Finding more affordable prices for Subaru Baja insurance in Philadelphia is difficult for drivers who have little experience comparison shopping online. With such a large choice of insurers to choose from, it can quickly become hard work to compare prices on Subaru Baja insurance.
It's a known fact that car insurance companies don't want you to compare rates. Insureds who get comparison quotes once a year are inclined to switch insurance companies because they stand a good chance of finding better rates. A recent insurance study discovered that people who made a habit of comparing rate quotes saved an average of $70 a month as compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If finding the cheapest rates on auto insurance is your goal, learning how to shop and compare auto insurance can make it easier for you to save money.
It's a good habit to shop coverage around before your policy renews because insurance rates are constantly changing. Just because you had the best deal on Subaru Baja insurance in Philadelphia on your last policy a different company probably has better prices today. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because you're about to find out how to use online quotes to find better coverage on Subaru Baja insurance in Philadelphia at a better price.
Our objective is to teach you a little about how auto insurance companies operate and how to save the most money. If you are paying for car insurance now, you will be able to buy cheaper auto insurance using the ideas you're about to read. Nevertheless, Pennsylvania consumers must learn the methods companies use to determine prices and apply this information to your search.
To find affordable Subaru Baja insurance quotes, there are several ways to compare rate quotes from many available car insurance companies in Pennsylvania. The best method to lower the rate you pay for Subaru Baja insurance consists of shopping online.
When price shopping your coverage, obtaining a wide range of quotes provides better odds of finding the best price.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Philadelphia, PA. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you click on several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Lower rates by qualifying for these eight discounts
Car insurance companies don't list every discount in an easy-to-find place, so the following list contains a few of the more well known as well as the least known credits that may apply to you. If they aren't giving you every credit available, it's possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings - Fewer annual miles on your Subaru could earn discounted prices on garaged vehicles.
- Seat Belt Discounts - Forcing all vehicle occupants to fasten their seat belts can save a little off the personal injury premium cost.
- Multiple Policy Discount - When you have multiple policies with one insurance company you may save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Homeowners Savings - Being a homeowner can help you save on car insurance because owning a home shows financial diligence.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are much safer to drive so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- College Student Discount - Any of your kids who live away from home at college and leave their car at home may be able to be covered for less.
- Accident Waiver - This one isn't a discount, but some companies like Liberty Mutual and GEICO will turn a blind eye to one accident before hitting you with a surcharge as long as you don't have any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags - Options like air bags or motorized seat belts could see savings up to 30%.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the whole policy. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Despite the appearance that it's possible to get free car insurance, car insurance companies aren't that generous. But all discounts will help lower your policy premiums.
A few of the larger companies and their offered discounts are included below.
- Progressive may offer discounts for good student, online quote discount, online signing, multi-vehicle, homeowner, continuous coverage, and multi-policy.
- MetLife discounts include claim-free, multi-policy, accident-free, good driver, and good student.
- Mercury Insurance includes discounts for age of vehicle, ease of repair, professional/association, anti-theft, and type of vehicle.
- Nationwide has discounts for easy pay, defensive driving, family plan, anti-theft, good student, and Farm Bureau membership.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including good student, air bags, anti-theft, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, emergency military deployment, and defensive driver.
- AAA offers discounts including anti-theft, pay-in-full, multi-policy, good student, and multi-car.
Double check with each insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. Some credits might not apply in every state.
It may be expensive, but it's not optional
Despite the high insurance cost for a Subaru Baja in Philadelphia, insurance serves an important purpose.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Subaru has a lienholder, almost every bank will make it a condition of the loan that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may insure your Subaru at an extremely high rate and make you pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your Subaru Baja but also your assets. It also can pay for medical transport and hospital expenses incurred in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your car insurance policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your Baja definitely exceed the price paid, especially for larger claims. But the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $820 a year so shop around once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Compare prices but buy from a local Philadelphia insurance agent
A small number of people just prefer to talk to a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is you may find the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent. Supporting local agencies is important especially in Philadelphia.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your insurance data is sent to local insurance agents in Philadelphia that can provide free Philadelphia auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to find an agent as quotes are delivered to you instantly. You'll get the best rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you want to get a price quote from a particular provider, just search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Pick the best car insurance agent in Philadelphia for you
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a reliable insurance agent, you need to know there are two different agency structures and how they operate. Insurance policy providers may be either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents do not write with just one company so they can insure your vehicles amongst many companies depending on which coverage is best. If your premiums go up, your agent can switch companies and you don't have to switch agencies.
When comparing insurance prices, you definitely need to get insurance quotes from a couple of independent agencies in order to compare the most rates. Most also have access to companies that do not advertise much that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
The following is a small list of independent agencies in Philadelphia that may be able to give you rate quotes.
- Rexach Insurance Agency
2932 N 5th St - Philadelphia, PA 19133 - (215) 229-6320 - View Map
- Accu Insurance Agency
7010 Elmwood Ave - Philadelphia, PA 19142 - (215) 726-0270 - View Map
- First Rate Insurance
7790 Rockwell Ave Suite 1 - Philadelphia, PA 19111 - (215) 725-6700 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents are contracted to one company like State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company's prices so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable on sales techniques which aids in selling service over price. Consumers often purchase coverage from exclusives primarily because of the brand legacy and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Below is a list of exclusive agencies in Philadelphia that are able to give price quote information.
- Mike Hickey - State Farm Insurance Agent
86 Bethlehem Pike - Philadelphia, PA 19118 - (215) 753-1501 - View Map
- State Farm - Adam Hutcheon
1436 Fairmount Ave - Philadelphia, PA 19130 - (215) 765-2686 - View Map
- Steven Breinlinger - State Farm Insurance Agent
7904 Germantown Ave - Philadelphia, PA 19118 - (267) 323-2923 - View Map
Finding a good insurance agency requires you to look at more than just the price. These questions are important to ask:
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
Car insurance 101
Knowing the specifics of car insurance helps when choosing the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Coverage for medical expenses - Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for short-term medical expenses like X-ray expenses, nursing services, rehabilitation expenses, prosthetic devices and dental work. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers both the driver and occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive car insurance - Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like a broken windshield, hail damage, hitting a deer, hitting a bird and falling objects. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle's value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers - This gives you protection from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Subaru Baja.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law (15/30/5 in Pennsylvania), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That's why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea. Frequently your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Liability coverages - Liability coverage provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to other's property or people by causing an accident. It protects you against claims from other people. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see policy limits of 15/30/5 that means you have a limit of $15,000 per injured person, a total of $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $5,000 paid for damaged property. Some companies may use a combined single limit or CSL that pays claims from the same limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability can pay for things like court costs, medical services, loss of income, legal defense fees and emergency aid. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford. Pennsylvania state law requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/5 but drivers should carry more coverage.
The next chart demonstrates why low liability limits may not provide you with enough coverage.
Collision coverage - This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers things such as rolling your car, sustaining damage from a pot hole and hitting a parking meter. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to increase the deductible on your Baja in order to get cheaper collision rates.