Nobody loves paying for car insurance, particularly when they are paying too much.
Unfortunately, most car insurance buyers renewed their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and nearly half have never taken the time to shop around. Philadelphia drivers could save 55% a year just by comparing rates, but they don’t want to spend time to compare rate quotes. Multiple insurers compete to insure your vehicles, and it can be difficult to compare rates to get the cheapest price on Toyota Rav4 Hybrid insurance in Philadelphia.
It is always a good idea to check car insurance prices on a regular basis because car insurance prices are usually higher with each renewal. Just because you found the lowest rates on Toyota Rav4 Hybrid insurance in Philadelphia at your last renewal you may be paying too much now. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because I’m going to teach you the only way to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
Best companies for Toyota Rav4 Hybrid insurance
The companies shown below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Philadelphia, PA. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Cut Insurance Costs with These Tips
Lots of things are used when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are pretty understandable such as traffic violations, but other criteria are less apparent like your vehicle usage or how safe your car is. Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the things that play a part in calculating your premiums. If you understand what influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that could help you find big savings.
The items below are some of the factors that factor into your rates.
- Don’t skimp on liability – Your auto insurance policy’s liability coverage kicks in if you are ruled to be at fault for physical damage or personal injury to other. This coverage provides you with a defense in court starting from day one. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to other policy coverages, so do not cut corners here.
- File a auto insurance claims and pay more – Companies in Pennsylvania provide better rates to people who do not file claims often. If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can definitely plan on higher rates. Your insurance policy is intended for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Safety ratings are a factor – Vehicles that have high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. Safe vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and fewer injuries translates directly to fewer claims and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Toyota has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you may be receiving a better rate.
- Do you know you’re credit score? – Your credit score is likely to be a major factor in calculating your premium rate. People with high credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than drivers with lower credit ratings. Therefore, if your credit could use some work, you could pay less to insure your Toyota Rav4 Hybrid by spending a little time repairing your credit.
Lower rate quotes by getting discounts
Some providers don’t necessarily list every possible discount in a way that’s easy to find, so we break down both well-publicized and the more hidden credits that may apply to you.
- Philadelphia Homeowners Pay Less – Being a homeowner can save a few bucks because owning a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Payment Method – By making one initial payment instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save up to 5%.
- Student in College – Older children who attend college more than 100 miles from Philadelphia and don’t have a car could qualify for this discount.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying a new car model is cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low mileage vehicles may allow you to get slightly better premium rates than normal.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars with anti-lock braking systems have fewer accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Accident Free – Philadelphia drivers who stay claim-free pay much less as opposed to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Life Insurance Discount – Some companies give a discounted insurance rate on car insurance if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Anti-theft Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles help deter theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Onboard Data Collection – Drivers that enable companies to study driving manner by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as State Farm’s In-Drive might get better premium rates as long as they are good drivers.
Discounts lower rates, but most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though the math looks like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you aren’t that lucky.
Companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are:
- 21st Century offers discounts for 55 and older, teen driver, driver training, defensive driver, good student, and automatic seat belts.
- Progressive offers discounts including online quote discount, good student, multi-policy, online signing, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
- State Farm may include discounts for good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, accident-free, and multiple policy.
- Nationwide may offer discounts for multi-policy, defensive driving, easy pay, business or organization, accident-free, and Farm Bureau membership.
- Esurance includes discounts for multi-car, renters, Pac-12 alumni, claim free, emergency road assistance, homeowner, and safety device.
- The Hartford discounts include defensive driver, anti-theft, driver training, vehicle fuel type, good student, bundle, and air bag.
If you want affordable Philadelphia car insurance quotes, ask every company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policies in Philadelphia. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies that offer discounts in Pennsylvania, click this link.
Do I need an insurance agent?
Certain consumers prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is a smart decision Most agents can answer important questions and help file insurance claims. The best thing about comparing car insurance online is that drivers can save money and get better rates and also buy local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, the quote information is emailed to local insurance agents in Philadelphia that can provide free Philadelphia car insurance quotes to get your business. You don’t have to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent to your email. If you want to get a price quote from a specific company, feel free to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Deciding on an provider should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions to ask:
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
If you want a reliable insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies that you can select. Agents may be either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both insure your vehicles properly, but it’s worth mentioning how they differ since it may influence which agent you choose.
These agents are contracted to one company such as AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. They generally cannot compare other company’s rates so you might not find the best rates. They are trained well on their products and sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents.
The following are exclusive agencies in Philadelphia that are able to give rate quotes.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents are not required to write business for one company and that enables them to quote your coverage through many companies depending on which coverage is best. If prices rise, they simply move your policy to a different company and you won’t have to switch agencies.
If you need cheaper car insurance rates, we highly recommend that you compare prices from a few independent agents for maximum quote selection.
Shown below is a short list of independent agents in Philadelphia who can help you get price quote information.
Nationwide Insurance: Ferullo Insurance Agencies LLC
1636 S Front St – Philadelphia, PA 19148 – (215) 468-4116 – View Map
After receiving acceptable answers to your questions and an affordable coverage quote, you have narrowed it down to an auto insurance agent that can be relied on to adequately provide car insurance.
How to know if you need help
When choosing coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there really is no one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different and your auto insurance should be unique as well.
These are some specific questions might help in determining whether you may require specific advice.
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Pennsylvania?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Are my company tools covered if they get stolen?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Don’t give up on cheaper premiums
As you quote Philadelphia car insurance, it’s not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In too many instances, an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The ultimate goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best possible price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Lower-priced car insurance in Philadelphia can be found on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to shop Philadelphia car insurance with both to have the best selection. Some car insurance companies do not provide internet price quotes and many times these regional carriers only sell through independent agents.
We just showed you a lot of techniques to reduce Toyota Rav4 Hybrid insurance auto insurance rates online in Philadelphia. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest auto insurance rates are with a small local company. These smaller insurers may often insure only within specific states and give better rates as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- How Much is Philadelphia Auto Insurance for Teachers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Philadelphia Car Insurance for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a School Permit in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)