Saving money on Lexus IS 200t insurance in Philadelphia may be kind of frustrating for drivers who are new to quoting and comparing prices online. Drivers have so many companies to choose from that it can quickly become a lot of work to locate the lowest price in Pennsylvania.
It's amazing but the vast majority of consumers have remained with the same auto insurance company for over three years, and about 40% of consumers have never shopped around. Philadelphia drivers could save themselves $686 a year, but they don't understand how simple it is to do a rate comparison.
If you are already insured, you will be able to buy cheaper auto insurance using the tips covered below. Buying affordable protection in Philadelphia is not as difficult as people think. Although Pennsylvania consumers should learn how the larger insurance companies sell insurance online because rates fluctuate considerably.
Best companies for Lexus IS 200t insurance
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Philadelphia, PA. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Seven discounts for affordable car insurance rates
Car insurance companies don't always advertise the complete list of policy discounts very well, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious savings tricks you should be using when you buy Philadelphia car insurance online.
- Air Bag Discount - Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may get savings of 20% or more.
- Auto/Life Discount - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a discounted price on car insurance if you buy life insurance from them.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - Not really a discount, but some insurance companies permit an accident without getting socked with a rate hike if your claims history is clear for a specific time period.
- Cautious Drivers - Accident-free drivers can pay as much as 50% less than their less cautious counterparts.
- Distant Student - Children who attend college more than 100 miles from Philadelphia and do not take a car to college may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Early Signing - Some larger companies reward drivers for buying a new policy before your current coverage expires. It could save around 10% when you buy Philadelphia car insurance online.
- Paper-free Discount - Some of the larger companies will give you a small discount for signing up on the web.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Despite the appearance that adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won't be that lucky.
A few of the larger companies and their possible discounts are:
- Farm Bureau may have discounts that include multi-policy, driver training, multi-vehicle, 55 and retired, youthful driver, and good student.
- MetLife offers discounts for accident-free, defensive driver, good driver, claim-free, good student, and multi-policy.
- Progressive offers discounts including continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and online quote discount.
- AAA discounts include education and occupation, good student, AAA membership discount, multi-policy, pay-in-full, and anti-theft.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including TimeAway discount, good driver, good student, Steer into Savings, bundled insurance, and early bird.
- GEICO may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, five-year accident-free, good student, seat belt use, and anti-theft.
- State Farm has savings for multiple policy, good student, passive restraint, good driver, accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, and driver's education.
When comparing rates, check with every insurance company which discounts they offer. Discounts might not be available to policyholders in Philadelphia. If you would like to see a list of car insurance companies who offer online Lexus IS 200t insurance quotes in Pennsylvania, click here.
Situations that may require an agent's advice
When selecting the right insurance coverage, there isn't really a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else's.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine if your situation might need professional guidance.
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- Is there a penalty for late payment?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- What can I do if my company won't pay a claim?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
If you don't know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to an agent. If you don't have a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Insurance agent or online?
A lot of people would rather go talk to an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find cheap car insurance quotes but also keep your business local. Buying from and supporting local agencies is important especially in Philadelphia.
By using this quick form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Philadelphia who will give you bids for your car insurance coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to contact any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered to you. You can find better rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a specific insurance company, feel free to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
When looking for a reliable insurance agency, you must know there are a couple types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Philadelphia agents are categorized either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
These agents are not employed by any specific company so they have the ability to put coverage with many different companies and get you the best rates possible. If you want to switch companies, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don't have to do anything.
If you need lower rates, it's a good idea to get rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to have the most options to choose from. Most also have access to different regional companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Listed below is a small list of independent insurance agencies in Philadelphia who can help you get rate quotes.
- The Miles Insurance Agency Inc
7100 Cresheim Rd - Philadelphia, PA 19119 - (215) 753-7770 - View Map
- Terra Insurance Services
1879 Cottman Ave - Philadelphia, PA 19111 - (215) 742-3743 - View Map
- Nigro Insurance Agency
35 Letitia St - Philadelphia, PA 19106 - (215) 278-9633 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents work for only one company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company's prices so keep that in mind. Exclusive agencies are trained well in insurance sales which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers frequently use the same agent partially due to the brand name rather than having low rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Philadelphia who can help you get price quote information.
- Brian Madalion - State Farm Insurance Agent
7208 Ogontz Ave - Philadelphia, PA 19138 - (215) 549-4900 - View Map
- State Farm - Philadelphia - Thanh Pham
254 S 10th St - Philadelphia, PA 19107 - (215) 238-7400 - View Map
- Vince Ovecka - State Farm Insurance Agent
456 E Girard Ave - Philadelphia, PA 19125 - (215) 739-0800 - View Map
Choosing a auto insurance agent should depend on more than just the quoted price. These are valid questions to ask:
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Philadelphia?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
Educate yourself about insurance coverages
Learning about specific coverages of your insurance policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Collision - This covers damage to your IS 200t resulting from a collision with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for claims such as sideswiping another vehicle, colliding with another moving vehicle, crashing into a building and hitting a mailbox. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible on your IS 200t to get cheaper collision coverage.
Liability coverages - This coverage can cover injuries or damage you cause to other's property or people by causing an accident. Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see liability limits of 15/30/5 that means you have $15,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $30,000, and a limit of $5,000 paid for damaged property. Occasionally you may see a combined single limit or CSL which combines the three limits into one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability insurance covers things such as structural damage, repair bills for other people's vehicles, funeral expenses, medical services and pain and suffering. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but buy as high a limit as you can afford. Pennsylvania state minimum liability requirements are 15/30/5 but you should think about purchasing more liability than the minimum.
The next chart shows why the minimum limit may not be high enough to adequately cover claims.
Coverage for medical expenses - Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for immediate expenses like rehabilitation expenses, EMT expenses, prosthetic devices, ambulance fees and dental work. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers - Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle's damage.
Since many Pennsylvania drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (15/30/5), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea. Frequently these limits are identical to your policy's liability coverage.
Comprehensive insurance - Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like damage from flooding, fire damage, theft, a broken windshield and damage from getting keyed. The maximum payout a insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Cheap auto insurance rates are possible
As you prepare to switch companies, never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced full coverage only to find out that it was a big mistake. Your strategy should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
People who switch companies do it for many reasons like high rates after DUI convictions, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, questionable increases in premium or even poor customer service. It doesn't matter what your reason, finding a great new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
Budget-conscious Lexus IS 200t insurance can be found both online and from local insurance agents, so get free Philadelphia car insurance quotes from both of them to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who do not provide online quoting and usually these small, regional companies sell through local independent agents.
For more information, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 25 in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Good Students in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Company Car in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Safe Drivers in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania? (FAQ)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Self-driving cars won't replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)