Expensive Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Philadelphia can bleed your bank account and put a big crunch on your finances.
Inconceivable but true, most car insurance policyholders renewed their policy with the same company for well over three years, and just short of a majority have never even shopped around for affordable coverage. Consumers in Pennsylvania could cut their rates by about $686 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t believe the amount of savings they would get if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one. You have multiple insurance companies to buy insurance from, and though it is a good thing to have a choice, more options can take longer to find a good deal for Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Philadelphia.
It is always a good idea to shop coverage around before your policy renews because prices change regularly. If you had the lowest rates on Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Philadelphia a few years ago you will most likely find a better premium rate today. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because you’re about to learn the best methods to find lower rates on car insurance.
Our objective is to help educate you on how car insurance works and some tricks to saving. If you are paying for car insurance now, you will most likely be able to get lower rates using the concepts covered in this article. Comparison shoppers just have to understand the least time-consuming way to get comparison quotes instantly.
How You Can Control Ford Shelby GT350 Insurance Costs
Multiple criteria are part of the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving record, but other factors are more obscure like your continuous coverage or your financial responsibility. When buying car insurance it’s important to understand some of the factors that are used to determine the rates you pay for car insurance. If you know what determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to lower car insurance prices.
- Consider raising coverage deductibles – Physical damage coverage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, covers damage that occurs to your Ford. Some examples of covered claims could be a broken windshield, collision with an animal, and rolling your vehicle. Comp and collision deductibles define the amount you are required to spend before your car insurance pays a claim. The more expense you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the less money you will pay for car insurance.
- Theft deterrents save – Owning a car with an alarm system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Theft prevention features like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers help track and prevent auto theft and help lower rates.
- Protect yourself with liability protection – The liability coverage on your policy provides coverage in the event that a jury decides you are liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. It will provide for a legal defense starting from day one. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Gender is a factor – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown women are more cautious behind the wheel. The data does not necessarily mean that females are better at driving than males. Both genders have accidents in similar percentages, but guys have costlier accidents. Not only that, but men also get cited for more serious violations like DUI and reckless driving.
- Where you reside – Having an address in small towns and rural areas is a positive aspect when shopping for auto insurance. Less people translates into fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. Drivers who live in large Pennsylvania cities tend to have more auto accidents and more severe claims. More time commuting means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
- Safety ratings are a factor – Vehicles with good safety scores tend to have lower insurance rates. Vehicles built for safety result in less severe injuries and fewer injuries means less money paid by your insurance company which can mean better rates for you. If your Ford Shelby GT350 scored at minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it may be receiving lower rates.
- Occupation can influence rates – Occupational choices like lawyers, architects, and accountants tend to pay higher premium rates in part from intense work situations and lengthy work days. Other careers such as farmers, students and retirees get better rates.
- Prevent coverage lapses – Not maintaining insurance can get you a ticket and car insurance companies will penalize you for letting your coverage lapse. Not only will you pay more, failure to provide proof of insurance can result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. You could then be forced to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Pennsylvania DMV.
The quickest way to get policy rate comparisons for Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Philadelphia is to understand most of the larger companies actually pay money for the chance to compare rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details including how old drivers are, your education level, deductibles desired, and how your vehicles are used. The data is then submitted to many different companies and they respond with quotes instantly to find the best rate.
To check Ford Shelby GT350 insurance prices now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Philadelphia.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide quotes in Pennsylvania. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you get rate quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Why do I need car insurance?
Despite the high cost, insuring your vehicle is mandatory in Pennsylvania but it also protects more than you think.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Shelby GT350 with a loan, most lenders will require that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may insure your Ford at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects your Ford Shelby GT350 and your assets. Insurance will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you cause an accident and are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your car insurance policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Unknowingly, the average driver overpays more than $865 each year so we recommend shopping around at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Philadelphia
Companies offering auto insurance don’t necessarily list all their discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we break down some of the more common and also the lesser-known auto insurance savings.
- Waiver for an Accident – This isn’t a discount exactly, but a few companies such as Allstate and State Farm will turn a blind eye to one accident without raising rates if you have no claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Air Bag Discount – Factory air bags or automatic seat belts may get savings of up to 25% or more.
- Military Rewards – Having an actively deployed family member can result in better prices.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Insuring multiple vehicles with the same company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Own a Home and Save – Just being a homeowner may earn you a small savings because maintaining a house requires personal responsibility.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Drivers who elect to allow their auto insurance company to track driving manner by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system might get better premium rates if their driving habits are good.
- Payment Discounts – By making one initial payment instead of paying each month you can actually save on your bill.
- Mature Driver Discount – Older drivers may receive lower premium rates.
- Student Driver Training – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them take driver’s ed class as it can save substantially.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than less cautious drivers.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
Larger auto insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are:
- GEICO offers premium reductions for federal employee, five-year accident-free, seat belt use, membership and employees, and emergency military deployment.
- MetLife offers discounts for multi-policy, accident-free, defensive driver, good driver, claim-free, and good student.
- State Farm has discounts for accident-free, multiple policy, multiple autos, anti-theft, safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, and passive restraint.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including continuous coverage, homeowner, online quote discount, multi-policy, good student, and online signing.
- Mercury Insurance may offer discounts for professional/association, low natural disaster claims, multi-car, multi-policy, location of vehicle, anti-theft, and type of vehicle.
- 21st Century may have discounts that include good student, anti-lock brakes, homeowners, defensive driver, theft prevention, and air bags.
- Allstate may include discounts for resident student, safe driver, senior citizen, premier plus, 55 and retired, anti-theft, and early signing.
Before you buy a policy, ask each company or agent to give you their best rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be available in every state. To view providers with discount auto insurance rates in Philadelphia, click this link.
Compare prices but buy from a local neighborhood Philadelphia car insurance agent
Many people still like to buy from a licensed agent and that is not a bad decision Agents are trained risk managers and help file insurance claims. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find cheap insurance quotes and also buy local. Buying insurance from local insurance agencies is definitely important in Philadelphia.
Upon completion of this short form, your information gets sent to insurance agents in Philadelphia that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent on your own due to the fact that quote results will go to you directly. If you wish to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, you would need to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Pick the best car insurance agent in Philadelphia for you
If you’re trying to find a local Philadelphia insurance agency, it’s important to understand the types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance policy providers can be classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both types of agents can sell affordable insurance policies, but it’s important to point out the subtle differences because it can factor into your selection of an agent.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent are not limited to a single company and that allows them to write policies through many companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When shopping rates, it’s recommended you get quotes from several independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison.
Featured below are independent agents in Philadelphia that may be able to give price quote information.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents can only write with one company such as State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are well trained on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agents in Philadelphia that can give you rate quotes.
Choosing the best insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. Any agent in Philadelphia should be willing to answer these questions.
- Does the company have a local claim office in Philadelphia?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Which family members are covered?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
Cost effective Ford Shelby GT350 insurance can be found from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Philadelphia, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who may not provide rate quotes online and these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
In this article, we presented some good ideas how to get a better price on Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Philadelphia. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive Philadelphia auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest rates come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. Smaller companies may have significantly lower car insurance rates on certain market segments compared to the large companies like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
More detailed insurance information can be read in the articles below:
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 25 in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Explorer in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for 16 Year Olds in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Uninsured Drivers in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Jeep Wrangler in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)