Did a good deal turn out to be an overpriced auto insurance policy? You’re in good company because many Philadelphia drivers have buyer’s remorse.
Unbelievable but true according to a study a large majority of drivers have been with the same company for more than four years, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never even shopped around for lower-cost coverage. Consumers in Philadelphia could save an average of 55% each year just by shopping around, but they just don’t want to compare rate quotes.
Big companies like Progressive, GEICO and Farmers Insurance all promote huge savings with TV and radio ads and consumers find it hard to see through the deception and take the time to shop coverage around.
When looking for inexpensive Philadelphia auto insurance quotes, there are a couple ways to get quotes from local Philadelphia auto insurance companies. By far the easiest way to find the cheapest Lexus GS 200t insurance rates involves getting comparison quotes online.
Doing online rates comparisons is so easy that it takes the place of having to drive around to insurance agents’ offices. The ability to quote Lexus GS 200t insurance online eliminates the middleman unless you’re the type of person who wants the professional assistance that you can only get from talking to an agent. It is possible to comparison shop your insurance online but buy the policy through an agent. Just remember that quoting more provides better odds of finding a better price. Some companies don’t provide online rate quotes, so you should also compare prices from the smaller companies as well.
The following companies are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Philadelphia, PA. If several companies are displayed, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
These discounts can lower your car insurance rates
Some insurers don’t always publicize every available discount very clearly, so we break down a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous credits available to bring down your rates.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars with anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Membership in Organizations – Affiliation with a professional or civic organization could qualify you for a break on your bill.
- Driver Safety – Successfully completing a class that teaches defensive driving techniques may get you a small discount if your company offers it.
- Auto/Life Discount – Some car insurance companies give a discounted car insurance rate on car insurance if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying insurance for multiple vehicles on a single policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Bundled Policy Discount – When you combine your auto and home insurance with one insurance company you could get a discount of up to 20% off your total GS 200t insurance premium.
- Mature Driver Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you are able to get a discount up to 10%.
- Paper-free Discount – A handful of larger companies will give you a small discount for completing your application on the web.
- Buy New and Save – Buying a new car instead of a used GS 200t can cost up to 25% less because newer models have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Data Collection Discounts – Policyholders that allow their company to study driving patterns through the use of a telematics system such as State Farm’s In-Drive may get a rate reduction if they have good driving habits.
A quick disclaimer, some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, that’s just not realistic. Any amount of discount will lower your policy cost.
To locate insurance companies who offer discounts in Pennsylvania, follow this link.
Get rate quotes but work with a neighborhood Philadelphia auto insurance agent
Some consumers would prefer to get advice from a local agent and that can be a smart move The best thing about comparing insurance online is that drivers can save money and get cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local. And buying from local agencies is important especially in Philadelphia.
By using this simple form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Philadelphia who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t need to contact an agency since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. Get lower rates without having to waste a lot of time. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you just need to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Below is a list of insurance companies in Philadelphia who can help you get price quotes for Lexus GS 200t insurance in Philadelphia.
Finding the right provider is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
Lexus GS 200t Insurance Premiums Can Be Lower
Lots of factors are part of the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some are obvious like your driving record, but other criteria are more obscure like where you live or how financially stable you are.
The following are some of the major factors used by insurance companies to determine prices.
High performance vehicles cost more to insure – The type of car or truck you are buying insurance for makes a huge difference in your car insurance bill. Small economy passenger cars usually have the lowest rates, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
Policy lapses lead to higher prices – Allowing your coverage to lapse will be a sure-fire way to bump up your insurance costs. Not only will rates go up, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may earn you fines and jail time. You may then be required to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Pennsylvania department of motor vehicles.
Your gender affects costs – Statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. However, don’t assume that males are worse at driving than females. Men and women cause at-fault accidents at about the same rate, but the men tend to have higher claims. Men also statistically get more serious tickets like DUI and reckless driving.
Safer cars cost less to insure – Safer cars tend to be cheaper to insure. These vehicles result in less severe injuries and any reduction in injury severity means lower claim amounts and thus lower rates. If the Lexus GS 200t has at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may pay a lower rate.
Claim-free discounts can add up – Companies in Pennsylvania generally give the best rates to insureds who only file infrequent claims. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can expect increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for more catastrophic claims.
Choosing Lexus vehicle insurance is an important decision
Despite the high insurance cost for a Lexus GS 200t in Philadelphia, maintaining insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability insurance coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your GS 200t, more than likely the lender will require that you buy full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may insure your Lexus at a more expensive rate and force you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your Lexus GS 200t but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially if you ever need it. Unknowingly, the average driver is wasting up to $869 every year so we recommend shopping around each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
More comparisons equals cheaper rates
We just showed you many ways to find lower-cost Lexus GS 200t insurance in Philadelphia. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Philadelphia auto insurance, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest prices come from a smaller regional carrier. They often have lower rates on specific markets than their larger competitors like Allstate or State Farm.
Discount Lexus GS 200t insurance in Philadelphia is attainable on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, so get free Philadelphia auto insurance quotes from both of them to have the best rate selection. A few companies do not offer online price quotes and many times these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through local independent agents.
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 70 in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Journey in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)