Are you researching lower-priced Lincoln LS insurance in Philadelphia? Are you confused by the crazy number of insurance companies in Philadelphia? Many other people are as well. There are so many choices that it can really be a ton of work to locate the lowest premium rates for Lincoln LS insurance in Philadelphia. Philadelphia is a great place to live, but pricey insurance can make it difficult for lots of drivers to afford good insurance coverage.
It’s easy to assume that auto insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. People who compare rates once a year will presumably move their business because there is a good chance of finding coverage at a more affordable price. A study discovered that consumers who regularly shopped around saved approximately $860 a year compared to people who never shopped around.
If finding the lowest rates on insurance is your objective, then having an understanding of how to shop for insurance can make it simple to find affordable coverage.
Philadelphia Insurance Prices are Influenced by These Factors
A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing some of the factors that help determine your car insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively determines premiums, this enables informed choices that could help you find lower premium levels.
- Liability insurance is important – Your car insurance policy’s liability coverage kicks in if ever a jury decides you are liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability provides legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. Liability is cheap compared to other policy coverages, so do not skimp.
- Lower premiums with continuous coverage – Not maintaining insurance is against the law and your next policy will cost more because you let your insurance lapse for non-payment. In addition to paying higher premiums, the inability to provide proof of insurance may result in fines or a revoked license.
- File claims and pay more – Car insurance companies in Pennsylvania generally give the best rates to insureds who file claims infrequently. If you file a lot of claims you can pretty much guarantee much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- High coverage deductibles equal low rates – The deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if a claim is determined to be covered. Coverage for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, insures against damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply could be a windshield broken by a bird, collision with a deer, and having a roll-over accident. The larger the amount you have to pay, the better rate you will receive.
- Do males or females drive better? – Statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. It does not mean men are worse drivers. Females and males cause accidents at about the same rate, but the male of the species have accidents that have higher claims. Not only are claims higher, but men receive more costly citations like driving under the influence (DUI). Young men ages 16 to 20 tend to get in the most accidents so they pay the highest premiums.
- How credit score affects car insurance rates – Having a bad credit history is a large factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. Insureds with very high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure as compared to drivers with lower ratings. So if your credit rating could use some work, you could be paying less to insure your Lincoln LS by taking the time to improve your credit score.
How much does Lincoln LS insurance in Philadelphia, PA cost?
To find the best auto insurance rates, there are several ways of comparing rate quotes from many available auto insurance companies in Pennsylvania. The quickest method to compare Lincoln LS insurance prices involves getting comparison quotes online.
Just remember that getting more free quotes increases the chance that you will find the best rates. Some companies don’t provide online Philadelphia LS insurance quotes, so you need to compare quotes from the smaller companies as well.
The providers in the list below offer price quotes in Philadelphia, PA. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Three main reasons to buy car insurance
Despite the potentially high cost of Lincoln LS insurance, paying for car insurance is required in Pennsylvania but it also protects you in many ways.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, most banks will make it mandatory that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Lincoln at a much higher premium rate and require you to fork over for the expensive policy.
- Car insurance preserves not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for all forms of medical expenses that are the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your car more than offset the price you pay, especially with large liability claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is wasting up to $869 every year so shop around once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Get cheaper rates by earning discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you may be missing some discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Certain credits will be shown at the time you complete a quote, but once in a while a discount must be asked for before you get the savings.
- Military Discounts – Having an actively deployed family member could qualify you for better rates.
- Buy New and Save – Buying a new car instead of a used LS can cost up to 25% less because new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to fasten their seat belts could cut 10% or more on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Sign Online – A handful of insurance companies will provide an incentive get Philadelphia auto insurance over the internet.
- Payment Method – If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of making monthly payments you could save up to 5%.
- Responsible Driver Discount – Insureds without accidents may save up to 50% more than their less cautious counterparts.
- Sign Early and Save – A few insurance companies give discounts for switching to them early. It’s a savings of about 10%.
As is typical with insurance, most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn’t make money that way. But all discounts will positively reduce your premiums.
A few of the larger companies and some of their more popular discounts are included below.
- 21st Century offers premium reductions for defensive driver, air bags, homeowners, driver training, and teen driver.
- Progressive offers discounts for homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-policy, good student, online quote discount, and online signing.
- State Farm has discounts for defensive driving training, good driver, good student, safe vehicle, passive restraint, and accident-free.
- Nationwide may have discounts that include good student, defensive driving, accident-free, multi-policy, business or organization, anti-theft, and easy pay.
- Esurance has savings for claim free, safety device, Switch & Save, emergency road assistance, renters, and online quote.
- The Hartford policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, bundle, vehicle fuel type, air bag, driver training, and defensive driver.
When comparing rates, check with each company or agent which discounts you qualify for. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policyholders in every state.
Buying auto insurance from Philadelphia insurance agencies
Many drivers still prefer to go talk to an agent and doing that can be a smart decision One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is you can get cheaper car insurance rates but also keep your business local. And providing support for local agents is still important in Philadelphia.
After completing this simple form, the quote information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Philadelphia who want to provide quotes for your auto insurance coverage. There is no reason to contact any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered directly to you. You’ll get the best rates AND an agent nearby. If you wish to compare rates from a specific auto insurance provider, you would need to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Exclusive agents vs. Independent agents
If you want to buy auto insurance from a reputable insurance agent or broker, it’s important to understand the types of insurance agents and how they work. Auto insurance agencies can either be exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
These agents often have affiliation with several companies and that gives them the ability to insure with multiple insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If premiums increase, the business is moved internally and you stay with the same agent. If you are comparing auto insurance prices, you need to contact independent agents to have the best price comparison. Most also write with less well-known companies which may have better rates.
Shown below is a partial list of independent agents in Philadelphia that can give you price quotes.
- Wade Insurance Agency
143 E Roosevelt Blvd – Philadelphia, PA 19120 – (215) 457-4995 – View Map
- Fabey Insurance Agency
619 E Girard Ave – Philadelphia, PA 19125 – (215) 425-7640 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Ferullo Insurance Agencies LLC
1636 S Front St – Philadelphia, PA 19148 – (215) 468-4116 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
These agents generally can only insure with one company and some examples include Allstate and State Farm. They usually cannot provide prices from multiple companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training on the products they sell which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Consumers often choose to use an exclusive agent partially due to the prominent brand name rather than low rates.
Shown below are Philadelphia exclusive insurance agencies that can give you comparison quotes.
- Erica Bantom Martin – State Farm Insurance Agent
1124 S Broad St – Philadelphia, PA 19146 – (215) 875-8100 – View Map
- Les Moore – State Farm Insurance Agent
6750 N 5th St – Philadelphia, PA 19126 – (215) 224-4400 – View Map
- State Farm: Brian Cover
7005 Bustleton Ave – Philadelphia, PA 19149 – (215) 332-9000 – View Map
Choosing an car insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. The following questions are important to ask.
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Philadelphia?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Philadelphia?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
After you get reasonable responses as well as cheap LS insurance quotes, most likely you have located an insurance agency that is a good match to provide auto insurance coverage.
Auto insurance can get complicated
When quoting and choosing insurance from an agent or online, there isn’t really a one-size-fits-all type of policy. You are unique so your insurance needs to address that.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Pennsylvania?
- Can I get by with minimal medical coverage if I have good health insurance?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
One last thing to lower rates
A few companies may not have rate quotes online and these smaller companies work with independent agents. Low-cost Lincoln LS insurance in Philadelphia is attainable both online and with local Philadelphia insurance agents, so compare prices from both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
As you restructure your insurance plan, make sure you don’t reduce needed coverages to save money. In too many instances, an insured dropped collision coverage only to regret at claim time that it was a big mistake. The ultimate goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost.
More information is located at the links below
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Toyota RAV4 in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Philadelphia Auto Insurance for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Veterans in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)