How many times have you told yourself to find more competitive Mercury Sable insurance in Philadelphia? Searching for cheaper insurance for a new or used Mercury Sable in Pennsylvania could be difficult, but you can learn the following methods and make it easy.
There are more efficient ways to shop for car insurance so we’re going to tell you the best way to quote coverages on a Mercury and locate the cheapest rates from both online companies and Philadelphia agents.
You may qualify for discounts for Mercury Sable insurance in Philadelphia
Auto insurance is expensive, but you may find discounts that you may not even know about. Certain discounts will be applied when you purchase, but a few must be asked for in order for you to get them.
- Distant Student Discount – Any of your kids who live away from home at college without a vehicle on campus may qualify for this discount.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Having all your vehicles on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Paper-free Discount – Some of the larger companies may give you up to $50 for signing up digitally online.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Adding a new car to your policy is cheaper because newer vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Full Payment Discount – If you pay your bill all at once instead of paying each month you may reduce your total bill.
- Accident Waiver – Not a discount per se, but a few companies such as State Farm and GEICO allow you one accident before they charge you more for coverage if you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government may reduce rates when you quote Philadelphia auto insurance with a few auto insurance companies.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you combine your auto and homeowners policies and place coverage with the same company you may save up to 20% and get you affordable Mercury Sable insurance rates in Philadelphia.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a deployed family member could be rewarded with lower prices.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few larger companies offer discounts for renewing your policy prior to the expiration date on your current Sable insurance policy. You may see this discount when you get Philadelphia auto insurance quotes online.
Don’t be surprised that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though the math looks like you can get free auto insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
A list of auto insurance companies and their offered discounts can be read below.
- GEICO may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, multi-policy, daytime running lights, driver training, membership and employees, and military active duty.
- Travelers policyholders can earn discounts including payment discounts, home ownership, multi-car, hybrid/electric vehicle, continuous insurance, save driver, and multi-policy.
- Nationwide offers discounts for multi-policy, defensive driving, business or organization, accident-free, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for electronic funds transfer, mature driver, early shopping, youthful driver, distant student, and teen driver.
- Esurance has discounts for anti-theft, multi-policy, DriveSense, defensive driver, online shopper, good student, and online quote.
- State Farm includes discounts for multiple policy, Steer Clear safe driver discount, driver’s education, Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, and good driver.
- Progressive discounts include multi-policy, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, good student, homeowner, and online signing.
- Mercury Insurance has savings for annual mileage, type of vehicle, accident-free, multi-policy, good student, and good driver.
If you are trying to find affordable Philadelphia auto insurance quotes, ask each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts might not be offered in Philadelphia. To see insurers that offer the discounts shown above in Philadelphia, click this link.
The quickest method we recommend to compare rate quotes for Mercury Sable insurance in Philadelphia is to know most of the larger companies allow for online access to provide you with a free rate quote. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is give the companies some data like how many miles driven, whether or not you need a SR-22, whether you have decent credit, and driver details. That rating data is instantly submitted to many highly-rated insurers and they provide comparison quotes immediately.
If you would like to compare rates now, click here and complete the form.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Pennsylvania. If multiple companies are shown, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Car insurance is unique, just like you
When choosing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Every insured’s situation is different.
These are some specific questions might help in determining whether or not you may require specific advice.
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Get rate quotes but buy from a local Philadelphia insurance agent
A lot of people would rather visit with an insurance agent and doing that can be a smart decision Professional insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and give you someone to call. An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is you can get cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent. Buying from and supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is especially important in Philadelphia.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your information is submitted to insurance agents in Philadelphia who will give competitive quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to drive around since price quotes are sent to you directly. If you want to compare rates from a specific insurance company, you would need to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Shown below is a short list of auto insurance companies in Philadelphia willing to provide price quote information for Mercury Sable insurance in Philadelphia.
- Juniata Ins Agency
1206 E Hunting Park Ave – Philadelphia, PA 19124 – (215) 533-9701 – View Map
- Kowalewski Jawork Insurance Agency Inc
706 S 5th St – Philadelphia, PA 19147 – (215) 922-1222 – View Map
- Steven Breinlinger – State Farm Insurance Agent
7904 Germantown Ave – Philadelphia, PA 19118 – (267) 323-2923 – View Map
- Wade Insurance Agency
143 E Roosevelt Blvd – Philadelphia, PA 19120 – (215) 457-4995 – View Map
Finding the right insurance company should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. These are valid questions to ask:
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Philadelphia?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
Here’s why auto insurance is not optional
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Mercury in Philadelphia, insuring your vehicle is required in Pennsylvania but also provides important benefits.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability insurance if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Mercury Sable, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender will be forced to insure your Mercury for a much higher rate and require you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your Mercury Sable and your assets. It will also pay for many types of medical costs that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Mercury as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying auto insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially when you need to use it. On average, a vehicle owner in Philadelphia overpays as much as $820 a year so you should quote and compare rates at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
The coverage is in the details
Learning about specific coverages of your policy aids in choosing appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like a broken windshield, damage from a tornado or hurricane and theft. The most a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Collision coverage protection
Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your Sable resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for things like hitting a mailbox, sustaining damage from a pot hole and hitting a parking meter. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to raise the deductible on your Sable to bring the cost down.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Mercury Sable.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (Pennsylvania limits are 15/30/5), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Frequently these coverages are set the same as your liability limits.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Med pay and PIP coverage pay for immediate expenses for things like funeral costs, surgery, pain medications and chiropractic care. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Liability auto insurance
This coverage provides protection from damage or injury you incur to people or other property. It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see values of 15/30/5 that means you have a limit of $15,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $30,000, and $5,000 of coverage for damaged property. Some companies may use one number which is a combined single limit which provides one coverage limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability insurance covers things such as court costs, attorney fees, pain and suffering, repair costs for stationary objects and medical expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but consider buying as large an amount as possible. Pennsylvania requires drivers to carry at least 15/30/5 but you should think about purchasing better liability coverage.
The illustration below demonstrates why buying the state minimum limits may not provide adequate coverage.
Quote often and quote early
People switch companies for many reasons like unfair underwriting practices, not issuing a premium refund, high prices or high rates after DUI convictions. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching companies can be less work than you think.
Some insurance companies may not have the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these smaller providers only sell coverage through local independent agents. Lower-priced auto insurance in Philadelphia is available both online in addition to many Philadelphia insurance agents, so you need to compare both to get a complete price analysis.
We covered a lot of information how to lower your Mercury Sable insurance car insurance rates in Philadelphia. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Philadelphia auto insurance, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Mercury Sable insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from a lesser-known regional company.
Other learning opportunities
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Active Military in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Philadelphia Car Insurance for 17 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- How Much is Philadelphia Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 50? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for College Graduates in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Female in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Welfare Recipients in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Jeep Wrangler in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for 18 Year Olds in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)