No one in their right mind likes having to buy auto insurance, particularly when they could find better rates elsewhere.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that the vast majority of auto insurance customers have bought auto insurance from the same company for at least four years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rates with other companies. Philadelphia consumers could save roughly 55% every year just by shopping around, but they just don’t understand the rate savings if they switched to a cheaper policy.
There are many insurers to purchase coverage from, and though it is a good thing to have a selection, it can be more challenging to compare company pricing for Volkswagen Rabbit insurance in Philadelphia.
Companies offering Volkswagen Rabbit insurance in Philadelphia
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Pennsylvania. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you get rate quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Cheaper rates with these discounts on Volkswagen Rabbit insurance in Philadelphia
Some insurance providers don’t always publicize the entire discount list in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below contains some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Philadelphia auto insurance online.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars optioned with advanced anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with one insurance company you could earn a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find affordable Volkswagen Rabbit insurance rates in Philadelphia.
- Employee of Federal Government – Active or retired federal employment can save as much as 8% with select insurance companies.
- Student Driver Training – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers enroll and complete driver’s education as it can save substantially.
- Sign Online – A handful of companies will give a small break simply for signing on the web.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not necessarily a discount, but companies like Allstate and State Farm allow you one accident before raising your premiums as long as you don’t have any claims for a certain period of time.
- Home Ownership Discount – Simply owning a home can save you money due to the fact that maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
As a footnote on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
A few of the larger companies and their possible discounts are:
- State Farm offers premium reductions for accident-free, safe vehicle, multiple policy, passive restraint, Drive Safe & Save, and driver’s education.
- Progressive offers discounts including multi-vehicle, online quote discount, homeowner, good student, and multi-policy.
- Progressive includes discounts for online signing, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, good student, continuous coverage, and online quote discount.
- MetLife offers discounts for good student, accident-free, multi-policy, defensive driver, and claim-free.
- Farm Bureau may offer discounts for safe driver, youthful driver, good student, multi-policy, 55 and retired, driver training, and renewal discount.
- GEICO has discounts for seat belt use, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, military active duty, daytime running lights, and anti-lock brakes.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include teen safe driver, safe driver, anti-theft, multi-car, anti-lock brakes, bundle discounts, and homeowner.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. Some credits may not be available everywhere. To see insurers who offer discounts in Pennsylvania, click here.
You may need specialized car insurance coverage
When quoting and choosing coverage, there is no best way to insure your cars. Every insured’s situation is different so your insurance should reflect that For instance, these questions might point out whether you could use an agent’s help.
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- Does my policy cover me if I wreck while driving under the influence?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area.
Compare rates but still have a local Philadelphia insurance agency
A lot of people would prefer to sit down with an agent and doing that can be a smart decision One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local.
After completing this short form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to companies in Philadelphia who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to contact any agents as quotes are delivered directly to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you need to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, you would need to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right provider needs to be determined by more than just a low price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
When researching a reliable agent, it’s important to understand the types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance agents are either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive work for only one company and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare rates from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. They are trained well in insurance sales and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Shown below are exclusive agents in Philadelphia that are able to give price quote information.
Jack Stabler – State Farm Insurance Agent
6726 Torresdale Ave – Philadelphia, PA 19135 – (215) 331-4300 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are not locked into one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with multiple insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If premiums increase, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to find a new agent.
If you are comparing rate quotes, we highly recommend that you include a few independent agents to get the best comparison.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Philadelphia who can help you get rate quotes.
Don’t give up on affordable rates
In this article, we covered many ways to reduce Volkswagen Rabbit insurance rates online in Philadelphia. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the best price on insurance is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. These smaller insurers can often provide lower car insurance rates in certain areas compared to the large companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
As you restructure your insurance plan, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many cases, drivers have reduced full coverage and found out when filing a claim that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The aim is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
For more information, link through to the articles below:
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Nurses in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Philadelphia Auto Insurance Quotes for Inexperienced Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Homeowners in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Philadelphia Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford Fusion? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a GMC Sierra in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)