If you are new to online insurance, it’s easy to be bewildered thanks to all the different types insurance agents and companies selling insurance in Philadelphia.
It’s shocking but a large majority of drivers kept their policy with the same company for more than four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never shopped around. Many drivers in Philadelphia can cut their rates by $686 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just feel it’s too hard to do a rate comparison.
If you have insurance now, you will most likely be able to find the best rates using these techniques. Finding quotes for affordable protection in Philadelphia is easy to do. Although Pennsylvania car owners do need to understand the methods companies use to determine how much to charge and use this information to your advantage.
The best way we recommend to compare insurance rates in your area takes advantage of the fact most insurance companies provide online access to compare their rates. To get started, all you need to do is take a few minutes to give details such as if you have a valid license, if you’re married, whether the vehicles are used for commuting, and driver ages. That rating information is instantly sent to multiple auto insurance providers and you will get price comparisons almost instantly.
To compare rates for your Lexus GS F now, click here and see if a lower rate is available in Philadelphia.
The following companies can provide free quotes in Philadelphia, PA. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you get rates from several of them to get the most affordable price.
Cheap Philadelphia car insurance quotes with discounts
Companies that sell car insurance do not list all their discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list both the well known as well as the least known credits that may apply to you.
- Cautious Driver Discounts – Insureds without accidents may save up to 50% more than their less cautious counterparts.
- Clubs and Organizations – Participating in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could trigger savings on your policy.
- Employee of Federal Government – Simply working for the federal government can save as much as 8% with a few car insurance companies.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By making one initial payment instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company you will save at least 10% off all policies.
- Defensive Driver – Successfully completing a course in driver safety could save 5% or more and also improve your driving technique.
- Smart Student Discounts – Performing well in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The discount lasts until age 25.
- Seat Belts Save – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the medical payments premium.
Policy discounts save money, but many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Despite the appearance that having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you aren’t that lucky. Any qualifying discounts will help lower your overall premium however.
Larger car insurance companies and their possible discounts can be read below.
- State Farm may include discounts for good driver, safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, driver’s education, passive restraint, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including distant student, switch companies, good student, business and professional, multi-car, and homeowner.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including air bags, driver training, anti-theft, five-year accident-free, military active duty, and multi-vehicle.
- American Family offers premium reductions for good student, Steer into Savings, bundled insurance, air bags, and TimeAway discount.
- Nationwide may offer discounts for defensive driving, Farm Bureau membership, anti-theft, family plan, business or organization, and good student.
- Progressive discounts include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online quote discount, continuous coverage, homeowner, good student, and online signing.
It’s a good idea to ask each company which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts listed above might not be available to policyholders in Philadelphia. To find providers offering car insurance discounts in Pennsylvania, click here to view.
Informed Drivers Can Lower Their Insurance Premiums
Multiple criteria are used in the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving record, but other factors are less obvious like where you live and annual miles driven.
Stay claim-free and save money – Insurance companies in Pennsylvania award lower rates to policyholders who are not frequent claim filers. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can expect higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
Big cities mean more claims – Living in a rural area is a positive aspect when insuring your vehicles. Residents of big cities have to deal with more auto accidents and more severe claims. Less people living in that area means fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate.
Drive less and get lower premiums – The more you drive your Lexus annually the higher your rates will be. A lot of insurance companies apply a rate based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks not used for work or commuting qualify for better rates than those used for commuting. Improper usage on your GS F can result in significantly higher rates. It’s always a good idea to double check that your insurance policy is rated on how each vehicle is driven, because it can save money.
Tickets can be expensive – How you drive impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Only having one speeding ticket can bump up the cost by as much as twenty percent. Careful drivers pay less for auto insurance as compared to those with violations. Drivers who have received severe violations like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may find they need to complete a SR-22 with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to drive a vehicle legally.
Always keep your insurance in force – Letting your insurance expire will be a quick way to bump up your insurance costs. In addition to paying higher premiums, being ticketed for driving with no insurance could result in a revoked license or a big fine. You may need to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Pennsylvania motor vehicle department.
When should I contact a local insurance agent?
Many people would rather talk to an insurance agent and that can be a great decision One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is that you can find the lowest rates but also keep your business local.
By using this short form, your information is transmitted to agents in your area who want to provide quotes for your business. You won’t even need to even leave your home because quoted prices will be sent directly to you. You can find the lowest rates and work with a local agent. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a particular provider, just go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Picking a company is decision based upon more than just the price. Any agent in Philadelphia should have no problem answering these questions:
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
If you are searching for local Philadelphia agents, there are a couple of types of insurance agents that you can choose from. Philadelphia agents can either be exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive agents can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. They generally cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are usually well trained in insurance sales which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Consumers frequently use the same agent mainly due to the prominence of the brand rather than having the cheapest rates.
Below is a short list of exclusive agents in Philadelphia who may provide you with price quotes.
- Alden Thomas – State Farm Insurance Agent
7983 Oxford Ave – Philadelphia, PA 19111 – (215) 745-3700 – View Map
- Kevin Lowber – State Farm Insurance Agent
1347 E Hunting Park Ave – Philadelphia, PA 19124 – (215) 533-9010 – View Map
- Dave Penning – State Farm Insurance Agent
2962 Robbins Ave – Philadelphia, PA 19149 – (215) 537-8050 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that elect to be independent are not locked into one company and that gives them the ability to insure through many companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If they find a cheaper price, they simply switch companies in-house and you don’t have to switch agencies.
When searching for an agent, you will definitely want to get quotes from a couple of independent agencies to get the best comparison. A lot of them also have access to companies you’ve never heard of that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Listed below is a short list of independent agents in Philadelphia that are able to give price quote information.
- Eckroth Insurance Group LLC
521 N 22nd St – Philadelphia, PA 19130 – (215) 232-0200 – View Map
- Crossing Insurance Group
4252 Richmond St – Philadelphia, PA 19137 – (215) 321-4990 – View Map
- Nigro Insurance Agency
35 Letitia St – Philadelphia, PA 19106 – (215) 278-9633 – View Map
Find cheaper rates by comparing often
As you quote Philadelphia car insurance, it’s very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. The ultimate goal is to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price.
People switch companies for many reasons like denial of a claim, policy non-renewal, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and even delays in paying claims. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching companies can be pretty painless.
In this article, we covered some good ideas how you can save on Lexus GS F insurance in Philadelphia. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even discover the best auto insurance rates are with the smaller companies.
Additional car insurance information is located at these links:
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Subaru Outback in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a Honda CR-V in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Philadelphia Auto Insurance Rates After a Speeding Ticket? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for 16 Year Olds in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Male in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)