How many times have you said it's time to compare lower-priced auto insurance rates in Philadelphia, PA? Philadelphia consumers have options when looking for low-cost Kia Niro insurance. They can either spend hours struggling with agents trying to get quotes or leverage the internet to find the lowest rates. There is a better way to buy auto insurance so you're going to learn the best way to quote coverages for your Kia and get the lowest price from Philadelphia insurance agents and online providers.
It's a good habit to quote other rates before your policy renews since insurance prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Despite the fact that you may have had the best deal on Kia Niro insurance in Philadelphia a few years ago there may be better deals available now. There is too much inaccurate information about Niro insurance online but I'm going to show you some guaranteed methods to find affordable auto insurance in Philadelphia.
Choosing the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Philadelphia is not that difficult as long as you know where to start. If you have coverage now, you stand a good chance to be able to save money using the ideas you're about to read. Drivers just need to use the most efficient way to shop their coverage around using one simple form.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide quotes in Pennsylvania. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Discount Philadelphia car insurance quotes
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you may qualify for discounts that you may not even be aware of. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time of quoting, but lesser-known reductions have to be inquired about before being credited.
- Claim Free - Drivers who don't have accidents can save substantially as opposed to drivers who are more careless.
- Own a Home and Save - Being a homeowner can earn you a little savings since owning and maintaining a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Defensive Driver - Participating in a course teaching defensive driver skills is a good idea and can lower rates if your company offers it.
- Good Driver Discounts - Insureds who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% as compared to drivers with claims.
- E-sign - Certain larger companies will give you a small discount for buying your policy on their website.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles have fewer accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Seat Belts Save - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts may be able to save a few bucks off the personal injury premium cost.
- Savings for New Vehicles - Buying a new car model can get you a discount because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
Consumers should know that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though the math looks like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you're out of luck.
Auto insurance companies who may offer some of the above discounts are:
When getting a coverage quote, ask every insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts listed above might not be offered on policies in your area. To locate companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Philadelphia, click this link.
Philadelphia Insurance Costs are Influenced by These Factors
The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at some of the factors that are used to determine your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what determines premiums, this allows you to make good choices that may result in cheaper rates.
The itemized list below are some of the major factors used by companies to determine your rate level.
- Don't cut corners with liability protection - Liability coverage is the coverage that protects you if ever a jury decides you are liable for an accident. Liability insurance provides you with a defense in court starting from day one. This coverage is relatively inexpensive when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
- Deter vehicle theft - Choosing to buy a car with an alarm system can get you a discount on your insurance. Anti-theft features like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all hinder your vehicle from being stolen.
- Higher rates for demanding jobs - Occupations such as military generals, airline pilots, and financial analysts generally have higher premiums than the average policyholder due to intense work situations and long work days. On the flip side, jobs like farmers, engineers and retirees receive lower rates.
- Do you know your comp and collision deductibles? - Your deductibles state the amount of money you are willing to pay before a claim is paid by your company. Protection for physical damage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, insures against damage to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered are collision with another vehicle, collision with a deer, and damage caused by road hazards. The larger the amount the insured has to pay upfront, the lower your rates will be.
Local Philadelphia car insurance agents
A lot of people just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and often times that is recommended Most agents can help you choose the best coverages and help you file claims. One of the benefits of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your insurance data gets sent to local insurance agents that provide free Philadelphia car insurance quotes for your car insurance coverage. You don't have to contact any agents due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a particular provider, feel free to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Picking the best provider should depend on more than just a cheap price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Philadelphia?
When narrowing the list to find a local Philadelphia insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies in Philadelphia are categorized either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both types of agents can write car insurance policies, but we need to point out the difference in how they write coverage since it may influence your agent selection.
Exclusive agents can usually just insure with one company such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. These agents are unable to compare other company's rates so keep that in mind. These agents are very knowledgeable in insurance sales which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some insured continue to choose to use a exclusive agent primarily because of the prominent brand name rather than low price.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Philadelphia that are able to give price quote information.
- Trish Floyd - State Farm Insurance Agent
7706 Castor Ave - Philadelphia, PA 19152 - (215) 725-3000 - View Map
- State Farm - Philadelphia - Thanh Pham
254 S 10th St - Philadelphia, PA 19107 - (215) 238-7400 - View Map
- Dave Penning - State Farm Insurance Agent
2962 Robbins Ave - Philadelphia, PA 19149 - (215) 537-8050 - View Map
Independent agencies do not write with just one company so they can quote policies with lots of companies and get you the best rates possible. If they quote lower rates, an independent agent can move your coverage which is easy for the insured. When comparing rate quotes, we recommend you contact multiple independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. Many write coverage with smaller regional carriers which could offer lower prices.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agents in Philadelphia that can give you comparison quotes.
- Eckroth Insurance Group LLC
521 N 22nd St - Philadelphia, PA 19130 - (215) 232-0200 - View Map
- Philadelphia Insurance Companies
231 St Asaphs Rd #100 - Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004 - (610) 617-7900 - View Map
- The Gannon Insurance Agency Inc
2704 Street Rd - Bensalem, PA 19020 - (215) 891-9990 - View Map
When in doubt talk to an agent
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage, there is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else's.
These are some specific questions may help you determine if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Do I have newly-acquired coverage?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
If it's difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Don't give up on cheaper rates
More affordable car insurance in Philadelphia can be sourced on the web in addition to many Philadelphia insurance agents, so you need to quote Philadelphia car insurance with both to have the best rate selection. A few companies do not provide rate quotes online and most of the time these small, regional companies work with independent insurance agents.
Drivers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including questionable increases in premium, extreme rates for teen drivers, policy non-renewal and even denial of a claim. It doesn't matter why you want to switch switching companies is easier than you think.
When you buy Philadelphia car insurance online, it's not a good idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, someone sacrificed full coverage only to regret at claim time that it was a big mistake. The aim is to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Helpful learning opportunities
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Corolla in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- How Much is Philadelphia Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 50? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Highlander in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Philadelphia Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford Fusion? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Government Employees in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)