Want to learn how to save money and find the cheapest Subaru WRX insurance in Philadelphia? Finding cheap premium rates on Subaru WRX insurance in Philadelphia is always slightly frustrating for people who are new to quoting coverage prices online. When there are so many insurers available, it can quickly become a lot of work to find the best premium rates.
It’s an obvious statement that insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Drivers who shop around are very likely to buy a different policy because they stand a good chance of finding a policy with better rates. A recent survey discovered that consumers who shopped around annually saved as much as $70 a month compared to drivers who never compared prices.
If finding budget-friendly rates on insurance in Philadelphia is your goal, then understanding how to compare auto insurance can help you be more efficient.
Smart consumers take time to quote other rates yearly because insurance prices are usually higher with each renewal. Even if you got the lowest price on Subaru WRX insurance in Philadelphia a couple years back you may be paying too much now. Ignore everything you know about insurance because you’re about to find out the only way to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money on Subaru WRX insurance in Philadelphia.
Finding the cheapest auto insurance coverage in Philadelphia is actually very simple if you learn how to start. Basically, anyone who shops for auto insurance stands a good chance to find a lower price. But Pennsylvania drivers must know the way insurance companies set your policy premium and use this information to your advantage.
The fastest way that we advise to get rate comparisons for Subaru WRX insurance in Philadelphia is to know the fact most insurance companies pay for the opportunity to provide you with free rate quotes. All consumers are required to do is give the companies some data including if your license is active, how many miles driven, your general credit rating, and if it has an anti-theft system. The rating information gets transmitted to multiple companies and they return cost estimate instantly to find the best rate.
To compare multiple company lower-cost Subaru WRX insurance rates now, click here then complete the form.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Pennsylvania. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you get rates from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
These discounts can reduce Subaru WRX insurance rates
Some insurance providers don’t always publicize every possible discount very clearly, so the list below gives a summary of both the well known and also the more inconspicuous discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Philadelphia auto insurance online. If you don’t get every credit you deserve, you could be saving more on your auto insurance.
- No Charge for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will let one accident slide before your rates go up if you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying insurance on a new vehicle can be considerably cheaper because new model year vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Responsible Drivers – Safe drivers could pay up to 40% less than drivers with accident claims.
- Telematics Data – Philadelphia drivers who agree to allow driving data submission to scrutinize when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device in their vehicle like Allstate’s Drivewise could possibly reduce rates if they are good drivers.
- Pay Early and Save – If you can afford to pay the entire bill as opposed to paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Require your teen driver to successfully complete driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- Anti-theft System – Cars optioned with advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Philadelphia auto insurance quote.
- Professional Memberships – Having an affiliation with qualifying clubs or civic groups could earn you a nice discount on your bill.
- Home Ownership Discount – Just owning your own home can save a few bucks because owning a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
Consumers should know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like all those discounts means the company will pay you, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. Any amount of discount will positively reduce your policy premium.
Some of the larger companies that may offer policyholders many of the previously listed discounts include:
When quoting, ask every company the best way to save money. All car insurance discounts may not be available everywhere. To see a list of auto insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Philadelphia, click here to view.
When should I contact a local insurance agent?
Many people just want to go talk to an agent and often times that is recommended The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is that you can find cheap auto insurance quotes and still choose a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), the quote information is submitted to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to search for an agent since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. You’ll get the best rates and work with a local agent. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you would need to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Deciding on a provider should depend on more than just the premium amount. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Philadelphia?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Who are their largest clients?
Not all auto insurance agents are the same
If you want a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are a couple of different agency structures that you can select. Agents in Philadelphia can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies write business for a single company such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so it’s a take it or leave it situation. These agents receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Consumers frequently buy insurance from these agents mainly due to loyalty to the company and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agencies in Philadelphia who may provide you with price quote information.
- Les Moore – State Farm Insurance Agent
6750 N 5th St – Philadelphia, PA 19126 – (215) 224-4400 – View Map
- Paul Hoffman – State Farm Insurance Agent
2655 S 12th St – Philadelphia, PA 19148 – (215) 389-4737 – View Map
- Sharon Owens – State Farm Insurance Agent
7034 Frankford Ave – Philadelphia, PA 19135 – (215) 333-5544 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel are not required to write business for one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If prices rise, your agent can switch companies and you can keep the same agent.
If you are comparing auto insurance prices, you will definitely want to include rate quotes from independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Many write coverage with smaller mutual companies that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
Shown below are Philadelphia independent insurance agents willing to provide price quotes.
- Burg Insurance
2707 Kirkbride St – Philadelphia, PA 19137 – (215) 744-4100 – View Map
- America Insurance Agency Inc
7214 Frankford Ave – Philadelphia, PA 19135 – (800) 283-0500 – View Map
- Fabey Insurance Agency
619 E Girard Ave – Philadelphia, PA 19125 – (215) 425-7640 – View Map
How much car insurance do I need?
When quoting and choosing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For instance, these questions can help discover whether you may require specific advice.
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Pennsylvania?
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
- When should I remove my kid from my policy?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Are my friends covered when driving my Subaru WRX?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Seven Tips to Get Cheap Philadelphia Insurance Costs
Many different elements are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, although some other factors are not as apparent such as your credit history and annual miles driven.
The list below includes some of the major factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set your rate level.
More policies can equal more savings – Most larger companies allow a discount to clients who have multiple policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to as much as ten percent or more Even if you’re getting this discount drivers will still want to compare Subaru WRX rates in Philadelphia to verify if the discount is saving money.There is a good possibility that you can save even more by insuring with multiple companies.
Why do you need liability protection? – Liability coverage kicks in in the event that you are found to be at fault for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides you with a defense in court which can be incredibly expensive. Liability insurance is quite affordable when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not skimp.
Rates and your address – Having an address in small towns and rural areas is a good thing when it comes to car insurance. Fewer drivers on the road means a lower chance of having an accident and a lower car theft rate. Drivers in populated Pennsylvania areas tend to have more traffic problems and more time behind the wheel. Longer commute distances means more chance of being in an accident.
Gaps in coverage mean higher rates – Not having insurance is a misdemeanor and any future policy may cost more because you let your insurance lapse. In addition to paying higher premiums, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may earn you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. You could then be forced to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Pennsylvania DMV.
Get better costs after the wedding – Being married helps lower the price compared to being single. It means you’re more mature than a single person and insurance companies like that married couples file fewer claims.
Adjust deductibles and save – Insurance for physical damage to your car, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. A few examples of covered claims are collision with another vehicle, vandalism, and burglary. Your deductibles are how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket before a claim is paid by your company. The more of the claim you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the better rate you will receive.
Safer vehicles means cheaper insurance – Vehicles with high crash test scores get lower rates. Highly rated vehicles result in less severe injuries and fewer injuries means less money paid by your insurance company and more competitive rates for policyholders.
Subaru WRX claim statistics – Insurance companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle when they file their rates in each state. Vehicles that the data determines to have higher claim amounts or frequency will have increased rates. The data below shows the actual insurance loss data for Subaru WRX vehicles.
For each coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is a value of 100. Percentages below 100 indicate better than average losses, while values that are above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or larger claims.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Subaru WRX 4WD||141||82||158||94||81||84|
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Three good reasons to insure your vehicle
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Philadelphia, insuring your vehicle is a good idea for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability if you want to drive legally. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Subaru with a loan, it’s most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may insure your Subaru at an extremely high rate and force you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance protects both your Subaru WRX and your personal assets. It will also cover medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your WRX are without a doubt worth the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Unknowingly, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $700 annually so you should quote your policy with other companies every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Persistent drivers can save
You just read a lot of ways to reduce Subaru WRX insurance premium rates online in Philadelphia. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Philadelphia auto insurance, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from some of the lesser-known companies.
Consumers switch companies for a variety of reasons including high prices, unfair underwriting practices, extreme rates for teen drivers and even policy non-renewal. No matter why you want to switch, finding a great new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
As you shop your coverage around, don’t be tempted to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many situations where an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage and learned later that the savings was not a smart move. Your objective should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best possible price and still be able to protect your assets.
Even more information is available by following these links:
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Philadelphia Car Insurance with Multiple Speeding Tickets? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Philadelphia Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Edge? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Female in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)