Has it been over a year since you last compared quotes for cheaper car insurance rates in Philadelphia, PA? Philadelphia drivers have options when trying to find the lowest priced Hummer H3 insurance. You can either spend your time calling around to compare prices or leverage the internet to get rate quotes. There is a right way and a wrong way to find car insurance online and you need to know the proper way to price shop coverage for a Hummer and get the lowest possible price.
It’s easy to assume that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Insureds who compare rates once a year will presumably switch car insurance companies because there is a good probability of finding lower prices. A study showed that consumers who routinely shopped around saved an average of $3,450 over four years compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding low prices for insurance in Philadelphia is your ultimate goal, then having an understanding of the best way to shop and compare insurance can help you be more efficient.
If you have a policy now or are just looking to switch companies, you can learn to save money without having to cut coverage. This article’s intent is to instruct you on the best ways to compare prices and some tips to save money. Drivers just need to understand the most efficient way to shop for car insurance from multiple carriers.
Get cheaper Hummer H3 insurance rates in Philadelphia
Car insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but you may qualify for discounts that can help lower your rates. Some trigger automatically when you get a quote, but less common discounts must be requested specifically prior to receiving the credit.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to wear their seat belts could save 15% off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Military Discounts – Having a deployed family member could trigger a small discount.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving fewer miles could qualify for slightly better car insurance rates than normal.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Have your child participate in a local driver’s education class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- E-sign – Certain companies give back up to $50 get Philadelphia auto insurance on the internet.
- Payment Method – If you pay your bill all at once instead of making monthly payments you can avoid monthly service charges.
Discounts lower rates, but many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Even though the math looks like you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The illustration below compares Hummer H3 auto insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The price estimates are based on a male driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Pennsylvania state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-car, multi-policy, claim-free, marriage, and homeowner discounts applied.
Larger car insurance companies and their offered discounts include:
- State Farm discounts include anti-theft, driver’s education, multiple autos, Drive Safe & Save, and good student.
- GEICO includes discounts for anti-theft, defensive driver, daytime running lights, multi-vehicle, and driver training.
- Progressive may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-policy, good student, and homeowner.
- 21st Century offers premium reductions for good student, automatic seat belts, theft prevention, driver training, defensive driver, student driver, and 55 and older.
- American Family offers discounts for TimeAway discount, early bird, air bags, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- The Hartford policyholders can earn discounts including air bag, vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, bundle, anti-theft, good student, and driver training.
- AAA may have discounts that include pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, good student, multi-policy, and education and occupation.
Before buying, ask every company which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts may not be available in your area. For a list of insurers that offer multiple discounts in Philadelphia, click this link.
The best way to compare insurance rates in your area is to realize auto insurance companies provide online access to give free rates quotes. The only thing you need to do is provide information such as if you require a SR-22, if you have a valid license, driver ages, and which vehicles you own. That information gets sent immediately to many of the top insurers and you receive quotes within a short period of time.
To compare rates for your Hummer H3 now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in Pennsylvania. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you compare several of them to get the lowest price.
Insurance statistics and figures
The rate table displayed next highlights a range of insurance costs for Hummer H3 models. Learning a little about how car insurance premiums are calculated is important for you to make smart choices when comparing insurance quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|H3 Adventure Package 4WD||$228||$468||$398||$24||$120||$1,238||$103|
|H3 Luxury Package 4WD||$228||$468||$398||$24||$120||$1,238||$103|
|H3 Alpha 4WD||$254||$468||$398||$24||$120||$1,264||$105|
|Get Your Own Customized Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Pennsylvania minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Rate quotes do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can alter prices noticeably.
The example below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can increase or decrease Hummer H3 annual premium costs for each age group. The rates are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Full coverage rates vs. liability-only in Philadelphia
The diagram below shows the comparison of Hummer H3 auto insurance rates with full coverage compared to only the Pennsylvania minimum liability coverage. The prices are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied.
When to stop buying full coverage
There is no clear-cut formula of when to phase out physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Hummer H3 book value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would receive is $8,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If it’s costing you more than $800 annually to have full coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some cases where buying only liability insurance is not advised. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not drop full coverage.
When in doubt talk to an agent
Always remember that when buying coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Your financial needs are unique and your policy should reflect that.
For instance, these questions could help you determine if you would benefit from professional advice.
- Is there a penalty for late payment?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Local Philadelphia car insurance agents
Some consumers would rather sit down and talk to an agent and often times that is recommended Insurance agents will help you protect your assets and help you file claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get cheaper auto insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent.
By using this quick form, your coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents in Philadelphia who can give free rate quotes to get your business. You never need to search for an agent due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. If you wish to quote rates from a specific company, you would need to visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Picking the best insurance company should include more criteria than just a low price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Does their agency support local causes in Philadelphia?
- Is coverage determined by price?
When looking for an insurance agent, you need to know there are two different types of agents and how they work. Insurance agencies in Philadelphia can either be exclusive or independent. Either one can insure your vehicles, but it’s worth mentioning why they differ because it may have an impact on your selection of an agent.
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide pricing for a single company like Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive insurance agents are well trained on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price. A lot of people buy from the same agent for years partially due to the prominent brand name and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Listed below are Philadelphia exclusive insurance agencies who can help you get price quote information.
- State Farm – Adam Hutcheon
1436 Fairmount Ave – Philadelphia, PA 19130 – (215) 765-2686 – View Map
- John Nicolucci – State Farm Insurance Agent
6001 Ridge Ave – Philadelphia, PA 19128 – (215) 482-7000 – View Map
- George Kweder – State Farm Insurance Agent
1521 W Oregon Ave – Philadelphia, PA 19145 – (215) 467-1837 – View Map
Agents in the independent channel can quote rates with many companies and that enables them to quote your coverage through many different car insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If you want to switch companies, your agent can just switch to a different company which requires no work on your part. When comparing car insurance rates, we highly recommend that you get some free quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to get the most accurate price comparison. A lot of them also have access to smaller mutual companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Below is a short list of independent agents in Philadelphia willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Terra Insurance Services
1879 Cottman Ave – Philadelphia, PA 19111 – (215) 742-3743 – View Map
- Philadelphia Insurance Companies
231 St Asaphs Rd #100 – Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004 – (610) 617-7900 – View Map
- Goebel Insurance Agency, Inc.
2026 S 12th St – Philadelphia, PA 19148 – (215) 465-9311 – View Map
When buying insurance coverage, it’s a bad idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many instances, an insured cut physical damage coverage and learned later that it was a big mistake. The goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Cheap Hummer H3 insurance in Philadelphia can be purchased on the web in addition to many Philadelphia insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection. Some companies may not offer internet price quotes and most of the time these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies.
Additional learning opportunities
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Corolla in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Good Students in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)