Would you like to buy low-cost Volkswagen Atlas insurance in Philadelphia? Shopping for affordable Volkswagen Atlas insurance rates in Philadelphia is challenging if you haven’t ever used online rate comparisons. Don’t let that stop you because finding affordable coverage for Volkswagen Atlas insurance in Philadelphia is easier than you think.
Everyone knows that auto insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Drivers who get comparison quotes once a year are likely to buy a different policy because there is a good probability of finding lower rate quotes. A recent survey revealed that drivers who shopped around annually saved over $3,400 over four years compared to other drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the lowest price for insurance is your intention, then understanding the best way to shop and compare car insurance can make it easier to find better rates.
Best companies for Volkswagen Atlas insurance
The providers in the list below provide free rate quotes in Philadelphia, PA. If several companies are displayed, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Cut your car insurance rates with discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t necessarily list their entire list of discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below contains both well-publicized and also the more inconspicuous credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Philadelphia auto insurance online. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you are just wasting money.
- Driver Safety – Passing a class that teaches defensive driver techniques could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying a new car instead of a used Atlas can be considerably cheaper since newer models have better safety ratings.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Require your teen driver to take driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Safe drivers can save up to 40% or more on their Philadelphia auto insurance quote than drivers with accidents.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few larger companies allow discounts for buying a policy prior to your current Atlas insurance policy expiring. You could save around 10% when you buy Philadelphia auto insurance online.
Consumers should know that most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Even though it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The best car insurance companies and a selection of discounts are:
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for teen driver, distant student, early shopping, good student, business and professional, and homeowner.
- Esurance includes discounts for Pac-12 alumni, safety device, good driver, paid-in-full, claim free, good student, and anti-lock brakes.
- State Farm has discounts for multiple autos, multiple policy, good student, passive restraint, safe vehicle, and driver’s education.
- GEICO discounts include air bags, defensive driver, multi-policy, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, and daytime running lights.
- Allstate may have discounts that include teenSMART discount, economy car, EZ pay plan discount, defensive driver, multi-policy, good payer, and utility vehicle.
When comparing rates, check with every insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts may not be offered in your state. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies with discount rates in Philadelphia, click here.
What is the best insurance coverage?
When it comes to buying coverage online or from an agent, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
For instance, these questions might help in determining whether you might need an agent’s assistance.
- What happens if I owe more than my Volkswagen Atlas is worth?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- What states are considered no-fault?
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form.
When to contact an insurance agent
Certain consumers prefer to sit down with an agent and that is just fine! An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find better rates and also buy local. And providing support for small agencies is still important in Philadelphia.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to participating agents in Philadelphia that can give you free Philadelphia auto insurance quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to leave your computer as quotes are delivered to you directly. You can most likely find cheaper rates AND an agent nearby. If you wish to get a price quote from a specific car insurance provider, feel free to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Types of auto insurance agents
If you would like to find a local agent, there are two different types of agents that you can select. Insurance agencies in Philadelphia are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent agencies are not required to write business for one company so they can quote policies with many different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you are not satisfied with one company, the business is moved internally which makes it simple for you. When comparing car insurance rates, you will want to compare quotes from several independent agencies to have the most options to choose from. Many independent agencies also insure through companies you’ve never heard of which can save you money.
Shown below are independent insurance agents in Philadelphia that can possibly get you rate quotes.
- Philadelphia Insurance Companies
231 St Asaphs Rd #100 – Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004 – (610) 617-7900 – View Map
- The Miles Insurance Agency Inc
7100 Cresheim Rd – Philadelphia, PA 19119 – (215) 753-7770 – View Map
- Torri Insurance Agency
214 Fairmount Ave – Philadelphia, PA 19123 – (800) 701-5909 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel generally can only insure with one company and examples are State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable in insurance sales which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. A lot of people purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to the brand rather than having low rates.
Below are exclusive insurance agencies in Philadelphia willing to provide price quotes.
- State Farm – Philadelphia – Thanh Pham
254 S 10th St – Philadelphia, PA 19107 – (215) 238-7400 – View Map
- Les Moore – State Farm Insurance Agent
6750 N 5th St – Philadelphia, PA 19126 – (215) 224-4400 – View Map
- Steven Breinlinger – State Farm Insurance Agent
7904 Germantown Ave – Philadelphia, PA 19118 – (267) 323-2923 – View Map
Deciding on an car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
A conclusion for your auto insurance search
When trying to cut insurance costs, never buy poor coverage just to save money. There are too many instances where consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your goal should be to buy enough coverage at the best possible price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Consumers change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as poor customer service, unfair underwriting practices, denial of a claim and policy cancellation. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching companies can be less work than you think.
In this article, we covered many ideas to save on Volkswagen Atlas insurance in Philadelphia. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with a lesser-known regional company.
Additional detailed information can be read in these articles:
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Active Military in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Company Car in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Philadelphia Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 21? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for College Students in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)