Are you tired of trying to find the cheapest Nissan Rogue insurance in Philadelphia? Overwhelmed by the sheer number of insurance providers that you can choose from? There are so many providers available that it can quickly become a real hassle to find a cheaper company. Philadelphia is a good city to live in, but expensive premiums for insurance can make it hard to pay for enough insurance coverage.
Unfortunately, nearly 70% of consumers have been with the same company for at least four years, and 38% of drivers have never taken the time to shop around. Drivers in the U.S. can save approximately 46.5% each year, but they don’t believe the rate savings if they replace their high priced policy.
Consumers need to compare prices once or twice a year because prices change quite often. Despite the fact that you may have had the best deal on Nissan Rogue insurance in Philadelphia a few years ago other companies may now be cheaper. Ignore everything you know about insurance because you’re about to find out one of the quickest ways to save money, get proper deductibles and limits, all at the lowest rate.
The intent of this article is to help educate you on the best way to buy inexpensive insurance and how you can save the most money. If you already have coverage, you will definitely be able to save money using these tips. But Pennsylvania vehicle owners must understand how big insurance companies determine prices and use it to find better rates.
How to buy Nissan Rogue insurance in Philadelphia
When comparing auto insurance rates, know that comparing more rates from different companies will enable you to find a lower rate than you’re paying now. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide online rate quotes, so it’s important to compare rates from them as well.
The companies in the list below offer free rate quotes in Philadelphia, PA. If several companies are displayed, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
The table shown next showcases estimates of insurance coverage prices for Nissan Rogue models. Having a good grasp of how auto insurance premiums are established can aid in making decisions on which insurance to purchase.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Rogue S 2WD||$218||$420||$420||$24||$126||$1,208||$101|
|Rogue S AWD||$218||$420||$420||$24||$126||$1,208||$101|
|Rogue SL 2WD||$218||$420||$420||$24||$126||$1,208||$101|
|Rogue SL AWD||$218||$494||$420||$24||$126||$1,282||$107|
|Get Your Own Customized Quote Go|
Price data assumes single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Pennsylvania minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Rate information does not factor in specific location information which can change insurance rates noticeably.
Impact of speeding/accidents on Philadelphia insurance rates
The information below illustrates how speeding tickets and fender-benders raise Nissan Rogue insurance costs for different age groups. The premium estimates are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Male drivers compared to female drivers in Philadelphia
The information below illustrates the difference between Nissan Rogue insurance prices for male and female drivers. The data assumes no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Should you buy full coverage?
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Nissan Rogue car insurance costs with full coverage compared to only the Pennsylvania minimum liability coverage. The data is based on no claims or violations, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Should you be buying full coverage?
There isn’t a steadfast formula of when to eliminate full coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than about 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Nissan Rogue replacement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would receive is $5,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If premium cost is more than $500 annually to have full coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some circumstances where buying only liability insurance is not financially feasible. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not opt for liability only.
Three reasons to insure your Nissan Rogue
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Nissan in Philadelphia, maintaining insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Nissan Rogue has a lienholder, almost every bank will make it mandatory that you carry insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may buy a policy for your Nissan at a more expensive rate and require you to fork over a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects your Nissan and your assets. It will also cover medical bills for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying car insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is wasting up to $869 every year so smart consumers compare quotes once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
Smart Consumers Can Lower Their Insurance Prices
Many different elements are part of the equation when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious like your driving record, but some are not quite as obvious such as whether you are married or how safe your car is. One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the elements that are used to determine the level of your policy premiums. When you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables you to make decisions that will entitle you to lower rates.
- Save money by having multiple policies – The majority of insurance companies will give a discount to customers who buy several policies from them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you already get this discount, you may still want to compare Nissan Rogue rates in Philadelphia to verify if the discount is saving money.
Performance makes a difference – The performance level of the vehicle you drive makes a substantial difference in your auto insurance rates. The cheapest rates will generally be found on low performance passenger cars, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
The next chart is based on a single female driver age 30, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It shows Nissan Rogue rates compared to other vehicles that have different performance risks.
- Minor frequent claims are not good – If you frequently file small claims, you can definitely plan on higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Insurance companies in Pennsylvania award lower rates to policyholders who do not file claims often. Your insurance policy is intended for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Job impacts premiums – Do you have a high-stress occupation? Careers such as lawyers, social workers, and stock brokers generally pay the highest average rates because of intense work-related stress and lots of time spent at work. Other jobs like professors, historians and retirees get better rates.
- Drive less and save – The higher the mileage driven in a year the higher your rate. Most companies apply a rate based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars and trucks left parked in the garage receive lower rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Rogue can cost quite a bit. It’s a good idea to make sure your auto insurance policy shows the right rating data.
- Being married is a bonus – Having a spouse may earn you lower rates when shopping for auto insurance. Having a significant other is viewed as being more financially stable and insurance companies reward insureds because married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
Loss probability for a Nissan Rogue – Companies analyze the history of losses to help calculate a profitable premium price. Vehicles that the statistics show to have increased losses will have increased rates. The table shown below demonstrates the historical insurance loss data for Nissan Rogue vehicles.
For each coverage category, the loss probability for all vehicles, as a total average, is considered to be 100. Values that are below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while percentage values above 100 point to more claims or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Nissan Rogue Models Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Nissan Rogue 4dr 2WD 94 91 77 116 108 93 Nissan Rogue 4dr 4WD 94 92 79 117 106 87 Nissan Rogue Select 4dr 2WD 100 119 69 165 169 115 Nissan Rogue Select 4dr 4WD 107 136 69 154 159 132BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Affordable Philadelphia car insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you may find discounts that may help make it more affordable. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you get a quote, but occasionally some discounts must be asked about prior to receiving the credit.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen less frequently and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Data Collection Discounts – Philadelphia drivers who agree to allow companies to monitor when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device like Allstate’s Drivewise may get a rate reduction if they have good driving habits.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts may qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same company you could get a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Drive Safe and Save – Safe drivers may receive a discount up to 45% compared to accident prone drivers.
You should keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like you could get a free car insurance policy, you aren’t that lucky. But all discounts will reduce your policy premiums.
The diagram below shows the difference between Nissan Rogue insurance costs with and without some available policy discounts. The premiums assume a female driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Pennsylvania state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-car, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, and claim-free discounts applied.
A list of companies and their offered discounts are detailed below.
- GEICO offers discounts for daytime running lights, emergency military deployment, air bags, five-year accident-free, and driver training.
- Travelers offers discounts including hybrid/electric vehicle, multi-policy, continuous insurance, early quote, and save driver.
- Nationwide policyholders can earn discounts including easy pay, Farm Bureau membership, accident-free, multi-policy, family plan, defensive driving, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for teen driver, electronic funds transfer, distant student, switch companies, alternative fuel, and pay in full.
- Esurance has savings for anti-lock brakes, Switch & Save, DriveSense, Pac-12 alumni, multi-car, multi-policy, and anti-theft.
- State Farm discounts include student away at school, driver’s education, Drive Safe & Save, accident-free, and defensive driving training.
- Progressive may include discounts for online quote discount, homeowner, online signing, multi-policy, good student, and continuous coverage.
- Mercury Insurance includes discounts for good driver, ease of repair, multi-car, multi-policy, and low natural disaster claims.
Before you buy a policy, ask all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. Some credits may not be available in Philadelphia. If you would like to view companies with the best Nissan Rogue insurance discounts in Philadelphia, click here.
Which is the best insurance?
When quoting and comparing adequate coverage, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For instance, these questions might help in determining whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- Do I have coverage if I rent a car in Mexico?
- Are my custom wheels covered?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Auto insurance agents are trained to help
Many people prefer to sit down with an agent and we recommend doing that A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is you may find cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent. And supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is especially important in Philadelphia.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), the coverage information gets sent to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any agents due to the fact that quote results will go to you directly. You can get cheaper insurance rates AND an agent nearby. If for some reason you want to compare rates for a specific company, you just need to visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
When looking for a reputable insurance agent or broker, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies and how they function. Insurance policy providers are classified as either exclusive or independent.
Independent insurance agents do not have single company limitations and that gives them the ability to insure with any number of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you are not satisfied with one company, the business is moved internally which makes it simple for you.
If you need cheaper insurance rates, we recommend you get several quotes from at a minimum one independent agency for the best price selection. A lot of them also have access to smaller mutual companies which may have better rates.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agents in Philadelphia who may provide cheap rate quotes.
- Nigro Insurance Agency
35 Letitia St – Philadelphia, PA 19106 – (215) 278-9633 – View Map
- America Insurance Agency Inc
7214 Frankford Ave – Philadelphia, PA 19135 – (800) 283-0500 – View Map
- Juniata Ins Agency
1206 E Hunting Park Ave – Philadelphia, PA 19124 – (215) 533-9701 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can only quote rates from one company and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are well schooled on sales techniques which aids in selling service over price. A lot of people buy from the same agent for years primarily because of the brand and strong financial ratings.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Philadelphia that are able to give price quote information.
- Steven Breinlinger – State Farm Insurance Agent
7904 Germantown Ave – Philadelphia, PA 19118 – (267) 323-2923 – View Map
- Jack Stabler – State Farm Insurance Agent
6726 Torresdale Ave – Philadelphia, PA 19135 – (215) 331-4300 – View Map
- Jeff Gottesman – State Farm Insurance Agent
9551 Bustleton Ave – Philadelphia, PA 19115 – (215) 725-1000 – View Map
Choosing the best car insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap quote. The following questions are important to ask.
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- How long has their agency been in business in Philadelphia?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Pennsylvania?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
After getting answers to your satisfaction to these questions as well as offering an affordable quote, you may have found an insurance agency that meets your needs to properly service your insurance policy.
You can lower your car insurance rates
In this article, we covered some good ideas how to save on Nissan Rogue insurance in Philadelphia. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Philadelphia car insurance, the better chance you’ll have of finding the cheapest Nissan Rogue rate quotes. Drivers may even discover the best price on car insurance is with a small local company.
When getting Philadelphia car insurance quotes online, make sure you don’t skimp on coverage in order to save money. Too many times, someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your objective should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Consumers switch companies for many reasons like being labeled a high risk driver, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, high rates after DUI convictions and extreme rates for teen drivers. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a great new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
More tips and info about car insurance is available at these sites:
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Felons in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Good Students in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Philadelphia Car Insurance for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)