I doubt anyone loves paying for insurance, especially when they know they could find lower prices if they just compared rates.
Smart shoppers know that insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. People who get comparison quotes at least once a year are likely to switch to a new company because there is a high probability of finding lower prices. A recent study showed that consumers who routinely compared quotes saved on average $865 a year as compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the most affordable insurance in Philadelphia is the reason you're here, then learning about the best ways to shop for coverages can save time, money, and frustration. Due to the large number of insurance providers from which to choose, it's nearly impossible to locate the most affordable company.
Best companies for low-cost Chevy Colorado insurance in Pennsylvania
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Philadelphia, PA. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you click on several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Premium rates and analysis
The rate table shown next covers a range of rate quotes for Chevy Colorado models. Being more informed about how car insurance prices are calculated can be of help when making smart policy decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Colorado LT 2WD||$210||$420||$330||$20||$98||$1,078||$90|
|Colorado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$246||$512||$330||$20||$98||$1,206||$101|
|Colorado LT 4WD||$246||$420||$280||$16||$84||$1,046||$87|
|Colorado LT Crew Cab 2WD||$246||$512||$330||$20||$98||$1,206||$101|
|Colorado LT Extended Cab 4WD||$246||$420||$280||$16||$84||$1,046||$87|
|Colorado LT Crew Cab 4WD||$284||$512||$280||$16||$84||$1,176||$98|
|Get Your Own Customized Quote Go|
Prices above based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Pennsylvania minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, and homeowner. Rate quotes do not factor in zip code location which can decrease or increase coverage rates substantially.
Premiums by gender and age
The illustration below compares Chevy Colorado insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Do you qualify for discounts on Chevy Colorado insurance in Philadelphia?
Insurance is not inexpensive, but you might be missing out on some discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Certain credits will be shown at the time of quoting, but some must be specifically requested before you get the savings. If they aren't giving you every credit you qualify for, you are just wasting money.
- Student Driver Training - Require your teen driver to enroll and complete driver's education if offered at their school.
- Paper-free Discount - Some of the larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying a policy and signing up on their website.
- Employee of Federal Government - Active or former government employment could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your insurance provider.
- Waiver for an Accident - Not a discount per se, but certain companies permit an accident before your rates go up with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a specific time period.
- Theft Deterrent System - Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are less likely to be stolen and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Multi-policy Discount - If you can combine your home and auto policy with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Safety Course Discount - Successfully completing a course in defensive driving could cut 5% off your bill and make you a better driver.
- Savings for New Vehicles - Adding a new car to your policy can be considerably cheaper because new model year vehicles keep occupants safer.
- ABS Braking Discount - Cars equipped with ABS or steering control can reduce accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it's just not the way it works.
The chart below compares Chevy Colorado auto insurance rates with and without some available policy discounts. The data assumes a male driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Pennsylvania state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-car, and claim-free discounts applied.
Companies and the discounts they provide can be read below.
- Esurance offers discounts for good student, homeowner, online shopper, renters, emergency road assistance, and safety device.
- The Hartford may include discounts for anti-theft, bundle, defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, driver training, air bag, and good student.
- AAA may offer discounts for multi-car, education and occupation, pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, anti-theft, good driver, and multi-policy.
- GEICO has savings for defensive driver, air bags, daytime running lights, federal employee, emergency military deployment, military active duty, and membership and employees.
- State Farm includes discounts for multiple autos, good driver, good student, defensive driving training, student away at school, anti-theft, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
When comparing rates, check with each company or agent to give you their best rates. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be available in your area. To view companies that offer discounts in Pennsylvania, click here.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When it comes to choosing your policy for your vehicles, there isn't really a single plan that fits everyone. Every situation is different.
These are some specific questions may help highlight if you would benefit from an agent's advice.
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- Is my Chevy Colorado covered for flood damage?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my Chevy Colorado?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
If you're not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It's fast, free and can help protect your family.
What if I want to buy from local Philadelphia car insurance agents?
Many drivers still like to have an agent's advice and that is a smart decision Professional agents can help determine the best coverages and help file insurance claims. An additional benefit of comparing rates online is that you can find lower rates and still have an agent to talk to.
After completing this simple form, your coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Philadelphia who want to provide quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You never need to find an agent on your own because quoted prices will be sent to you instantly. If you want to get a comparison quote for a specific company, don't hesitate to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right insurance company is decision based upon more than just the price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
Shown below are Philadelphia insurance companies that can give you rate quotes for Chevy Colorado insurance in Philadelphia.
Specifics of your insurance policy
Having a good grasp of insurance aids in choosing the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Auto collision coverage
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Colorado resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for things like backing into a parked car, crashing into a building, colliding with another moving vehicle and scraping a guard rail. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. You can also choose a higher deductible on your Colorado to bring the cost down.
This pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as theft, vandalism and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The maximum payout you'll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle's value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Auto liability insurance
Liability coverage will cover damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property that is your fault. Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show values of 15/30/5 which stand for a $15,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $5,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for things such as legal defense fees, emergency aid and medical expenses. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford. Pennsylvania state law requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/5 but you should consider buying higher limits.
The next chart shows why the minimum limit may not be enough coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
This protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Chevy Colorado.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (Pennsylvania limits are 15/30/5), their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for short-term medical expenses for things like prosthetic devices, X-ray expenses and rehabilitation expenses. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
What is YOUR best insurance company?
Throughout this article, we presented many tips how you can shop for Chevy Colorado insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Consumers may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from some of the smallest insurance companies.
Insureds switch companies for many reasons like high prices, high rates after DUI convictions, delays in responding to claim requests or even denial of a claim. No matter why you want to switch, switching auto insurance companies is not as hard as you think.
Some insurance companies do not offer online rate quotes and usually these small insurance companies only sell coverage through local independent agencies. Cost effective Chevy Colorado insurance can be purchased online as well as from independent agents in Philadelphia, and you should compare rates from both to get a complete price analysis.
Additional auto insurance information is available on the following sites:
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Philadelphia Car Insurance for a Nissan Versa? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Infrequent Drivers in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Explorer in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Philadelphia Auto Insurance for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Philadelphia Auto Insurance Quotes for Inexperienced Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for High Mileage Drivers in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)