Do you need a fast way to compare more competitive Nissan 370Z insurance in Philadelphia? Did a good deal turn into overpriced Nissan 370Z insurance in Philadelphia? Trust us, you're not the only one.
A recent study showed that the vast majority of car insurance customers have been with the same company for over three years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared quotes from other companies. Consumers in Philadelphia could pocket nearly $690 a year, but they underestimate how much savings they would realize if they changed companies.
Consumers have so many insurance companies to choose from, and though it is a good thing to have multiple companies, it makes it harder to find the best rates for your vehicles.
Consumers should take time to do price comparisons on a regular basis since insurance rates change quite often. If you had the best rate on Nissan 370Z insurance in Philadelphia last year you can probably find a lower rate today. There are lots of tips to save on 370Z insurance online, but in just a couple of minutes you can learn some tested techniques to lower your car insurance rates in Philadelphia.
Shopping around for affordable auto insurance in Philadelphia is not as time-consuming as you think. Just about everyone who carries auto insurance most likely will find a lower-cost company. But Pennsylvania consumers must understand the methods companies use to determine what you pay because rates fluctuate considerably.
Just keep in mind that obtaining a wide range of quotes gives you a better chance of getting a better price.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Pennsylvania. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you get prices from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Car insurance statistics and figures
The data table below showcases estimates of insurance rates for Nissan 370Z models. Being able to understand how insurance premiums are determined can assist in making smart choices when selecting a coverage provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|370Z 2-Dr Coupe||$262||$534||$384||$22||$114||$1,316||$110|
|370Z 2-Dr Roadster||$292||$534||$340||$20||$102||$1,288||$107|
|370Z Touring 2-Dr Coupe||$292||$606||$384||$22||$114||$1,418||$118|
|370Z Touring 2-Dr Roadster||$292||$534||$340||$20||$102||$1,288||$107|
|370Z Nismo 2-Dr Coupe||$292||$676||$384||$22||$114||$1,488||$124|
|Get Your Own Customized Quote Go|
Prices above based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Pennsylvania minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, and homeowner. Rates do not factor in vehicle location which can impact price quotes significantly.
Auto insurance discounts are available for cheaper rates
Companies don't always list all possible discounts in a way that's easy to find, so the below list has a few of the more common and also the lesser-known ways to save on auto insurance.
- Waiver for an Accident - Not necessarily a discount, but some insurance companies permit an accident before your rates go up if your claims history is clear prior to the accident.
- Passive Restraint Discount - Factory air bags or motorized seat belts could see savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Driver's Education for Students - It's a good idea to have your young drivers take driver's ed class in high school.
- Include Life Insurance and Save - Larger insurance carriers have better rates if you take out auto and life insurance together.
- Sign Early and Save - A few companies give discounts for switching policies prior to your current 370Z insurance policy expiring. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Good Students Pay Less - Performing well in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- Telematics Data Discounts - People who choose to allow driving data collection to monitor driving habits through the use of a telematics system like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm could possibly reduce rates if they have good driving habits.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings - Fewer annual miles on your Nissan can qualify you for better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers - Insureds who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less as compared to drivers with claims.
Discounts lower rates, but most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though you would think you could get a free auto insurance policy, companies wouldn't make money that way. Any qualifying discounts will positively reduce your auto insurance premiums.
The diagram below shows the comparison of Nissan 370Z yearly insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The premiums assume a female driver, no claims or driving violations, Pennsylvania state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-car, claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, and safe-driver discounts applied.
A list of companies and their offered discounts can be read below.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include electronic funds transfer, bundle discounts, teen driver, switch companies, multi-car, and pay in full.
- State Farm includes discounts for defensive driving training, student away at school, safe vehicle, good student, multiple autos, and passive restraint.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for newly married, teen driver discount, safety features, multi-car, and exclusive group savings.
- MetLife offers discounts including accident-free, defensive driver, good student, multi-policy, claim-free, and good driver.
- Progressive discounts include online signing, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and multi-policy.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policyholders everywhere.
Why you need insurance for your vehicle
Despite the high insurance cost for a Nissan 370Z in Philadelphia, insuring your vehicle is not optional due to several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability coverage if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, it's guaranteed your bank will require that you have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your Nissan at a more expensive rate and require you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance preserves not only your vehicle but also your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical bills for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially when you need to use it. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is overpaying more than $750 every year so it's important to compare rates once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
When in doubt talk to an agent
When quoting and choosing your policy for your personal vehicles, there isn't really a cookie cutter policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else's so your insurance should reflect that Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether or not you could use an agent's help.
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
- Does low annual mileage earn a discount?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Local Philadelphia car insurance agents
Some consumers still prefer to go talk to an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. The best thing about comparing rates online is you may find cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent. Buying from and supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is important particularly in Philadelphia.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your insurance data is submitted to insurance agents in Philadelphia who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. You never need to search for any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. You can find lower rates without requiring a lot of work. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a particular provider, you just need to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Multiple types of car insurance agents in Philadelphia
When researching a local Philadelphia insurance agency, it's important to understand the different types of agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents are either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent often have affiliation with several companies so as a result can place your coverage amongst many companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they find a cheaper price, the business is moved internally which requires no work on your part. If you need lower rates, you absolutely need to check rates from several independent agencies to have the most options to choose from.
Featured below is a small list of independent insurance agencies in Philadelphia that may be able to give free insurance rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents can only quote rates from one company and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. These agents are unable to compare other company's rates so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents receive a lot of sales training in insurance sales which aids in selling service over price.
Listed below are Philadelphia exclusive agents that can give you price quote information.
Picking the best insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. The following questions are important to ask.
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Pennsylvania?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?