Searching for more affordable Suzuki Aerio insurance in Philadelphia? Are you irritated from trying to scrape together enough money to pay high insurance rates every month? You’re in the same situation as the majority of other people in Pennsylvania.
Unfortunately, most consumers kept their policy with the same company for over three years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared insurance rates at all. Drivers in Pennsylvania could pocket up to $690 a year just by comparing rates, but most tend to underestimate the actual amount they would save if they replace their high priced policy.
You have multiple auto insurance companies to choose from, and although it’s nice to be able to choose, more options can take longer to find a good deal for Suzuki Aerio insurance in Philadelphia.
Affordable rates by applying discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but discounts can save money and there are some available to reduce the price significantly. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you complete an application, but some must be asked about in order for you to get them.
- Government Employee Discount – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could qualify for a slight premium decrease with certain companies.
- Philadelphia Homeowners Pay Less – Just owning your own home may earn you a small savings because maintaining a house is proof that your finances are in order.
- Driver Safety – Taking a safe driver class can save you 5% or more if you qualify.
- Drive Safe and Save – Safe drivers can save up to 40% or more on their Philadelphia car insurance quote compared to accident prone drivers.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags can receive discounts of 20% or more.
- Professional Organizations – Belonging to qualifying clubs or civic groups could qualify you for a break on your policy.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving fewer miles can qualify you for lower insurance rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Senior Discount – Mature drivers may receive a small decrease in premiums.
- E-sign – A handful of larger companies provide a small discount for buying a policy and signing up over the internet.
- No Claims – Drivers who don’t have accidents can save substantially compared to drivers with a long claim history.
A little note about advertised discounts, most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it’s just not the way it works.
A partial list of companies that may offer policyholders many of the previously listed discounts may include but are not limited to:
If you want low cost Philadelphia car insurance quotes, ask each company or agent to give you their best rates. Some discounts may not be available everywhere.
When comparison shopping, comparing more prices increases your odds of finding more affordable rates. Some companies don’t provide online Philadelphia Aerio insurance quotes, so it’s recommended that you also compare price quotes on coverage from those companies, too.
The companies in the list below can provide price comparisons in Philadelphia, PA. If several companies are displayed, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get the cheapest price.
The Suzuki Aerio Insurance Premium Equation
Lots of factors are part of the equation when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, but other factors are more transparent like where you live and annual miles driven.
The factors shown below are some of the most common factors used by insurance companies to determine your premiums.
Age of drivers – Teen drivers in Pennsylvania are proven to be inattentive and easily distracted when at the wheel of a vehicle and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher. Older insureds are shown to be more cautious, statistically cause fewer accidents, and get fewer tickets.
Better prices on safer cars – Vehicles that have high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. Highly rated vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and better occupant protection translates into savings for insurance companies and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Suzuki Aerio scored better than an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may qualify for a discount.
Uninterrupted coverage saves money – Having a lapse in insurance coverage can be a quick way to increase your auto insurance rates. Not only will you pay higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance can result in a revoked license or a big fine. Then you may be required to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Pennsylvania motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
Car insurance liability protection limits – Your policy’s liability coverage kicks in when a court rules you are at fault for damages caused by your negligence. Liability insurance provides you with a defense in court which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
More traffic means higher claims – Choosing to live in areas with lower population has definite advantages when insuring your vehicles. Residents of big cities tend to have more traffic problems and more severe claims. Less people living in that area means reduced accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
Pay more for higher performance vehicles – The performance of the vehicle you need insurance for makes a huge difference in determining your rates. The best insurance prices are for lower performance four cylinder passenger cars, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
Getting married reduces risk – Having a significant other actually saves money on auto insurance. Marriage is viewed as being more financially stable and it’s proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
Accidents drive up costs – Drivers who don’t get tickets tend to pay less for car insurance than people who have multiple driving citations. Even one ticket can boost insurance rates by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who have received severe citations like reckless driving or DUI may need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
Insurance can get complicated
Always remember that when buying the best insurance coverage, there really isn’t a cookie cutter policy. You are unique.
For instance, these questions can help discover whether or not you could use an agent’s help.
- When should I drop full coverage on my Suzuki Aerio?
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
- What is glass protection for?
- What does medical payments cover?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Who is covered when they drive my Suzuki Aerio?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
If you can’t answer these questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Buying car insurance from Philadelphia insurance agents
A lot of people just prefer to buy from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision The best thing about getting online price quotes is you may find cheap car insurance quotes and still choose a local agent.
Upon completion of this simple form, your information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Philadelphia who will give competitive quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to even leave your home because prices are sent directly to you. You can find lower rates and a licensed agent to talk to. In the event you want to quote rates from a specific car insurance provider, feel free to visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Finding the right provider requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Where are claims handled?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
If you want to buy car insurance from a local Philadelphia insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the different types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Insurance agencies in Philadelphia are either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive insurance agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates like State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. They generally cannot give you multiple price quotes so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on the products they sell which can be an advantage.
The following is a list of exclusive agents in Philadelphia who can help you get price quotes.
These agents are appointed with more than one company so they have the ability to put coverage with any number of different companies and find the cheapest rate. If you are not satisfied with one company, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When comparing rate quotes, it’s recommended you include rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to get the most accurate price comparison.
Below are independent insurance agencies in Philadelphia who can help you get price quotes.
If you receive satisfactory answers to your questions and locked in a price quote, it’s possible that you found a car insurance agent that will adequately provide car insurance. Just be aware that you can terminate coverage any time you want so don’t feel you’re contractually obligated to any specific company for any length of time.
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Despite the high cost, insurance is required in Pennsylvania but also provides important benefits.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability if you want to drive legally. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Aerio, more than likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Suzuki at a significantly higher premium and require you to fork over for it.
- Insurance protects both your vehicle and your personal assets. Insurance will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your Suzuki gets damaged, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your car are definitely more than the cost, especially when you need to use it. The average driver in Pennsylvania is overpaying over $869 every year so smart consumers compare quotes at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
More comparisons equals affordable rates
When shopping online for car insurance, you should never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many situations where an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time that it was a big mistake. The proper strategy is to find the BEST coverage at the best cost, but do not skimp to save money.
Cheap Suzuki Aerio insurance in Philadelphia can be purchased online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies do not offer online rate quotes and these regional carriers sell through independent agents.
You just read a lot of information how to compare Suzuki Aerio insurance prices in Philadelphia. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of getting cheaper Philadelphia car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the best prices are with a smaller regional carrier.
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- How Much are Philadelphia Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Escape? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Philadelphia Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 21? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Good Drivers in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Veterans in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)