguar and your assets. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the cost, especially for larger claims. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying more than $830 a year so compare quotes from several companies every year to save money.
Get cheaper Jaguar S-Type insurance rates in Philadelphia
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but there’s a good chance there are discounts to cut the cost considerably. Certain credits will be shown at the time of purchase, but occasionally some discounts must be manually applied before being credited. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you qualify for, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags could see savings as much as 30%.
- ABS Brakes – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Participating in a defensive driver course could save 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Drivers who insure primary and secondary vehicles on the same insurance policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Life Insurance Discount – Larger insurance companies have a small discount if you purchase some life insurance too.
- Active Service Discounts – Being deployed in the military could mean lower prices.
- Philadelphia Homeowners Pay Less – Simply owning a home can save you money because owning a home requires personal responsibility.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle up can save a little off PIP or medical payments premium.
- No Claim Discounts – Drivers who don’t have accidents can earn big discounts compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- New Car Discount – Buying insurance coverage on a new vehicle can cost up to 25% less since new model year vehicles have better safety ratings.
Consumers should know that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Even though the math looks like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Insurance companies that possibly offer many of the previously listed discounts may include but are not limited to:
When comparing rates, check with every insurance company which discounts they offer. Some credits may not be available in every state. To see insurers with significant discounts in Philadelphia, click this link.
Buying from insurance agents
Some consumers just prefer to talk to an insurance agent and we recommend doing that Insurance agents are trained risk managers and will help you if you have claims. An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is you can get lower premium rates and still buy from a local agent.
Upon completion of this short form, your coverage information gets sent to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes for your business. You won’t even need to find an agent on your own due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. If you wish to get a price quote for a specific company, feel free to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right provider is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Philadelphia?
Multiple types of auto insurance agents in Philadelphia
If you are wanting to find an insurance agent, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies in Philadelphia may be either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either one can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s important to point out the difference between them since it can impact the kind of agent you use.
Agents in the exclusive channel write business for a single company such as Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. They usually cannot place coverage with different providers so keep that in mind. They are usually quite knowledgeable in insurance sales which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers sometimes buy from the same agent for years primarily because of the prominent brand name and strong financial ratings.
Below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Philadelphia who may provide you with price quote information.
- John Nicolucci – State Farm Insurance Agent
6001 Ridge Ave – Philadelphia, PA 19128 – (215) 482-7000 – View Map
- State Farm: Brian Cover
7005 Bustleton Ave – Philadelphia, PA 19149 – (215) 332-9000 – View Map
- Jerry Gregory – State Farm Insurance Agent
2999 Welsh Rd – Philadelphia, PA 19152 – (215) 338-3313 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that elect to be independent do not write with just one company so they can quote policies with lots of companies and find the cheapest rate. If you want to switch companies, they can switch companies in-house and you can keep the same agent. When comparing auto insurance prices, you definitely need to get insurance quotes from several independent agencies to have the most options to choose from. Most have the option of insuring with small regional insurance companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agents in Philadelphia willing to provide price quote information.
- HandM Insurance Agency
5829 Rising Sun Ave – Philadelphia, PA 19120 – (215) 745-8001 – View Map
- Eckroth Insurance Group LLC
521 N 22nd St – Philadelphia, PA 19130 – (215) 232-0200 – View Map
- Burg Insurance
2707 Kirkbride St – Philadelphia, PA 19137 – (215) 744-4100 – View Map
Shop smart and save
The cheapest Jaguar S-Type insurance in Philadelphia is possible on the web as well as from insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers do not provide the ability to get quotes online and usually these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent agencies.
In this article, we presented some good ideas how to shop for Jaguar S-Type insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding low cost Philadelphia car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest prices come from a small local company.
Consumers who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including being labeled a high risk driver, unfair underwriting practices, delays in paying claims and even poor customer service. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a great new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
More information is available below:
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Philadelphia Auto Insurance Rates for Ride Shares? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for 4×4 Vehicles in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Philadelphia Car Insurance for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Honda Accord in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for a Toyota Tacoma in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)