Do you want a faster way to compare more competitive Saturn Astra insurance in Philadelphia? Are you regretting buying an expensive auto insurance policy? It's a common feeling and you are not the only one feeling buyer's remorse.
It's well known that auto insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Consumers who shop around for cheaper price quotes are inclined to switch auto insurance companies because they stand a good chance of finding good coverage at a lower price. A recent auto insurance study revealed that people who shopped around saved $865 a year compared to people who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the lowest price on auto insurance in Philadelphia is your goal, learning how to choose a company and compare cheaper coverage can help you be more efficient. Companies like State Farm, Allstate, GEICO and Progressive continually hit you with ads and consumers find it hard to ignore the flashy ads and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
Companies offering Saturn Astra insurance in Philadelphia
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide quotes in Philadelphia, PA. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to find the lowest rates.
Affordable Saturn Astra insurance in Philadelphia
Companies offering auto insurance do not advertise every discount available very clearly, so the following list contains both well-publicized as well as some of the hidden credits that you can use to lower your rates. If you aren't receiving every discount available, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Onboard Data Collection - Drivers who elect to allow their auto insurance company to study where and when they drive by installing a telematics device such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive may see discounts if their driving habits are good.
- Drive Safe and Save - Accident-free drivers can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accident claims.
- ABS Braking Discount - Cars that have anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Driver Safety - Taking part in a safe driver course could possibly earn you a 5% discount depending on where you live.
- Claim-Free Discount - Drivers with accident-free driving histories can earn big discounts when compared with bad drivers.
- Discount for Multiple Policies - If you can bundle your auto and home insurance and insure them with the same company they may give you a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find cheaper Astra insurance.
- Good Student - A discount for being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
- Philadelphia Homeowners Pay Less - Owning a house in Philadelphia may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance because it means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Memberships - Participating in a civic or occupational organization in Philadelphia could qualify you for a break when getting a Philadelphia auto insurance quote.
- Student Driver Training - It's a good idea to have your young drivers participate in a local driver's education class if offered at their school.
One thing to note about discounts is that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it's just not the way it works.
A few of the larger companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be found below.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts for multi-policy, accident-free, good student, anti-theft, ease of repair, age of vehicle, and professional/association.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for teen driver, early shopping, distant student, business and professional, and pay in full.
- Farm Bureau has savings for youthful driver, 55 and retired, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and driver training.
- State Farm offers discounts including multiple autos, accident-free, driver's education, passive restraint, good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Allstate may offer discounts for senior citizen, EZ pay plan discount, farm vehicle, passive restraint, good payer, and auto/life discount.
- GEICO includes discounts for military active duty, driver training, five-year accident-free, daytime running lights, anti-lock brakes, and air bags.
It's a good idea to ask every prospective company the best way to save money. All car insurance discounts may not be available in Philadelphia. If you would like to choose from a list of insurers with significant discounts in Pennsylvania, click here to view.
Situations that may require an agent's advice
When choosing the best insurance coverage, there really is not a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your situation is unique so this has to be addressed. For example, these questions may help highlight whether you will benefit from professional help.
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
- If my car is totaled with they pay enough to replace it?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Should I pay a claim out-of-pocket?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Insurance agent or online?
Some consumers still prefer to have an agent's advice and that can be a great decision Good insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and will help you if you have claims. The best thing about price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get lower premium rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from local agents is still important in Philadelphia.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to participating agents in Philadelphia who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a specific auto insurance provider, you would need to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
When looking for a reliable insurance agent, you should know the types of insurance agents and how they are distinctly different. Auto insurance agents may be either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either one can insure your vehicles properly, but it's important to know the difference between them because it can factor into your selection of an agent.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be independent are not employed by any specific company so they have the ability to put coverage through many different auto insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you stay with the same agent.
When comparing rates, we recommend you get quotes from at least one independent agent in order to compare the most rates.
Shown below is a small list of independent insurance agencies in Philadelphia who may provide free rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can only provide one company's prices and some examples include Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. They generally cannot shop your coverage around so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive insurance agents are usually well trained on their company's products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Philadelphia that can give you price quote information.
George Kweder - State Farm Insurance Agent
1521 W Oregon Ave - Philadelphia, PA 19145 - (215) 467-1837 - View Map
Selecting an car insurance agent requires more thought than just a low price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Is there a local claims center in Philadelphia?
Knowing the specifics of car insurance can help you determine the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Below you'll find the usual coverages found on the average car insurance policy.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
This pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as damage from flooding, hitting a bird, theft, vandalism and falling objects. The highest amount your car insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle's value it's not worth carrying full coverage.
This coverage provides protection from damage or injury you incur to people or other property in an accident. It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show limits of 15/30/5 that translate to $15,000 bodily injury coverage, $30,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $5,000 paid for damaged property. Occasionally you may see a combined single limit or CSL which combines the three limits into one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage protects against things such as medical expenses, bail bonds and repair costs for stationary objects. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as much as you can afford. Pennsylvania state minimum liability requirements are 15/30/5 but drivers should carry more coverage.
The next chart demonstrates why buying minimum limits may not be adequate.
Coverage for collisions
This covers damage to your Astra resulting from a collision with another car or object. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against things such as hitting a parking meter, colliding with a tree and colliding with another moving vehicle. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. It's also possible to raise the deductible on your Astra to save money on collision insurance.
This coverage protects you and your vehicle's occupants from other motorists when they are uninsured or don't have enough coverage. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle's occupants as well as damage to your Saturn Astra.
Due to the fact that many Pennsylvania drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (15/30/5), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That's why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family. Usually these limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Medical costs insurance
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for expenses such as rehabilitation expenses, prosthetic devices and doctor visits. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Quote more and you will save more
In this article, we presented some good ideas how to find affordable Saturn Astra insurance in Philadelphia. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get prices for, the better likelihood of getting low cost Philadelphia auto insurance quotes. You may even find the best premium rates are with a lesser-known regional company. Smaller companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
When you buy Philadelphia auto insurance online, it's very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many cases, drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out that it was a big error on their part. Your aim should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
Some insurance companies may not offer online rate quotes and many times these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies. The cheapest Saturn Astra insurance in Philadelphia can be sourced on the web as well as from insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best selection.
Additional information is located on the following sites:
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Felons in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Postal Workers in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Philadelphia Car Insurance for 17 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for 16 Year Olds in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Philadelphia Car Insurance for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Warning systems don't curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)