Do you want an efficient way to compare the cheapest Kia Borrego insurance in Philadelphia? If you’re looking for lower-priced insurance online, do you get overwhelmed by the crazy number of insurance companies that you can choose from? You’re not alone. You have so many companies available that it can really be a ton of work to find the perfect company for you. If you live there, you know that Philadelphia is a great city to raise a family in, but having to pay for pricey insurance makes it difficult to be able to afford adequate coverage.
Unbelievable but true, the vast majority of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for well over three years, and nearly half have never even shopped around for cheap coverage. Most drivers in Pennsylvania could save as much as 55% a year just by shopping around, but most tend to underestimate the benefits if they switched to a more affordable policy.
Consumers should take time to compare prices once or twice a year because insurance rates change frequently. If you had the best deal on Kia Borrego insurance in Philadelphia on your last policy there may be better deals available now. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because it’s time to teach you the quickest way to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
Slash your car insurance rates with discounts
Some companies don’t necessarily list every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so we break down both well-publicized in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to bring down your rates.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being deployed in the military could mean lower car insurance rates.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Safe drivers can save up to 40% or more on their Philadelphia car insurance quote than drivers with accident claims.
- Accident Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay less when compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Senior Discount – Mature drivers can possibly qualify for a small discount on rates.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This isn’t a discount exactly, but some insurance companies permit an accident before your rates go up with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Early Switch Discount – Some insurance companies give discounts for buying a policy early. It could save around 10% when you buy Philadelphia car insurance online.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency so companies will give you a small discount.
- Professional Memberships – Being in a professional or civic organization can get you a small discount on your policy.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking a class that teaches defensive driver techniques can save you 5% or more and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- ABS Brakes – Cars with anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive so companies give up to a 10% discount.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
A few popular companies and their offered discounts are included below.
- GEICO has discounts for five-year accident-free, air bags, anti-theft, daytime running lights, and multi-policy.
- MetLife discounts include good driver, accident-free, multi-policy, good student, claim-free, and defensive driver.
- Progressive may offer discounts for online signing, homeowner, continuous coverage, good student, online quote discount, and multi-policy.
- Travelers has savings for good student, multi-policy, hybrid/electric vehicle, save driver, driver training, IntelliDrive, and home ownership.
- SAFECO may include discounts for safe driver, teen safety rewards, multi-car, teen safe driver, and bundle discounts.
- AAA includes discounts for good driver, multi-car, AAA membership discount, education and occupation, anti-theft, and multi-policy.
If you want low cost Philadelphia car insurance quotes, ask every company to give you their best rates. Depending on the company, some discounts might not apply in every state. To find insurance companies with discount rates in Philadelphia, click here to view.
When price shopping your coverage, comparing more prices helps you find the best rates. Not every company allows you to get Philadelphia Borrego insurance quotes over the internet, so it’s important to also get quotes from those companies as well.
The car insurance companies shown below offer price quotes in Philadelphia, PA. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Kia Borrego Insurance Premium Factors
Multiple criteria are considered when you get a price on insurance. Some factors are common sense like your driving record, although others are more obscure like your vehicle usage or how financially stable you are.
The itemized list below are a few of the things used by insurance companies to determine your prices.
- Having a spouse equates to better premiums – Walking down the aisle actually saves money when shopping for insurance. It translates into being more mature it has been statistically shown that married couples file fewer claims.
- Youthful driver insurance prices – Drivers with little experience are statistically proven to be more careless in a vehicle so they pay higher insurance rates. Older people have been proven to be more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and are generally more financially stable.
- Safer vehicles cost less to insure – Safer cars can get you lower premiums. Vehicles engineered for safety have better occupant injury protection and lower injury rates translates into savings for insurance companies and more competitive rates for policyholders.
- Pay more of a claim out-of-pocket – Insurance for physical damage, also called ‘full coverage’, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Examples of covered claims are a broken side mirror, flood damage, or theft. The deductibles are the amount of money the insured will be required to pay if the claim is covered. The more of the claim you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
- Only buy incidental coverages you need – There are quite a few extra coverages that may not really be needed if you aren’t diligent. Coverage for things like roadside assistance, accidental death, and membership fees may be wasting your money. These coverages may sound good when talking to your agent, but now you might not need them so get rid of them and save.
- Vehicle risk influences rates – The performance level of the car you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a substantial difference in the rate you pay. Low performance passenger cars usually have the lowest premiums, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
- Drive less and pay lower prices – Driving a lot of miles in a year’s time the more it will cost to insure it. A lot of companies calculate rates based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Autos that sit idle most of the time qualify for better rates compared to those used for work or business. Double check that your insurance policy is showing the proper vehicle usage. Having the wrong rating on your Borrego is throwing money out the window.
Local Philadelphia insurance agents
Many drivers still prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is not a bad decision The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheap car insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, the coverage information is transmitted to companies in Philadelphia that provide free Philadelphia car insurance quotes for your business. There is no need to contact any agents because prices are sent immediately to you. You can find better rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from one company in particular, you can always navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing the best insurer should include more criteria than just a cheap price. Any good agent in Philadelphia should know the answers to these questions.
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
Below are Philadelphia auto insurance companies that may be able to provide comparison quotes for Kia Borrego insurance in Philadelphia.
- Gallo Insurance Agency
617 S 18th St – Philadelphia, PA 19146 – (215) 545-9500 – View Map
- Wanda Dancy – State Farm Insurance Agent
2805 N 47th St, FL-1 – Philadelphia, PA 19131 – (215) 871-3390 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Ferullo Insurance Agencies LLC
1636 S Front St – Philadelphia, PA 19148 – (215) 468-4116 – View Map
- Philadelphia Insurance Companies
231 St Asaphs Rd #100 – Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004 – (610) 617-7900 – View Map
Car insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost, insurance serves an important purpose.
First, most states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your Kia Borrego has a lienholder, most banks will make it mandatory that you carry insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Kia for a lot more money and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
Third, car insurance protects both your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you cause an accident and are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your car are definitely more than the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Today the average American driver overpays more than $800 each year so shop around once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Compare. Compare. Compare.
As you prepare to switch companies, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many instances, someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to discover later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price, but do not skimp to save money.
Lower-priced Kia Borrego insurance in Philadelphia is attainable both online as well as from insurance agents, so get free Philadelphia car insurance quotes from both of them so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies don’t offer online rate quotes and most of the time these smaller providers sell through local independent agents.
Drivers who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as denial of a claim, not issuing a premium refund, unfair underwriting practices and even policy non-renewal. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new company can be less work than you think.
Additional detailed information can be read at these sites:
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Business Use in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Good Students in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)