If you’re new to shopping for Philadelphia car insurance quotes online, you can easily be overwhelmed thanks to all the different types of insurers offering insurance in Philadelphia.
It’s safe to conclude that auto insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. Consumers who shop around once a year are likely to switch car insurance companies because they have a good chance of finding a lower-priced company. A recent study showed that drivers who routinely compared quotes saved on average $3,400 over four years compared to policyholders who don’t regularly compare prices.
If saving money on Suzuki Forenza insurance in Philadelphia is the reason you’re reading this, then having a grasp of how to get price quotes and compare coverages can save time, money, and frustration.
Smart consumers take time to do rate comparisons occasionally due to the fact that insurance prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Just because you had the best deal on Suzuki Forenza insurance in Philadelphia last year the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because you’re about to learn the proper way to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
When price shopping your coverage, comparing a large number of companies helps locate a lower rate. Some companies don’t provide Philadelphia Forenza insurance quotes online, so it’s recommended that you also compare price quotes from the smaller companies as well.
The following companies can provide price comparisons in Pennsylvania. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Affordable rates by taking advantage of discounts
Car insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you can get discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Some trigger automatically when you get a quote, but some discounts are required to be manually applied before they will apply. If you are not receiving all the discounts available, you could be getting lower rates.
- Student in College – College-age children who live away from home to go to college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Senior Citizens – Older drivers may qualify for a small discount on rates.
- Safe Driver Discount – Insureds without accidents can save as much as half off their rates than drivers with accident claims.
- Data Collection Discounts – Insureds that choose to allow driving data submission to monitor where and when they drive through the use of a telematics system like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm could see a rate decrease if they are good drivers.
- Pay Early and Save – By paying your policy upfront instead of paying each month you could save up to 5%.
As a sidenote, most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Even though it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, that’s just not realistic.
A few companies that possibly offer many of the previously listed discounts are:
When quoting, ask all companies you are considering how many discounts you can get. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered everywhere. To see a list of insurers who offer car insurance discounts in Pennsylvania, follow this link.
Independent or exclusive auto insurance agents
Some people still prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is OK! One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is you may find cheap car insurance rates and still buy from a local agent. Putting coverage with local agents is important especially in Philadelphia.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your information is immediately sent to local insurance agents that provide free Philadelphia car insurance quotes for your coverage. You never need to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. It’s the lowest rates without requiring a lot of work. If you have a need to get a price quote from a specific company, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
If you are wanting to find a reliable insurance agency, you should know the types of insurance agents and how they function. Car insurance agencies can be categorized as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Independent agents do not write with just one company and that gives them the ability to insure with multiple insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If premiums increase, they simply move your policy to a different company which makes it simple for you. If you are comparing car insurance prices, you absolutely need to include price quotes from several independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most also write with less well-known companies that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
Featured below are independent agencies in Philadelphia that may be able to provide comparison quotes.
- Kowalewski Jawork Insurance Agency Inc
706 S 5th St – Philadelphia, PA 19147 – (215) 922-1222 – View Map
- The Miles Insurance Agency Inc
7100 Cresheim Rd – Philadelphia, PA 19119 – (215) 753-7770 – View Map
- America Insurance Agency Inc
7214 Frankford Ave – Philadelphia, PA 19135 – (800) 283-0500 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies work for only one company and examples are Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive insurance agents are usually well trained on what they offer which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some insured continue to use the same exclusive agent partially due to the brand rather than low rates.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Philadelphia that are able to give price quotes.
- Pamela R Wilkins – State Farm Insurance Agent
8912 Frankford Ave – Philadelphia, PA 19136 – (215) 331-4500 – View Map
- Trish Floyd – State Farm Insurance Agent
7706 Castor Ave – Philadelphia, PA 19152 – (215) 725-3000 – View Map
- State Farm – Philadelphia – Thanh Pham
254 S 10th St – Philadelphia, PA 19107 – (215) 238-7400 – View Map
Choosing an car insurance agent should depend on more than just the premium amount. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Costs
Many different elements are part of the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some factors are common sense such as your driving history, but some are less obvious like where you live or your commute time.
The list below includes a few of the “ingredients” that factor into your prices.
- Lower stress equals lower rates – Do you work in a high-stress field? Occupations like military personnel, architects, and miners tend to pay higher rates than average attributed to intense work requirements and long work days. On the other hand, occupations like professors, students and homemakers generally pay rates lower than average.
- Liability limits are a factor – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance is the coverage that protects you when you are found liable for an accident. It will provide legal defense coverage which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability is cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not cut corners here.
- Is your car, truck or SUV built for speed? – The make and model of the car you need to insure makes a significant difference in your auto insurance rates. The most favorable rates will normally be found when insuring smaller low performance passenger models, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
- Insure your auto and home with one company – Most major insurers afford a discount to people that buy multiple policies such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can be ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even with this discount applied, you still need to shop around to help ensure you have the lowest rates.There is a chance you can save even more than the discount even if you insure with multiple companies
- How’s your driving record? – Careful drivers get better rates than their less careful counterparts. Having a single moving violation can increase the cost of insurance by twenty percent. Drivers unfortunate enough to have careless tickets like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may find that they have to to complete a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to legally drive.
Insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost, insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Suzuki Forenza, more than likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Suzuki at a much higher premium rate and require you to fork over the higher premium.
- Insurance protects not only your Suzuki Forenza but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for most medical and hospital costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially when you need to use it. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so compare rates at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
Cheap coverage is out there
Cheap Suzuki Forenza insurance in Philadelphia is attainable on the web and with local Philadelphia insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies do not offer the ability to get quotes online and usually these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
We just presented some good ideas how you can find cheaper Suzuki Forenza insurance in Philadelphia. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the lowest prices are with a lesser-known regional company.
Drivers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, denial of a claim, high rates after DUI convictions or even lack of trust in their agent. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new company is not as hard as you think.
For more information, feel free to visit the articles below:
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Felons in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Uninsured Drivers in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Veterans in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a GMC Sierra in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)